The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'm pretty ok with them sending some missiles back directly to Moscow, via air of course.

Zelensky has already stated that Ukraine will retaliate into Russian territory if Ukrainian infrastructure is targeted like last winter. The AFU now have the weapons that will allow them to do so. Moscow should/will be a target. I am not suggesting the weapons used will be those restricted by western suppliers. Ukraine is developing their own home made options. 

Hef, I had thought that time was not on Ukraine's side in this conflict. Russia has the resources in manpower and industrial production to wear down Ukrainian resistance. Especially true if western support peters out. I am now more optimistic. The EU passed a resolution for fast tracking Ukrainian membership. The naysayers in the USA for ongoing Ukrainian support is still in the minortiy and the Euros are still high on their support. The entire western community is ramping up their weapons production. But most importantly is the Ukrainian people themselves. Their fight to date has been extraordinary. What has changed now is the ingeniousness of Ukrainian weapons development and utilization. As you suggested we could easily see the AFU hitting Moscow and other major Russian cities this winter. More likely we see a AFU winter offensive with the potential of a major breakout.    

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm seeing a lot less coverage regarding missile and drone attacks on civilian targets.  I'm narrowing it down to three possibly causes:

1. Fatigue causing them to just not be reported.

2. Russians are running out of missiles and drones.

3. They're saving them for a massive attack this winter.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder when the Russian population will start to care?

Maybe after they actually hear about it...

Besides, it's not really many people from Moscow who are dying anyway and who cares about people in Dagestan?

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder when the Russian population will start to care?

The clip yesterday of the Russian POW talking about his experience prior to capture was revealing. He ended up in prison for crime related to trying to feed himself. He enlisted out of prison and quickly realized his officers were sending them into harms way with no concern for the troops. Beating of those who retreated in the field or outright killing by gun or bombardment. Any of these soldiers who manage to get home have to be telling their relatives of what they experienced. Those who get home will likely have other family members who might be conscripted. The incentive to tell of their experience has to be there. 

Propaganda works and people believe it or not but decline to openly challenge it. The reality of knowing someone who has died in Ukraine or had parts of their body blown off makes things real. 

I suspect many Russians will be cold this winter as their supplies are restricted and they try to live with massive inflation. Cold and hungry. My impression is the Russian infrastructure cannot cope. The AFU will add to the misery with selected rocket and drone attacks inside Russia. 

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

The clip yesterday of the Russian POW talking about his experience prior to capture was revealing. He ended up in prison for crime related to trying to feed himself. He enlisted out of prison and quickly realized his officers were sending them into harms way with no concern for the troops. Beating of those who retreated in the field or outright killing by gun or bombardment. Any of these soldiers who manage to get home have to be telling their relatives of what they experienced. Those who get home will likely have other family members who might be conscripted. The incentive to tell of their experience has to be there. 

Propaganda works and people believe it or not but decline to openly challenge it. The reality of knowing someone who has died in Ukraine or had parts of their body blown off makes things real. 

I suspect many Russians will be cold this winter as their supplies are restricted and they try to live with massive inflation. Cold and hungry. My impression is the Russian infrastructure cannot cope. The AFU will add to the misery with selected rocket and drone attacks inside Russia. 

But it's Americas fault, right? That may be how they see it and who they blame.

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Maybe after they actually hear about it...

Besides, it's not really many people from Moscow who are dying anyway and who cares about people in Dagestan?

Yeah that's likely how it's viewed.

10 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Considering the source, actual losses are likely less than half that. 

Does it even matter? This war won’t end until Putz or Zelly takes a bullet in the back of the head.

zelinsky has already organized how and who will preside in a Democratic fashion if he is killed.

Putin not so much ,.  Seems to be missing in action these days and has his doppelgängers making scheduled visits,.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of his look allies is assassinated by Putin after the reconstructive surgery has healed. 😉