The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just seems like a dickhead comment.  
Id be perfectly happy to not send my tax dollars to help fund a war in another continent if they are gonna bitch about it. 

Support to Ukraine is roughly 5% of America's defense budget. 

People complain wherever there is govt. spending.  Until its them that loses their job over Covid. Needs support to not lose their home while the economy recovers.  Ukraine is like some getting Covid. Its an existential risk. The spread can still be stopped. Of course many were of the opinion, who cares, as long as I can go to the bar. 

Pretend a massive war articulates if Ukraine collapses. Then Russia, as they said they will, goes to reclaim, Poland, the Baltics, Romania & the splits of Czechoslovakia? Then imagine 2 of your 3 sons being drafted and sent to a war.  They come back dead because, perhaps, your view did not represent the most efficient way to deter a bigger war.

500,000 plus are dead. Its any US President's job to gauge how not to include Americans, safeguard their way of life in measuring risk.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, JIAHN said:

Just wondering here...............but I wonder what the cost would be if Russia wins and 30 million Ukrainians run from their country? IMO....that reeks of disaster!

You do realize that is an objective and reason why RuZ invaded?

That is an objective in most Wars.

The cost of that type of migration and change of world trade is probably 10 times more than what has been put into supporting UKraine.

Now that North Korea is supplying Long Range Ballistic missiles to RuZ.

it could happen ,  hopefully the U.S. GOP,

and Nato in general are looking at retaliation in the very least.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Support to Ukraine is roughly 5% of America's defense budget. 

People complain wherever there is govt. spending.  Until its them that loses their job over Covid. Needs support to not lose their home while the economy recovers.  Ukraine is like some getting Covid. Its an existential risk. The spread can still be stopped. Of course many were of the opinion, who cares, as long as I can go to the bar. 

Thing is, if American wanted to end the war they would have done it a long time ago.  
They quite easily could have supplied Ukraine everything they themselves would have used to defeat Russia right off the bat.  
Instead they spoon fed them, prolonging this bullshit.  
Also, why is it up to us/USA to fund this thing?   It should be Europe stopping this shit, right off the bat.  
Not saying we shouldn’t, I think we should all just end this this right away by just letting nato gear up and go at Russia.  If that means Canadian/American money/soldiers helping, we gotta do what we gotta do.  

Again, my only guff was about his guys comments.  
I’ve seen Zelenskyy do the same shit.  

Ask, beg, plead. Sure.
 Do what you gotta do, but taking some stab towards the countries who are helping you survive was a dumb comment.   That’s all.  

Also, I don’t know who the guy is.  
Could be a no one. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You do realize that is an objective and reason why RuZ invaded?

That is an objective in most Wars.

The cost of that type of migration and change of world trade is probably 10 times more than what has been put into supporting UKraine.

Now that North Korea is supplying Long Range Ballistic missiles to RuZ.

it could happen ,  hopefully the U.S. GOP,

and Nato in general are looking at retaliation in the very least.

Well, yes Sam I do realize that.....in fact, it is my subtle way to make the point. The destabilization would be catastrophic.......which is probably why China plays the game, as destabilized west does not work to their best interests .......IMHO

• Cheers 1

For those that think this war is expensive............

Aug 20, 2021 · Nearly 20 years of war, 10 days to fall: Afghanistan, by the numbers The United States has spent an estimated $2,261,000,000,000, or more than $2 trillion, on the war effort. 

Factor inflation, and I would imagine it is well over the 3 Trillion.......that is with a "T"

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

For those that think this war is expensive............

Aug 20, 2021 · Nearly 20 years of war, 10 days to fall: Afghanistan, by the numbers The United States has spent an estimated $2,261,000,000,000, or more than $2 trillion, on the war effort. 

Factor inflation, and I would imagine it is well over the 3 Trillion.......that is with a "T"

Yes, but that was their war….

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

And the Ukrainians are exterminating a far more dangerous enemy of the US for far cheaper.  It's a fantastic bargain.

Yeah, it's kinda like outsourcing a crappy job. Excellent value.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yes, but that was their war….

And Ukrainians (and how many other countries) fought in Americas bogus wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Was just reading about it a little earlier today

Edited by BarneyKook