The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I gotta be honest.  
The post at the bottom is bullshit. 
Basically saying that other countries will send their thoughts but not their help.  
Excuse me?

Ukraine would have been Russia last year if it wasn’t for those countries this guy is shit talking. 
BILLIONs of dollars……..

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I gotta be honest.  
The post at the bottom is bullshit. 
Basically saying that other countries will send their thoughts but not their help.  
Excuse me?

Ukraine would have been Russia last year if it wasn’t for those countries this guy is shit talking. 
BILLIONs of dollars……..

There is truth in what you say.   There is also truth in what he said.   All depends on your point of view I suppose.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

There is truth in what you say.   There is also truth in what he said.   All depends on your point of view I suppose.

Just seems like a dickhead comment.  
Id be perfectly happy to not send my tax dollars to help fund a war in another continent if they are gonna bitch about it. 

42 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just seems like a dickhead comment.  
Id be perfectly happy to not send my tax dollars to help fund a war in another continent if they are gonna bitch about it. 

I agree with Satchmo,  

yes it seems like an off the cuff comment to make,.   But if we were in Europe, on the same continent and closer to this war , and realized the potential of a win for RuZ and having them move in inches from European borders .

I would want to give the UKR everything.

Let Ruz get close,   And they take over by all means necessary..

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

and now for some russian news....... yes this is russian news for today, from VZ news

Thousands of residents of the Moscow region are sitting without heat and light for the second day - the prosecutor's office has begun an investigation

Residents of Khimki and Balashikha have been sitting without heating for more than a day - the temperature in their apartments is dropping every hour, locals write on social networks. Due to severe frosts, the pipes in the entrances burst; the only source of heating was a gas stove. In Solnechnogorsk, houses are freezing, there is ice and cracks on the windows, and the walls are covered with black mold.

In Klimovsk, about 20 thousand people have been waiting for electricity and heat for almost two days. It's only 10-12 degrees in houses now, people are posting pictures of frozen windows and doors. Some hung signs on their balconies that read “We’re freezing.” Residents began creating and signing petitions asking for a solution to the problem.

At night in Podolsk there was a breakthrough in the heating main of the local boiler house, people were left without light and heat in 20-degree frost. The accident was resolved this morning, but people have not yet been able to warm up.

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

interesting thoughts:

We are currently in a pre-stage of a world war. I compare it to the period between 1936-1939. The civil war in Spain is raging and it is unclear who will win, but Italy and Germany help Franco, while the West mainly stays silent. Same goes with Czechoslovakia and Austria, two sovereign nations which still are independent but on the verge to be annexed. Again the West does nothing. By the end of this pre-world war period the fascist regimes have achieved everything and with the Hitler-Stalin Pact the gates to WW2 are now fully open.

Russia, North Korea and Iran, as well as their minions such Hezbollah, Hamas, Assad-Syria and the Houthis in Yemen are currently moving against the free world. China is in my opinion currently more on the side-lines even when some Chinese hardware appears in Russian arsenal, but it is far from what it could be if China seriously goes in. China has its own plan and it does not include an existent Russia.

This might sound bleak but it doesn't have to be. There is still a chance to avert world war 3. The key to everything is Ukraine, and this is no hyperbole. When Russia fails in Ukraine, then the whole axis of the dictatorships will fall apart. Putin will be considered the greatest loser of Russian history, will be removed and Russia in its current form will end to exist. Regimes in countries like Belarus, Syria and Serbia will lose their puppetplayer and will end. The mullah regime will be extremely exposed and vulnerable, offering the freedom-loving people of Iran to finally overthrow their mullah regime. This in turn will cause a domino effect in the Middle-East, ending the most important ally of the Assad regime, Hezbollah and Hamas, and freeing Syria and Lebanon from their biggest curse.

It is up to us in the West if we want to avert WW3. Ukraine and her fight are directly connected to this question. Ukraine is the key between freedom for all of us or WW3 if Ukraine is abandoned. There is nothing in between. It cannot be overstated that this is the single-greatest decision of our times.

Sam I am hoping that western supporters of Ukraine are using this time to rebuild their military capacity and their manufacturing capacity. If Ukraine can get 100 F-16's it could make a big dif in this war. 

• Cheers 3

Makes you wonder if Kim is getting “jolly” over being involved in a War and wants to put on big boy boots ?

Could he / North Koreas involvement be the tipping point that spins war into a World  War ?

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sam I am hoping that western supporters of Ukraine are using this time to rebuild their military capacity and their manufacturing capacity. If Ukraine can get 100 F-16's it could make a big dif in this war. 

It's pretty clear to me that we need much more ammunition stockpiled than what has been tolerated.  JIT logistics don't work in wartime.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1