The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

What a life ..

The price of eggs in russia has gone up so high, the owners of the largest egg plant in russia were almost shot in an attack in the last couple days. Google it.

Hence the gift I suppose.

Lovely country.

Edited by Mac
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Joe King said:

I wonder how Clinton and the others involved sleep at night,knowing so many innocent people have lost their homes and lives because of this. Shameful 

the ones that brokered this deal should be harassing the U.S. government and all of those countries from Europe that were involved.

Although they are out of politics now,.

they too have a Free Voice in their own Free Countries.

More needs to happen.  Quickly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mac said:

Agreed fully. The russkies have really screwed up if they draw Poland into the war. With what the russians have done to the poles in the past, the poles just want to make a big hole where russia is.

This is getting interesting lol.

Of course our incompetent leader has left kanada with only 3 days of ammunition when the war spreads. Some of you will realize how pathetic that is when the next phase opens up I think. 

What exactly is the next phase?

Our leader doesn't call the shots.  We're not America he has no power over parliament and is just a figurehead.

Knowing how our government and armed services as well as defense agreements work before making statements like these is a good way to ensure you don't look foolish

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gurn said:

The money would have been better spent on hospitals and schools, as noted-but the numbers appear way out of wack.

Seems to work out to $10 mill for a school or $60 mill for a hospital?

4 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Russia has much lower wages so that money would go 2 or 3 times as far as it would here. Even still, that would be a pretty small school or hospital. Especially on the hospital side as much of the medical equipment would have to be imported and the purchasing power advantage is lost. But maybe just the building and no equipment could be done for $60 mil US?

Here $10 million could build about a 40,000 square foot school, which isn't huge, but as you say costs would likely be lower there; it might build a 100,000 sq ft, school which is a reasonable size.

Hospital would be close to triple the cost/sf, so maybe $30 million for a 100,000 sq ft building and $30 million for some equipment? Not a VGH, but a modest hospital for a town/area that needs one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Joe King said:

I wonder how Clinton and the others involved sleep at night,knowing so many innocent people have lost their homes and lives because of this. Shameful 

Back then leaving nuclear weapons in the hands of poor and corrupt nations like Kazakhstan, Ukraine etc was considered a bad idea. The most expensive part of nuclear weapons arsenal is annual maintenance and upkeep. Ukraine had no money for that, not even smaller arsenal. Even Russia’s military in the 90’s was in complete disarray, rotting away and being abandoned or sold to war zones across the globe.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Back then leaving nuclear weapons in the hands of poor and corrupt nations like Kazakhstan, Ukraine etc was considered a bad idea. The most expensive part of nuclear weapons arsenal is annual maintenance and upkeep. Ukraine had no money for that, not even smaller arsenal. Even Russia’s military in the 90’s was in complete disarray, rooting away and being abandoned or sold to war zones across the globe.

I guess there are a lot of things like that I didn't realize. Thank you for helping me understand that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

I guess there are a lot of things like that I didn't realize. Thank you for helping me understand that. 

Joe,   there are many things that all of us here are learning throughout this event.

I include myself in that.

Its unfortunate how a War can throw open the blinds on World affairs and help us understand just how corrupt power can be.

I am just appalled at the sense of life being worthless,  and needing a King or Dictator to serve in order to have a life.

Putin IS an entity of Evil.

No less than Hitler himself,  possibly more.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

This should shut down RuZ’s mouths and representatives.

It should send them home.

It should send ALL of their citizens and diplomats  home to fight for their own freedoms,  in their own country, and stop living and hiding amongst our freedoms.

They have not won this Right .

Russia requested the UN podium for the umpteenth time and requested the Czech permanent representative to be present "to explain his country’s supplies of weapons, which are used to kill Russian civilians"

"We have requested a meeting of the Security Council on Belgorod for 15.00 New York time (2000 GMT) today, 30 December," Moscow's deputy permanent representative to the UN Dmitry Polyansky said.

Czech Foreign Minister Jan Lipavsky said responded: 

“We refuse to be summoned anywhere by Russia. Czechia will not serve the lie-poisoned propaganda of the aggressor. When Russia wants to discuss the withdrawal of its occupying troops at the Security Council, we will be happy to come.”

Russia said that two Vilkha missiles and Czech-made rockets were used in the attack.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Counter point- all that ammunition was used to whittle down the Russian military, and it didn't cost a single Canadian soldier-other than those that volunteered

Counter-Counter point - Canada has no ammo for their military. Pathetic by any standard on the planet.

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Cannibals , all of them.

We are fools to let them into anything “western”  without begging .

Another thing I did not fully understand a few years ago. The west needs to ban:

- the wef

- the un

- the who

- the imf

All corrupt and all are following schwab's plan. It is bizarre and hard to believe but that is where we are. How does a psycho like schwab get this unelected power? Idiot rich children like the turdeau...he is literally so stupid he thinks schwab is his messiah.

The wef wrote about a very large upcoming hack to the grid they have planned. Feel free to spend 10 minutes and google it if you really do have an interest. It will hapepn soon.

Will be interesting if that "conspiracy" works out as close to the conspiracy written about pandemics like covid??!! 

I think it will.

Stock up and be ready for this. Gonna be another large event and targeted at western nations. 

23 minutes ago, Mac said:

Another thing I did not fully understand a few years ago. The west needs to ban:

- the wef

- the un

- the who

- the imf

All corrupt and all are following schwab's plan. It is bizarre and hard to believe but that is where we are. How does a psycho like schwab get this unelected power? Idiot rich children like the turdeau...he is literally so stupid he thinks schwab is his messiah.

The wef wrote about a very large upcoming hack to the grid they have planned. Feel free to spend 10 minutes and google it if you really do have an interest. It will hapepn soon.

Will be interesting if that "conspiracy" works out as close to the conspiracy written about pandemics like covid??!! 

I think it will.

Stock up and be ready for this. Gonna be another large event and targeted at western nations. 

All your posts make sense now.. you are one of “those” people 

• ThereItIs 1