The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Putin will keep hucking meat bullets at the town until they win.

So then, at this rate, we're looking at a Russian victory in Andiivka in.... 2026 or something. lol

I really hope something happens in the meantime to forfeit Russia's claims on Ukraine. I feel like that's the more likely scenario to happen for this war to end at this point. Ukraine will keep gaining ground little by little, but it's not exactly a rapid pace. (I'm hoping Krynky changes that)

Edited by The Lock

12 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Putin will keep hucking meat bullets at the town until they win.

56 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So then, at this rate, we're looking at a Russian victory in Andiivka in.... 2026 or something. lol

I really hope something happens in the meantime to forfeit Russia's claims on Ukraine. I feel like that's the more likely scenario to happen for this war to end at this point. Ukraine will keep gaining ground little by little, but it's not exactly a rapid pace. (I'm hoping Krynky changes that)

A CNN headline today kinda sums it up 

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intelligence assessment”

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I really think that, even if there are still some lingering issues in both countries, having the requirements to join a little more relaxed could help solidify the EU long term. Ukraine's going to be a very important bread basket moving forward. It already is now as evidenced by the impact of this war.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, The Lock said:

I really think that, even if there are still some lingering issues in both countries, having the requirements to join a little more relaxed could help solidify the EU long term. Ukraine's going to be a very important bread basket moving forward. It already is now as evidenced by the impact of this war.

The EU and NATO should be setting deadlines for Ukraine membership. Putin is using weak political action by the west to fuel a campaign of weakening Ukrainian support in the west. The GOP is trying to twin Ukrainian aid with Mexican border funding. Also many Americans resent the level of their support versus that of the Euros. To some extent it appears to be working as European support for Ukraine is amping up. Eventually there should be enough GOP support that Ukraine will get what is needed. Nutcases like Trump and Vivek Ramaswamy will fall by the wayside. Haley should be the GOP nominee. Biden should get full credit for his early support.

IMHO the west has not provided enough weapons to allow Ukraine to win this war. Aircraft is a big piece. Controlling Ukrainian airspace is critical and having aircraft that can provide ground support is needed. I understand that rebuilding military munitions production takes time but the invasion began in Feb 2022. Time for NATO to more aggressively state what they will do on the ground in support of Ukraine. NATO could easily divert Russian resources away from Ukraine by massing troops in Poland or the Balkans. Belarus is getting a free ride in this conflict. Special forces could be fomenting unrest inside that country. Fear of a uprising there would cause major Russian concerns.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Finland will provide the U.S. with 15 areas of the country for military depots and bases

The Finnish Foreign Ministry has announced its intention to sign a defense cooperation agreement with the United States, which will allow the U.S. military to place its bases, warehouses, weapons and contingents in 15 military areas of the country. These include naval and air bases, garrisons and training grounds, among others. The agreement will be signed Dec. 18 in Washington.

Finnish Defense Minister Antti Häkkänen stressed that the agreement does not envisage the deployment of U.S. bases and military contingents in Eastern Finland - on the border with Russia.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

When you think of the magnitude of the nuclear weapon used on Hiroshima ,

the atrocities of the Nazi regime throughout  WW2,. the brutal battles in WW1, and many many other conflicts.

One would think that the War to end all wars should already be history.

The time to realize that the evil pursuit of greed and power must be gone forever if the Earth is to survive.

Humankind must live on in peace and harmony without exceptions to religion, race, or belief, .. or be lost.

So many lives, resources, and environments are disappearing,.
that if working in cooperation,  the true future of humanity living in harmony with this planet may be realized.

but the window is closing..

There is only one planet we live on,.

finding another is not the answer.

If we do,  we will only fuck it up too.

If there is a “god” we must kneel too and protect,   It is this planet and solar system.

It feeds and sustains our entire existence.

It always has, always will ..

believe in that.

We know of War,.  We now need to know more of true World Peace.. and how to get it..

2607BC4A-E90A-491A-9A37-754D35D47834.thumb.jpeg.a3c27d8bff353e24ecbf22df1f604d4d.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sadly a site that I listen called ATP Geopolitics did a report on corruption inside the Ukrainian officer corp. Evidence of materials being stolen instead of sent to soldiers. Some confusion as to whether some of these goods were being hoarded for use by units other than those that they were being sent to. This site is very pro Ukraine but will advocate for change. Also stated that some Ukrainian officers need more training. 

Warthog Defense site has been removed from uTube. Apparently Russian agents send in multiple complaints on a site and the AI flag it and will shut it down. The process to get reinstated takes days.

If Avdiivka falls to the Russians it might cause a AFU retrenchment and reassessment of strategy. Ukrainian allies have to increase their support plain and simple. Ukrainian troops are dying because of weak support. The focus has to be victory and not maintenance of the status quo. If the world cannot stand up to a despot like Putin then there is little hope for the future. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Lithuania suggests Orbán leave the EU

Arnoldas Pranckevičius, Lithuania's permanent representative to the EU, addressed the authorities of the only EU member state that did not support the allocation of 50 billion euros to Ukraine.

"I would very much like to wish this EU member state to never experience the war that the people of Ukraine are going through now, that its cities are not bombed, its citizens are not killed, that the aggressor country does not occupy its territories. I wish that this state would not have to ask others for solidarity and face vetoes from allies for vital assistance in moments of the most urgent need," he said.

Pranckevičius added that the EU is strong because of solidarity and mutual trust: "If you are not ready for either, there is only one right solution - to leave," he concluded.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Terminal Autonomy is a UKraine Company.

Sorry Sam I have never grasped metric as I treat it as a 2nd language. 72 kg is 160 pounds. Whatever language that is a sizeable payload and will do serious damage. 750 km or 460 miles is also a big deal. Lookout Moscow. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lithuania suggests Orbán leave the EU

Arnoldas Pranckevičius, Lithuania's permanent representative to the EU, addressed the authorities of the only EU member state that did not support the allocation of 50 billion euros to Ukraine.

"I would very much like to wish this EU member state to never experience the war that the people of Ukraine are going through now, that its cities are not bombed, its citizens are not killed, that the aggressor country does not occupy its territories. I wish that this state would not have to ask others for solidarity and face vetoes from allies for vital assistance in moments of the most urgent need," he said.

Pranckevičius added that the EU is strong because of solidarity and mutual trust: "If you are not ready for either, there is only one right solution - to leave," he concluded.

Orban is a slug. The EU must have some method for expulsion. The UK left on its own volition. Wasn't there talk of kicking Greece out when they defaulted on their debt? The EU member states have to address this as the entire entity's power and influence is at stake. If Orban can blackmail like this with success then others will do the same. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Orban is a slug. The EU must have some method for expulsion. The UK left on its own volition. Wasn't there talk of kicking Greece out when they defaulted on their debt? The EU member states have to address this as the entire entity's power and influence is at stake. If Orban can blackmail like this with success then others will do the same. 

He is. Which is why it's so creepy that he's a darling of some on the right. Harper eg.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1