The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

Yea why not? Who cares about whichever country wins and loses?

People's lives have meaning, not their countries.

The people who would be living under a Russian state that wants to commit genocide against them care.  I sincerely hope you're trolling.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The people who would be living under a Russian state that wants to commit genocide against them care.  I sincerely hope you're trolling.

Well my whole point is we need to get those people out of harms way, first of all.

Like lets keep it REAL okay. The russian state, if we could just you know, deal with that then problem solved. But the Russian soliders are victims too. They are being forced similar to the Ukraian Soliders.

Literally every single solider on both sides of the battlefield would rather be at home watching Television cuddling next to a cutie and eating Russian Hot Cheetos.

You cannot say they aren't forced to be there.

Good state vs bad state? How about both Ukraine and Russia are bad for making the people fight people who are similar to them.

The most ideal solution is; All the soldiers on both sides lay down their weapons, or they turn their weapons against the state that is forcing them to fight.

Edited by 6foot5andJackedAF

16 minutes ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

Well my whole point is we need to get those people out of harms way, first of all.

Like lets keep it REAL okay. The russian state, if we could just you know, deal with that then problem solved. But the Russian soliders are victims too. They are being forced similar to the Ukraian Soliders.

Literally every single solider on both sides of the battlefield would rather be at home watching Television cuddling next to a cutie and eating Russian Hot Cheetos.

Good state vs bad state? How about both Ukraine and Russia are bad for making the people fight people who are similar to them.

The most ideal solution is; All the soldiers on both sides lay down their weapons, or they turn their weapons against the state that is forcing them to fight.

If Russia lays down their weapons, there is no war.  If Ukraine lays down their weapons, there is no Ukraine.  Ukraine is in fact a democracy, and collectively they have decided they would rather fight back than doom their citizens to oppression under Putin's barbaric regime.  It is not our place to tell them otherwise.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If Russia lays down their weapons, there is no war.  If Ukraine lays down their weapons, there is no Ukraine.  Ukraine is in fact a democracy, and collectively they have decided they would rather fight back than doom their citizens to oppression under Putin's barbaric regime.  It is not our place to tell them otherwise.

And what about the men who scream and cry, begging not to be taken away to war? Or have you not seen those photos and videos?

What about the men who are falsely tricked into believing in a "state" (such as yourself) being a good thing?

4 minutes ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

And what about the men who scream and cry, begging not to be taken away to war? Or have you not seen those photos and videos?

What about the men who are falsely tricked into believing in a "state" (such as yourself) being a good thing?

So you're an anarchist?

9 hours ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

In your final sentence you suggest “all soldiers turn their weapons against the state that is forcing them to fight.”Pootin is the reason there is fighting so all soldiers should turn the weapons on him and those who support him?
I think the Russian soldiers should turn against their state leaders. But Ukrainian soldiers should stay out of that. They should help rebuild their country. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

Yea why not? Who cares about whichever country wins and loses?

People's lives have meaning, not their countries.

You must be being intentionally obtuse, nobody is this ignorant without trying

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

It’s only the Russians

4 minutes ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

Way too much ignorance for me to respond to. Don’t believe everything you see in movies, kids. 

The only ignorance in here is you kid. I hope you meet the our lovely forum sniper

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

Way too much ignorance for me to respond to. Don’t believe everything you see in movies, kids. 

Speaking of ignorance, I'll bring up the Ignore function.   You are new here and may not know of it.   If a poster consistently posts nonsense, or seems to have some hidden  agenda, you can just block them and no longer see their posts.  I'm just about to use it and suggest others do as well.    

Hope you enjoy tonight's game and thanks for your support of the Canucks.

1 hour ago, 6foot5andJackedAF said:

I love the sentiments of your recent posts.  

It could be that easy. It really could. Troops could just simply refuse to fight....in all tribes. We are smart enough now to know that we are all being lead by a very rich minority. They use the same mechanisms they have used for a long time...they use religion, lies, and fear etc, to control.

It could be easy, but It would take a paradigm shift and it will not happen.

Humans will destroy themselves. There really is no hope. Those few that are left in the caves will wonder how it all went so bad. That it didn't need to be this way. Humans could have refused to kill for their leaders/ gods/ culture...It could have been so easy. 

Edited by bishopshodan

10 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

I dont know where to begin with your posts, the ignorance is astounding. Russia is attacking and trying to enslave them, and you want to force them to give in. Sure there are a small number of people who dont want to fight but the vast majority of Ukrainians dont ever want to be under Russian rule again. Judging by the number of posts you have im going to assume you are a troll but ill continue answering anyways. In addition to avoiding slavery, Ukraine is also helping the rest of the world by draining Russian resources and trained personnel. Russia has been a belligerent nation and has undermined the stability of the world for more than a decade, has been threatening and invading neighbors and also hurting their own people through their rampant corruption. The longer they are allowed to act without resistance, the more harm they will do to the world. If we dont help the fight in Ukraine, then we will have to fight them in Estonia, Poland, Finland etc when Russia next acts. Russia is already launching attacks through deploying massive numbers of refugees to the border and they will continue to do anything in their power to attack western nations because Russia is opposed to western ideals and wants a world where the powerful can do whatever they want without consequence and take whatever they want when they want it. This is a problem that like many types, the longer it goes without being fixed, the more expensive it becomes to fix and countering Russia in Ukraine will be far cheaper than fighting them in a NATO country in open warfare.

As to the comment about states, a state is the evolution of civilization from small tribes into larger groups, allowing the organization of greater levels of manpower and resources than can be managed at smaller levels. Without states there would be no modern civilization and you can see in various places in Africa what happens without a state, just a bunch of warlords killing everyone for petty resources. Whatever form they take, whatever governing style they use, they are superior to any stateless society unless you think living Amish style is the way to go.

I can't be bothered even addressing those posts.  I am still trying to understand how twisted a society when a Russian POW is allowed to phone home and his wife answers the call while partying. She could not even respond to his call in a coherent manner. Many of these Russian soldiers are signing contracts for the money they receive. Many are there for the money plain and simple. 

• Cheers 1