The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Regarding the factuality, all you have to do is look at the equipment Russia's put out on the battlefield. The US assessed a 60% failure rate for the equipment  (https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/exclusive-us-assesses-up-60-failure-rate-some-russian-missiles-officials-say-2022-03-24/)

Why do you think that failure rate happened? One word: corruption. Instead of using funds to maintain equipment those funds were pocketed. Based on that, what do you think the chance of that happening with the nuclear arsenal is? That chance is going to be pretty high since corruption has proven to not just be in one place in the military. You just have to think things through to see the likelihood of such a scenario being very high.

The use of nuclear weapons is more of a deterrent these days than it is actually used, because any nuclear power knows the actual use of one will likely mean the end of their reign of their country. 

This exactly. Remember Mad Max Fury Road? Russia is now Immortan Joe, an old guy with fake muscles strapped on so that from a distance, you can't tell that he's a shriveled old man. This is how the military powers around the world now view Russia, they have lost their credibility and that whole fear factor.

Russia doesn't know if they gave the order to launch, if their birds would fly, and they REALLY don't want to find out. 

image.thumb.png.d932d3d0f5130ceee5004a1cac2bc7f5.png

• Cheers 2

So much for him being dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/22/world/europe/putin-ukraine-russia-war-g20.html

"

In his first address to officials from the Group of 20 leading economies since his invasion of Ukraine, President Vladimir V. Putin on Wednesday rebuffed criticism that the war’s aggression was “shocking” and accused Western nations of a double standard because of their response to the conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Appearing at a virtual meeting of the G20, he called the war in Ukraine “a tragedy” that must be stopped and said Russia had “never refused” to engage in peace negotiations.

-------------------------------------

More at link.

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

So much for him being dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/22/world/europe/putin-ukraine-russia-war-g20.html

"

In his first address to officials from the Group of 20 leading economies since his invasion of Ukraine, President Vladimir V. Putin on Wednesday rebuffed criticism that the war’s aggression was “shocking” and accused Western nations of a double standard because of their response to the conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Appearing at a virtual meeting of the G20, he called the war in Ukraine “a tragedy” that must be stopped and said Russia had “never refused” to engage in peace negotiations.

-------------------------------------

More at link.

I guess you missed the body double part of the story.

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I guess you missed the body double part of the story.

So the leaders of 19 other countries, plus who ever else each leader allowed to watch the video feed would never be able to tell it was a body double? Or any of those other countries intelligence services,  which would   also be watching the feed?

16 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

This exactly. Remember Mad Max Fury Road? Russia is now Immortan Joe, an old guy with fake muscles strapped on so that from a distance, you can't tell that he's a shriveled old man. This is how the military powers around the world now view Russia, they have lost their credibility and that whole fear factor.

Russia doesn't know if they gave the order to launch, if their birds would fly, and they REALLY don't want to find out. 

image.thumb.png.d932d3d0f5130ceee5004a1cac2bc7f5.png

remember the SCUDS ?   

many didn’t get 100 feet off the ground,

many were off target .

was almost like a giant steel dildo was thrown on a catapult.

• Cheers 1

UKR INGENUITY !!

..  let’s send a few Vegas and Fiero’s !!

The boys resuscitated an old Ford Granada on their own, put a large-caliber DShK machine gun on it and are successfully hunting the Shaheds.
Glory to Ukraine and its soldiers 🇺🇦
Photo by Roman Naumov.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s not about me finding reports to share to prove my point..

Its about doing it yourself, and creating a conclusion based on your own knowledge to share.

I’m not here to research for anyone.

Im here to share what I find that is relative to a subject ..  that being this present and daily War in UKraine.

Nuclear Missile Silo / Systems maintenance can be another topic for @PhillipBlunt to start if he wishes to share the information he has .

That seems fair.

… but trying to add scepticism,  based on personal fear,  without reading or sharing anything to find our own conclusions is not.

It’s an uninformed opinion.  Based on a fear only .

It’s fear mongering ,  or the birth place of it.

As soon as RuZ invaded almost 2 years ago we all thought this,  many didn’t post to much about it ,.  Because they , like myself try to research as much information to educate ourselves .

Just bring some knowledge to the subject.

Its too easy to be a nay sayer and create an opinion based on hour own fears this day ,

it’s easier to display it in social media , and have everything blown out of proportion skepticism and unqualified opinions.

I don’t share everything I read ,  a lot of it is based exactly on an opinion only.

So then give him pointers against that fear-mongering. That's what going to solve that. PB historically is one I've seen actually listen to people. If you want to shut down the fearmongering than shut down the fear itself rather than the person who fears it. Don't shut down the person, shut down the fear. 😉

That's my opinion anyway. To me that would be much more effective than just going "you shouldn't talk about that in here".

• Cheers 1

Note that this is posted by the UKR Ministry of Defence ,.   Who has been saying for months that they have something special they are working on to strike the Crimean Bridge with..    perhaps  a special operation coming over the horizon ,.  Or under the surface ??

They we’re recently testing and trying a remote underwater drone (2 months ago?).

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

remember the SCUDS ?   

many didn’t get 100 feet off the ground,

many were off target .

was almost like a giant steel dildo was thrown on a catapult.

Yup, almost impossible to shoot down because, no one, not even the person who launched it, had any idea where it was going!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes, thanks to the USA. Particular thanks to POTUS Joe Biden who has led support by both Democrats and Republicans. Their support cannot waiver as Ukraine enters a winter that brings extra hardship. Those that can should give to those agencies that funnel money into Ukraine. Any help is well used.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

UKR INGENUITY !!

..  let’s send a few Vegas and Fiero’s !!

The boys resuscitated an old Ford Granada on their own, put a large-caliber DShK machine gun on it and are successfully hunting the Shaheds.
Glory to Ukraine and its soldiers 🇺🇦
Photo by Roman Naumov.

Heyyyyyy, I like this, I'll be in my quasi evil workshop.... 😉

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, thanks to the USA. Particular thanks to POTUS Joe Biden who has led support by both Democrats and Republicans. Their support cannot waiver as Ukraine enters a winter that brings extra hardship. Those that can should give to those agencies that funnel money into Ukraine. Any help is well used.

I suggested this on the other board, but the next time we play the Caps I'd love to get a fundraiser going on the GDT.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Russians are complicit through their apathy about Putin and his actions. They have accepted this and now they are paying the price.

Russian citizens have the ability to end this conflict within a week, but like so many in America who want Trump to implement an authoritarian government, they are completely passive about being dominated.

• Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

They need to accelerate the support and give them more advanced weapons that can hit targets within Crimea, especially the bridge. Ukraine has been good about not using Western weapons against targets within Russia, give them a single shipment of rockets that will allow them to overpower Russian air defenses around the Bridge and erase it from existence. Not just a single or two rockets hitting it at once that they can repair in a week. Give them enough that they can hit it 100 - 200 times within a 10 minute period from multiple launch sites. US, UK, German and French made technology, hit it hard and make sure that Russia can't just rebuild it. Doing so will shave months off the conflict and save billions in overall arms shipments.

They need to stop giving Russia the chance to respond. Let them shoot down 10% and turn the bridge into rubble on the ocean floor.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

They need to accelerate the support and give them more advanced weapons that can hit targets within Crimea, especially the bridge. Ukraine has been good about not using Western weapons against targets within Russia, give them a single shipment of rockets that will allow them to overpower Russian air defenses around the Bridge and erase it from existence. Not just a single or two rockets hitting it at once that they can repair in a week. Give them enough that they can hit it 100 - 200 times within a 10 minute period from multiple launch sites. US, UK, German and French made technology, hit it hard and make sure that Russia can't just rebuild it. Doing so will shave months off the conflict and save billions in overall arms shipments.

They need to stop giving Russia the chance to respond. Let them shoot down 10% and turn the bridge into rubble on the ocean floor.

Agreed.  Then do the same to the Kremlin.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1