The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Because they're already their like the HIMARS were 

Not yet.

"Kyiv has been asking Washington for ATACMS for well over a year. The White House initially explained its refusal by citing the risk of Russian escalation. More recently, the administration has contended that America simply has no ATACMS to spare.

However, two U.S. officials told ABC News that the Pentagon has found more ATACMS in its inventory than it originally assessed, although their serviceability and variant remains unclear."

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/09/15/ukraine-might-finally-get-atacms-heres-what-that-means/

Edited by Honky Cat

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Not yet.

"Kyiv has been asking Washington for ATACMS for well over a year. The White House initially explained its refusal by citing the risk of Russian escalation. More recently, the administration has contended that America simply has no ATACMS to spare.

However, two U.S. officials told ABC News that the Pentagon has found more ATACMS in its inventory than it originally assessed, although their serviceability and variant remains unclear."

Again. Nonsense. 

Escalation? 

F-16’s are on the way. Abrams are on the way. 

Bloody nonsense. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

But they HIMARS don’t have the range of ATACMS. 

That’s the difference. And it’s a life or death difference for Ukrainian soldiers and civilians. 

You're misunderstanding.

HIMARS were in Ukraine before they were announces to have been sent there.  I believe this is the same situation.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

Not yet.

I reiterate that I think they are already there and teams have or are being trained on them

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

You're misunderstanding.

HIMARS were in Ukraine before they were announces to have been sent there.  I believe this is the same situation.

I reiterate that I think they are already there and teams have or are being trained on them

Gut feeling ?

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're misunderstanding.

I assure you, I’m not misunderstanding. 

HIMARS were announced and then it took weeks for them to get into the battle.

If ATACMS are authorized, it would take weeks for them to come on line.

The escalation nonsense is just that.  Nonsense  

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Gut feeling ?

HIMARS strikes were all but confirmed a week or so prior to HIMARS being announced as being in Ukraine.  Teams were already training on Patriot systems weeks before they were announced.  I believe the same will be found regarding ATACMS and the F-16s

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

HIMARS strikes were all but confirmed a week or so prior to HIMARS being announced as being in Ukraine.  Teams were already training on Patriot systems weeks before they were announced.  I believe the same will be found regarding ATACMS and the F-16s

I'm inclined to agree with this. It's been somewhat of a trend I've noticed in these timelines before.

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Definitely confirmed that they are training on F-16's, but not on ATACMS.

You don't need to in depth train people to use ATACMS ? It's simply another missile that can be launched from a HIMARS platform.

There is zero evidence that ATACMS are in Ukraine.

"Rice expressed hope that the decision would eventually be made, and explained that it would only take two days: “It’s just the pod on HIMARS, it’s just different. It’s one rocket instead of six. So that doesn’t require any additional training. It’s just basically a quick replacement." According to Zaluzhnyi’s special advisor, long-range rockets would allow to cut off Crimea from Russia and destroy the Russian military contingent on the peninsula".

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3683299-atacams-to-require-no-additional-training-for-ukrainians-cincs-special-advisor-rice.html

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Thanks 1