The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

To add to an earlier post:

Note the specific targeting of taking out the vehicle’s ability to operate ,.  While leaving the hardware / support / cargo to stay intact .

As UKR advances , they capture the equipment / ammunition for their own usage.

These drones are being operated with precision and greater purpose ability than oversized pay loaded ammunition/ missiles 

• Vintage 1

On 11/22/2023 at 1:00 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Did you notice the (highly unlikely)?

And assassinating the president of Russia would most definitely result in nuclear war which would result in the deaths of hundreds of millions of people around the world, possibly billions. 

And what does Hitler have to do with the present conflict in Eastern Europe? You do realize that he committed suicide with Evan Braun right?

Do you remember Pol Pot? Oliver Cromwell? Joseph Stalin? Mao Tse Tung? All horrible figures in history who used either monarchy or oligarchic collectivism to instill fear in their populaces in order to steel control of their countries. And none were assassinated. 

Regardless, within a year from now, the war will be over through some semblance of peace talks. 

Who is Evan? Eva’s brother? 😃

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:47 AM, Satchmo said:

I know I will watch this film at the first opportunity to do so even though I'm sure it will break my heart.

The harrowing Ukraine war doc ’20 Days in Mariupol’ is coming to TV. Here’s how to watch

https://apnews.com/article/20-days-mariupol-frontline-pbs-ukraine-0f43c114529bd43d5a9f2ef31000ee83

Quoting myself because I just watched this.   It's a very powerful film.   So powerful that I had to take breaks and stretched it out to about 3 hours..

Be forewarned.  It is heart wrenching and enraging and not suitable for all viewers.   I am glad it exists though and wish I could beam it to all Russian tvs. 

EDIT - just read this bit a of a review from a guy named Matt Zoller Seitz  "It goes on a short list of great documentaries that the viewer will never want to watch again.... This is a dispatch from hell on earth. The fragmented, chaotic, imprecise nature of it is a revelation."  I think what he said fits.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Thanks 1

Ukraine war: Kyiv hit by biggest drone attack since war began

There was wave after wave of attacks from the north and east.

Officials said more than 75 Iranian-made Shahed drones were fired at the capital - all but one were shot down.

There have been no reported deaths from this attack, but at least five people were injured, including an 11-year-old child, Kyiv's mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said.

A kindergarten was among the buildings damaged.

President Zelensky also noted that the attack came on the same day that Ukraine commemorates the 1932-1933 Holodomor famine - brought on by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin - which killed several million Ukrainians.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67529571

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Ukraine war: Kyiv hit by biggest drone attack since war began

There was wave after wave of attacks from the north and east.

Officials said more than 75 Iranian-made Shahed drones were fired at the capital - all but one were shot down.

There have been no reported deaths from this attack, but at least five people were injured, including an 11-year-old child, Kyiv's mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said.

A kindergarten was among the buildings damaged.

President Zelensky also noted that the attack came on the same day that Ukraine commemorates the 1932-1933 Holodomor famine - brought on by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin - which killed several million Ukrainians.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67529571

I still wonder what Putin has given Iran for all this help. I do think its a tactical nuke. 

7 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Great trolling of russians by the Finns. They kept only one border crossing open, way up north, open twice a week, 4 hours only. This is how the road from St Petersburg to Helsinki looks now lol

image.thumb.png.70599045916ab115d71099202234ac36.png

Good girth.

Too bad about the balls.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I still wonder what Putin has given Iran for all this help. I do think its a tactical nuke. 

That would be a desperate move by Putin. It throws a lot of Russian leverage away. Putin is better at making promises that he never keeps. If they don't already have a weapon the Iranians must be close to it. I suspect Iran's number one security issue is internal revolt and the next a joint attack by a Sunni Arab and Israeli attack. Putin will keep his nose in there looking for opportunity and advantage. Supporting Assad hasn't paid off well for him. Iran is a counter to Turkey which will likely inherit the Black Sea. 

If nothing else the Israeli - Hamas war has shown the possible limitations of the 'Iron Dome'. It can be overwhelmed with enough missiles. Israel will be reassessing all of this. 

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

That would be a desperate move by Putin. It throws a lot of Russian leverage away. Putin is better at making promises that he never keeps. If they don't already have a weapon the Iranians must be close to it. I suspect Iran's number one security issue is internal revolt and the next a joint attack by a Sunni Arab and Israeli attack. Putin will keep his nose in there looking for opportunity and advantage. Supporting Assad hasn't paid off well for him. Iran is a counter to Turkey which will likely inherit the Black Sea. 

If nothing else the Israeli - Hamas war has shown the possible limitations of the 'Iron Dome'. It can be overwhelmed with enough missiles. Israel will be reassessing all of this. 

I put nothing past Putin at this point, for me the older he gets the more risky he will be.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1