The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

Graphic !!

Heavy Drone work as this storm moved in,.

look at how steady these drones operate even with the Wind picking up in the last clip.

incredible.    RuZ will not survive this ..

Recapturing Crimea may be as easy as walking in the snow that has Fallen.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

For those that are able please give to agencies who are helping Ukraine in this terrible war. Russia has killed 100's of thousands of Ukrainians. There are millions of Ukrainians in need. 

I researched options to donate thru and decided on the Canadian Red Cross who are active in Ukraine. To my knowledge the Red Cross runs a very tight org with most of donated money reaching those in need. Help if you can. 

Agreed.  Personally I prefer donating directly to the Ukrainian military, although they do have other options on their website for this who'd prefer it to go towards something other than weapons.

• Thanks 1

The spokesman of the Air Force of Ukraine confirmed the destruction of Russian aircraft over the Bryansk region in May of last year with the Patriot air defense system.

Yuriy Ignat told what he calls May 13, 2023 "the Bryansk massacre". Then, "thanks to non-standard actions", the Patriot air defense units destroyed five aircraft at once in five minutes - one Su-34 fighter, one Su-35, two rare Mi-8MTPR-1 helicopters and another Mi-8.

Ignat added that shortly after these events, Patriot shot down another Su-35 over the Black Sea.

Russia has failed at the largest airshow in the Middle East. Russian arms exporter didn't report signing any deals at the event.

The largest aerospace exhibition in the Middle East, Dubai Airshow 2023, which brought together leading manufacturers of civil and military aircraft, seems to have ended in a fiasco for Rosoboronexport. 

Following the November event,  Russian state corporation, a member of the Rostec holding company and a monopolist in the supply of Russian arms for export, did not report the signing of a single contract.

At the previous Dubai 2021 Salon, Rosoboronexport reported deals worth $1.3 billion, and in 2017 it boasted contracts worth $10 billion. At Russia's last arms show ("ARMY-2023"), the company agreed on sales worth $600 million, while a year earlier at a similar event - $390 million.

The head of Rosoboronexport, Alexander Mikheev, urged potential foreign customers on the first day of the salon not to be afraid of sanctions against the state corporation, which have blocked it from dollar payments since 2018. But neither the buyers nor the organizers of the exhibition were convinced. The Russian exposition in Dubai was "evicted" to the back of the exhibition space - away from global industry leaders such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Airbus, which, according to Reuters, managed to sign contracts worth $67 billion.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Russia has failed at the largest airshow in the Middle East. Russian arms exporter didn't report signing any deals at the event.

The largest aerospace exhibition in the Middle East, Dubai Airshow 2023, which brought together leading manufacturers of civil and military aircraft, seems to have ended in a fiasco for Rosoboronexport. 

Following the November event,  Russian state corporation, a member of the Rostec holding company and a monopolist in the supply of Russian arms for export, did not report the signing of a single contract.

At the previous Dubai 2021 Salon, Rosoboronexport reported deals worth $1.3 billion, and in 2017 it boasted contracts worth $10 billion. At Russia's last arms show ("ARMY-2023"), the company agreed on sales worth $600 million, while a year earlier at a similar event - $390 million.

The head of Rosoboronexport, Alexander Mikheev, urged potential foreign customers on the first day of the salon not to be afraid of sanctions against the state corporation, which have blocked it from dollar payments since 2018. But neither the buyers nor the organizers of the exhibition were convinced. The Russian exposition in Dubai was "evicted" to the back of the exhibition space - away from global industry leaders such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Airbus, which, according to Reuters, managed to sign contracts worth $67 billion.

Maybe they were worried that Russia wouldn't be around to do their warrantee work? 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Maybe they were worried that Russia wouldn't be around to do their warrantee work? 

Nevermind the warranty, if I were on the other side of the deal, I'd question if and when I'd even get the hardware to begin with. lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Russian Partisans now at work apparently..

When I see images like this my first thought it is nice to see Russia getting their just deserts.   My second thought is what an environmental disaster this whole thing has been.   All the more reason to detest Putin and his cronies.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

When I see images like this my first thought it is nice to see Russia getting their just deserts.   My second thought is what an environmental disaster this whole thing has been.   All the more reason to detest Putin and his cronies.

I think the real question would be whether or not it's more of an environmental disaster long term not blowing up the base. Those bases are not exactly pollution friendly to begin with.