The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

zelinsky has already organized how and who will preside in a Democratic fashion if he is killed.

Putin not so much ,.  Seems to be missing in action these days and has his doppelgängers making scheduled visits,.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of his look allies is assassinated by Putin after the reconstructive surgery has healed. 😉 

There have been reports he's dead and his look alike is who we see. Including from some well known Russian power players. 

• Cheers 1

Unsustainable,.  No trained troops .

If UKR can take out infrastructure/ rail / roads and equipment before it crosses the border ,  UKR should continue taking out all RuZ military targets straight across to the Pacific Ocean.

(would be interesting if Japan decides to take those islands back)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Unsustainable,.  No trained troops .

If UKR can take out infrastructure/ rail / roads and equipment before it crosses the border ,  UKR should continue taking out all RuZ military targets straight across to the Pacific Ocean.

(would be interesting if Japan decides to take those islands back)

How long before the Russians re-institute the old Roman system of 'Decimation' for units that keep running away?

28 minutes ago, DSVII said:

How long before the Russians re-institute the old Roman system of 'Decimation' for units that keep running away?

Where have you been all war?

Kadyrov masturbates as his men mow down deserters. The endless suicide missions, walls of dead bodies to climb over, or become part of the path, on the way to Bakhmut.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Where have you been all war?

Kadyrov masturbates as his men mow down deserters. The endless suicide missions, walls of dead bodies to climb over, or become part of the path, on the way to Bakhmut.  

Not quite. Machine gunning your retreating soldiers ala 'Enemy at the Gates' style is very different from decimation.

Decimation is when your comrades draw straws and that one in ten who has the short straw has to be beaten to death by their nine comrades. Psychologically it's very different. Same result probably.

Edited by DSVII

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

Not quite. Machine gunning your retreating soldiers ala 'Enemy at the Gates' style is very different from decimation.

Decimation is when your comrades draw straws and that one in ten who has the short straw has to be beaten to death by their nine comrades. Psychologically it's very different. Same result probably.

When I saw that I just had to look it up.  Man, those Romans were cruel bastards.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Here we are, just minutes away from  the 11th hour, on the 11th day, of the 11th month, and I ask.

Have we actually learned anything, yet?

looks like NO.

I was just going to post something in honour of this day. If the West lets Putin goose step through Ukraine, we haven't learned a damn thing. Same with Iran and what's going on in the Middle East as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Here we are, just minutes away from  the 11th hour, on the 11th day, of the 11th month, and I ask.

looks like NO.

I'd say we've learned many much more efficient ways to kill people since 1918 so there's that.  

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Gurn said:

looks like NO.

The reason nothing changes is the people that start the wars don't actually fight them. If they had to go to the front lines I think they would want an instant cease fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

I was just going to post something in honour of this day. If the West lets Putin goose step through Ukraine, we haven't learned a damn thing. Same with Iran and what's going on in the Middle East as well.

Not just that. You can be assured a lot more Oct 7 attacks ala Hamas and Israel will happen. They're all being supported by the Kremlin even by proxy because Moscow wants to destroy the established international order to seize its 'historical ' borders.

A funny coincidence. Hamas attacks Israel on Putins birthday.

Edited by DSVII
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

Not just that. You can be assured a lot more Oct 7 attacks ala Hamas and Israel will happen. They're all being supported by the Kremlin even by proxy because Moscow wants to destroy the established international order to seize its 'historical ' borders.

A funny coincidence. Hamas attacks Israel on Putins birthday.

Point well made.

• Cheers 1