The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Yeah, it is overall pretty gross, war isn't a board game or a video game though. There comes a point where you need to reduce the enemies numbers and infrastructure and equipment cheaper than they can reduce yours. 

I think we are in agreement.  

While I remain horrified by the horrors of war, I'm a pacifist who realizes that there are times when force must be met with force, and that a forced hand is quick to make a fist.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I think we are in agreement.  

While I remain horrified by the horrors of war, I'm a pacifist who realizes that there are times when force must be met with force, and that a forced hand is quick to make a fist.

There's actually an anti-war song in Russian that has verbatim the following words "Goodness must have strong fists. Good people, clench your fists!"

36 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Thank you to the posters on this board for keeping the rest of us up to speed on the progress of this nasty war.

My impression is that there is a double standard with regard to what the US is willing to do for Israel vs what they have done for Ukraine so far.

Had the US (and other countries) given Ukraine the weapons that they needed to end this war, it could be over by now, or at least be much closer to a successful resolution for Ukraine.

Right now eyeballs in the US are focused on the following issues, in order of time spent reporting:

1. everything Trump (ffs)

2. Israel - Hamas war

Somewhere down the track is Russia attack on Ukraine. 

This is terrible because the average person in the US is capable of totally forgetting Ukraine and would likely be more inclined to believe any politician who takes the position that the US should not fund Ukraine anymore.

I just read that Polish truckers are blocking three border crossings with Ukraine to protest their loss of business during this war (Rueters). What the hell?

IMG_7217.jpeg

I think you had better do some reading on this. If not for the Americans Ukraine would no longer exist. It would be a province of Russia. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think you had better do some reading on this. If not for the Americans Ukraine would no longer exist. It would be a province of Russia. 

I wasn’t trying to say that US hasn’t been crucial to the success of Ukraine’s war effort to date.

Just worried that the winds of change will cause a reduction in US support going forward. That coupled with a lack of support from other Countries concerns me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

@RomanPer 

I just watched this movie  

Ukrainian sniper from the original conflict in the Crimea

It deals with a few issues we have discussed about personal views, he starts the movie as a pacifist.

Berenshtein is just about to start.

I have seen this before however it's a really good docudrama, they actually speak to him, he is in his 90's at the time.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/film-lauds-wwii-partisan-chief-who-found-hitlers-v2s-died-in-israel-in-obscurity/

I don't know if you can download the app however here is the link to the chanel I watched these and many other great movies from around the world

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/movies

Edited by Ilunga
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

@RomanPer 

It deals with a few issues we have discussed about personal views, he starts the movie as a pacifist.

I have seen this before however it's a really good docudrama, they actually speak to him, he is in his 90's at the time.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/film-lauds-wwii-partisan-chief-who-found-hitlers-v2s-died-in-israel-in-obscurity/

I don't know if you can download the app however here is the link to the chanel I watched these and many other great movies from around the world

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

@RomanPer 

I watched the Sniper movie on YouTube some time ago. I didn’t think it was connected to Crimea (he and his wife were living on the land in Eastern Ukraine, I thought), but it certainly portrays the times before Feb 24 2022. Loved most of the movie, except towards the end it became a little more American (Rambo-like).

Haven’t heard about Berenshtein moview yet, will definitely look into it. Thank you! It’s interesting that they just translated the very last phrase in the trailer as “Who is that Jew that you have?” In reality he used a more vulgar word for “Jew” in russian language, more like “kike”.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Anyone  come across a RuZ  prisoner / captured count anywhere ?

I can imagine Putin and his mob are worried about taking Russian POW's back who have lived inside Ukraine, even in a POW camp. Take them back and release them back into Russian society so they can talk about their experiences. Not just talk about their poor combat experiences but also their perceptions of Ukrainians and life in Ukraine. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I can imagine Putin and his mob are worried about taking Russian POW's back who have lived inside Ukraine, even in a POW camp. Take them back and release them back into Russian society so they can talk about their experiences. Not just talk about their poor combat experiences but also their perceptions of Ukrainians and life in Ukraine. 

Stalin had similar worries.  He was so concerned that 1 out of every 1,000 POW returned from Nazi prison camps may have been indoctrinated that he found ways to send them all to his own camps.    Says Google:

During and after World War II freed POWs went to special "filtration camps" run by the NKVD. Of these, by 1944, more than 90% were cleared, and about 8% were arrested or condemned to serve in penal battalions. In 1944, they were sent directly to reserve military formations to be cleared by the NKVD.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@Boudrias,  I thought this might interest you with our thoughts the other day.

Im pretty sure they’re (RuZ) spies and agents are working the same way in Canada.

The misinformation generated, with protests  created and funded by RuZ is dismantling to every Democratic Country in the World..   we would be no exception.

from my feed recently:

You do remember my post a few days ago about there being at least 1,000 active Russian spies in the United States, yes?

In September of this year, FBI Director Christopher Wray told an audience at the Spy Museum in Washington, D.C:

“The Russian traditional counter-intelligence threat continues to loom large.  The Russian intelligence footprint-and by that I mean intelligence officers-is still way too big in the United States and something we are constantly bumping up against…”

When you see these silly ass polls showing “Trump leading Biden” considerably….I want you to immediately think “Russian influence.”

Don’t you think…even for a minute…that Putin’s sophisticated networks of people who are dedicated to influencing the 2024 election…don’t have the people in place, or the means to shape the polls you are seeing. Do not. 

To think that isn’t possible…or even likely, would be an exercise in gullibility, ignorance, or lack of imagination. 

Most of the things you’re going to see about the election over the next 12 months….that scare you the most…have  a very high likelihood of being the result of Russian influence. 

Watch the peripheral events even closer. 

While the war with Israel-Hamas might not seem like “election interference,” I would argue it is some of the most potentially potent election interference there is. 

How? It induces fear and anger about the very kinds of issues that studies have shown to trigger people turn to domineering, power house candidates in an election year. 

In short, rather than try to shape the man to what they know you want, they seek to shape the world events…that shape you….so that you’ll want…. the man. 

The most important thing, every day, is to remind yourself, “Russia seeks to scare me, anger me and motivate me…and have me think it’s being caused by ANYTHING other than Russia.”

Look at EVERYTHING that scares you, angers you or motivates you in directions that are different than usual…and ask yourself, “Who benefits most from me being scared of this, mad at that, or motivated to do this?”

If how you’re feeling isn’t driving you harder towards voting BLUE, the answer is almost certainly “Russia/MAGA.”

It’s safe to say that the world’s largest covert election interference in history….is happening right now. We’re all part of it. 

We have to keep our shit together and our head on a swivel. 

I’m going to be helping you do that. 

Please subscribe to my Jack Hopkins Now Newsletter at 
JackHopkinsNow.com

Interesting piece Sam. Russia is well established in Canada and the USA. China as well. Now they can top off their efforts with AI. Their ability to aggregate info to measure successful messaging has never been seen before. All political parties are using these techniques. The influence of advertising using psychology whether for selling goods or influencing people is non-stop. It is a weapon when used by the Russians and Chinese. They both control the information that the 'allow' into their countries whereas in NA it is a free for all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2