The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

This type of pressure is needed on the entirety of NATO and the EU.

This War is a direct consequence of their request for UKraine to demilitarized,

Basically leaving UKraine exposed and threatened to RuZ without consequences.

im going to read about this agreement to see if any / what kind of safeguards were put in place to protect UKraine..

Edited by SilentSam

Furthermore, from the above post:

Thanks, among others, to the efforts of US President Bill Clinton, Ukraine gave up all its nuclear charges, eliminated nuclear weapons carriers, dismantled Tu-160 and Tu-95MS strategic bombers and disposed of rocket fuel!
Now, we, the Ukrainians  are paying for it with the lives of our defenders and civilians, Ukrainian kids and womens! 

Signing of the Budapest Memorandum: Nuclear disarmament of Ukraine. 

US President @BillClinton, Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Ukrainian President Leonid Kravchuk signed the agreement on nuclear disarmament of Ukraine.
On December 5, 1994, they were in Budapest signed security guarantees for Ukraine , which went down in history under the name of the Budapest Memorandum. 

Throughout 1994, extremely tense negotiations regarding Ukraine's nuclear status continued. They ended on December 5 with the signing in Budapest of the Memorandum on security guarantees in connection with the accession to Treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons between the Russian Federation, Great Britain, the USA and Ukraine.

According to these agreements, a young state pledged to get rid of all nuclear weapons, and in return received assurances from the guarantor countries that they would not use nuclear weapons against it and would respect the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of Ukraine. 

The colossal nuclear arsenal of Ukraine , inherited from the Soviet Union, included 176 intercontinental ballistic missiles, from 1,200 to 2,156 strategic warheads, and from 2,500 to 4,200 ammunition of tactical weapons, strategic bombers TU-95MS and TU-160. 

This nuclear power exceeded the nuclear arsenals of China , Britain and France  combined. 

So, where are you, the shitty guarantors of the security of my country? 

You do not introduce a NATO contingent to drive out the aggressor, you do not provide the required amount of weapons on time and in full, and you block financial assistance. 

You allow yourself to go on Christmas vacation and blocking the help to Ukraine! 

So, @BillClinton @Potus @GOP @SpeakerJohnson @RepMTG @RpsAgainstTrump @LindseyGrahamSC, get out of the comfort of your Christmas vacation and help my country! 

If you don't have the guts to strangle the RuZ bastard on your own, then give US, UKRAINIANS, the opportunity to do it. 

Fulfill your obligations! 

#BudapestMemorandum 
#UkraineSafetyGuar

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

The money would have been better spent on hospitals and schools, as noted-but the numbers appear way out of wack.

Seems to work out to $10 mill for a school or $60 mill for a hospital?

Russia has much lower wages so that money would go 2 or 3 times as far as it would here. Even still, that would be a pretty small school or hospital. Especially on the hospital side as much of the medical equipment would have to be imported and the purchasing power advantage is lost. But maybe just the building and no equipment could be done for $60 mil US?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Furthermore, from the above post:

Thanks, among others, to the efforts of US President Bill Clinton, Ukraine gave up all its nuclear charges, eliminated nuclear weapons carriers, dismantled Tu-160 and Tu-95MS strategic bombers and disposed of rocket fuel!
Now, we, the Ukrainians  are paying for it with the lives of our defenders and civilians, Ukrainian kids and womens! 

Signing of the Budapest Memorandum: Nuclear disarmament of Ukraine. 

US President @BillClinton, Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Ukrainian President Leonid Kravchuk signed the agreement on nuclear disarmament of Ukraine.
On December 5, 1994, they were in Budapest signed security guarantees for Ukraine , which went down in history under the name of the Budapest Memorandum. 

Throughout 1994, extremely tense negotiations regarding Ukraine's nuclear status continued. They ended on December 5 with the signing in Budapest of the Memorandum on security guarantees in connection with the accession to Treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons between the Russian Federation, Great Britain, the USA and Ukraine.

According to these agreements, a young state pledged to get rid of all nuclear weapons, and in return received assurances from the guarantor countries that they would not use nuclear weapons against it and would respect the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of Ukraine. 

The colossal nuclear arsenal of Ukraine , inherited from the Soviet Union, included 176 intercontinental ballistic missiles, from 1,200 to 2,156 strategic warheads, and from 2,500 to 4,200 ammunition of tactical weapons, strategic bombers TU-95MS and TU-160. 

This nuclear power exceeded the nuclear arsenals of China , Britain and France  combined. 

So, where are you, the shitty guarantors of the security of my country? 

You do not introduce a NATO contingent to drive out the aggressor, you do not provide the required amount of weapons on time and in full, and you block financial assistance. 

You allow yourself to go on Christmas vacation and blocking the help to Ukraine! 

So, @BillClinton @Potus @GOP @SpeakerJohnson @RepMTG @RpsAgainstTrump @LindseyGrahamSC, get out of the comfort of your Christmas vacation and help my country! 

If you don't have the guts to strangle the RuZ bastard on your own, then give US, UKRAINIANS, the opportunity to do it. 

Fulfill your obligations! 

#BudapestMemorandum 
#UkraineSafetyGuar

I wonder how Clinton and the others involved sleep at night,knowing so many innocent people have lost their homes and lives because of this. Shameful 

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I wonder how Clinton and the others involved sleep at night,knowing so many innocent people have lost their homes and lives because of this. Shameful 

To be fair, the deal involved security guarantees by UK, USA and Russia. Russia obviously didn't uphold their end of the agreement and the other 2 are providing significant support to Ukraine.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

To be fair, the deal involved security guarantees by UK, USA and Russia. Russia obviously didn't uphold their end of the agreement and the other 2 are providing significant support to Ukraine.

I agree.

Where were we all when this deal went down?   I get the feeling most of us were adults at the time.    Why we were we not complaining then?   I have only vague memories of the Ukrainian aspects of the fall of the Soviet Union, but I seem to remember thinking that destroying nuclear armaments and their means of delivery was a fine idea at the time.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Would love to see this in Moscow ..

Agreed fully. The russkies have really screwed up if they draw Poland into the war. With what the russians have done to the poles in the past, the poles just want to make a big hole where russia is.

This is getting interesting lol.

Of course our incompetent leader has left kanada with only 3 days of ammunition when the war spreads. Some of you will realize how pathetic that is when the next phase opens up I think. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1