The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, Rook said:

All your posts make sense now.. you are one of “those” people 

Lol. Yep. I noted most conspiracies I thought were wacko a few years ago have actually happened. 

I guess you are one of "those" people that don't see what is in front of you because you believe society is fair lol.  I love when far lefties try to call others conspiracy people seeing as most of those "predictions" have now come true. Believe what you want and so will I. Especially things I have witnessed like the carbon tax fraud and the covid fraud.

The saddest part of this whole world is more canadians don't educate themselves on what is happening. And that results in canada having the most corrupt government in power right now that this country has ever seen. Oh well lol. I will deal with what comes and so must you.

Edited by Mac
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mac said:

Counter-Counter point - Canada has no ammo for their military. Pathetic by any standard on the planet.

So who is attacking?- if it's Russia, then a bunch of them are already dead- and it didn't cost a single Canadian soldier's life- other than those that volunteered.

If it's the Us, then we, and nobody had a chance anyway.

P.s. If it Russia they have no way of moving enough of their soldiers across the Arctic to matter.

So why are you so worried, unless you are upset that we don't have enough ammo to invade somebody?

PS to the Ps- who said we only have 3 days of ammo left?

Edited by Gurn
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Gurn said:

So who is attacking?- if it's Russia, then a bunch of them are already dead- and it didn't cost a single Canadian soldier's life- other than those that volunteered.

If it's the Us, then we, and nobody had a chance anyway.

P.s. If it Russia they have no way of moving enough of their soldiers across the Arctic to matter.

So why are you so worried, unless you are upset that we don't have enough ammo to invade somebody?

PS to the Ps- who said we only have 3 days of ammo left?

The same voices that told them that Covid was a fraud 🤦‍♂️ can’t make this stuff up

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Mac said:

Counter-Counter point - Canada has no ammo for their military. Pathetic by any standard on the planet.

I think it was Sam who earlier said Canada at 40 million people was not big enough to have real influence in Ukraine. Sam does a great job on this thread but I cannot agree with him on this. Finland, Sweden, Denmark and the Baltics are examples of what can be done and their populations and economy are one hellva lot smaller. Canada is an absolute joke in military affairs. Consistently underspends treaty obligations. The current government has undermined the military at pretty much every opportunity. Armed forces are short 30,000 members and more are taking early retirement for lack of support and equipment. War in Ukraine is almost 2 years old and any escalation into NATO involvement would expose our troops in Latvia in a major way. Canada does not have the capacity to resupply those troops. Trudeau committed to building that force to brigade strength (+ 2000) which he knew full well at the time that Canada could not fulfill. He is a BS'er and I doubt he has much respect within the forces.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think it was Sam who earlier said Canada at 40 million people was not big enough to have real influence in Ukraine. Sam does a great job on this thread but I cannot agree with him on this. Finland, Sweden, Denmark and the Baltics are examples of what can be done and their populations and economy are one hellva lot smaller. Canada is an absolute joke in military affairs. Consistently underspends treaty obligations. The current government has undermined the military at pretty much every opportunity. Armed forces are short 30,000 members and more are taking early retirement for lack of support and equipment. War in Ukraine is almost 2 years old and any escalation into NATO involvement would expose our troops in Latvia in a major way. Canada does not have the capacity to resupply those troops. Trudeau committed to building that force to brigade strength (+ 2000) which he knew full well at the time that Canada could not fulfill. He is a BS'er and I doubt he has much respect within the forces.  

I get the sentiment, and we've certainly earned that reputation. But the CAF is actually starting to do a decent job of re-capitalizing its major platforms -for the Navy and Air Force, at least. I don't think we've ever had so many contracts signed with delivery dates set for new systems during peace time? I could be wrong on that, I haven't look year-by-year for our whole history, but certainly the most in recent memory.

The Air Force alone has ordered F35s, Reaper drones, Anti-submarine/long range patrol aircraft, new air to air refueling aircraft, and more modern missiles in the last couple of years. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

The Air Force alone has ordered F35s, Reaper drones, Anti-submarine/long range patrol aircraft, new air to air refueling aircraft, and more modern missiles in the last couple of years. 

Navy has 15 frigates about to be built, 3 just built Arctic patrol ships in the water, 2 already in service, with 3 or 4 more coming.

2 resupply ships-one almost complete in Vancouver shipyard- plus multiple coast guards being built.

They are short of personnel- but in today's world name a business/entity that isn't short of people.

There is a thread for Canadian military matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

my point in comparison was to realize although we have a massive land mass,  

our tax base of 40m citizens in Canada , dosent Compare to 400 m US or 750m EUR.

Does more attention need to be for us to develop something domestic as a Military Product ?,  yes.

Takes money,  but with only 40m citizens , it’s a disadvantage 

The Senator is privately made but regarded as a prize Personnel Carrier..

I think we have the people and the ingenuity in this Country to develop something substantial to this effort,  and have on the shelf as a safeguard of our own.

Drones .        The Arctic..    That’s our Future to protect.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

my point in comparison was to realize although we have a massive land mass,  

our tax base of 40m citizens in Canada , dosent Compare to 400 m US or 750m EUR.

Does more attention need to be for us to develop something domestic as a Military Product ?,  yes.

Takes money,  but with only 40m citizens , it’s a disadvantage 

The Senator is privately made but regarded as a prize Personnel Carrier..

I think we have the people and the ingenuity in this Country to develop something substantial to this effort,  and have on the shelf as a safeguard of our own.

Drones .        The Arctic..    That’s our Future to protect.

The biggest issue to building our own weapons / planes / drones etc., is that our big brother doesn't really like us doing that. The Avro Arrow is a prime example of what happens when we make anything far superior to what the Yanks have. I personally think that Diefenbaker was persuaded to cancel the project by our neighbor to the South. We lost a lot of really top notch engineers etc that no longer had jobs up here. My uncle was a prime example of that. Moved South and worked for Boeing and later on for NASA and the US military. He mentioned to me that there were a lot of Canadian scientist's working for NASA because we no longer had top notch jobs that required their expertise. Another top notch company located in BC  (FLIR integrated Systems) was bought out by Teledyne and is now Yankee owned. It was used by Turkey in their drones that they sent to Ukraine until Trudeau blocked any further sale of the equipment because it was also being used in drones against Armenia.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The biggest issue to building our own weapons / planes / drones etc., is that our big brother doesn't really like us doing that. The Avro Arrow is a prime example of what happens when we make anything far superior to what the Yanks have. I personally think that Diefenbaker was persuaded to cancel the project by our neighbor to the South. We lost a lot of really top notch engineers etc that no longer had jobs up here. My uncle was a prime example of that. Moved South and worked for Boeing and later on for NASA and the US military. He mentioned to me that there were a lot of Canadian scientist's working for NASA because we no longer had top notch jobs that required their expertise. Another top notch company located in BC  (FLIR integrated Systems) was bought out by Teledyne and is now Yankee owned. It was used by Turkey in their drones that they sent to Ukraine until Trudeau blocked any further sale of the equipment because it was also being used in drones against Armenia.

I view the Avro more in the context of the time. Hate to say it but the KGB had infiltrated Canada in a major way in the '50's. I question whether the Americans trusted the security of the Avro tech. Americans are big on national security and subcontracting that to Canadians was not going to happen. If the Americans weren't buying then who would? Most exports required vendor financing which the Americans do in a massive way so that the recipient countries are dependent on their resupply of parts and maintenance. I suspect the Americans had frank discussions with Dief and he saw the writing on the wall. To much money for Canada to go it alone. All this aside I have often wondered whether Dief could have struck a deal with the Americans to co=produce the Avro? I guess they realized they could get everything they wanted anyways by submarining the program. My final point being that it is not in the USA national interest to see a strong and independent Canada. Yes, the KGB are/were active in Canada but so is the CIA. Now we can add the Chinese and Iranians. 

My brother-in-law was involved with the Spar Aerospace space arm used on the Shuttles and space station. When the Canadian space industry was moved to Montreal many scientists refused to go and left for the USA instead. My brother-in-law stuck it out in Montreal for a few years and then quit and moved to Winnipeg and later to Ottawa.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1