2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Studnicka giving 110% in these practice scrimmages. Really standing out in terms of intensity and individual effort 

Sounds great, I read an article recently where he said he was going to bring it this year, so here's hoping. 

Doesn't appear Hogz is standing out for the right reasons so far, hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe he gets traded? If Hogz doesn't really impress, he'll go back to Abby. They might want to try and trade him instead. Give him a fresh start.

• Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER 67 said:

Sounds great, I read an article recently where he said he was going to bring it this year, so here's hoping. 

Doesn't appear Hogz is standing out for the right reasons so far, hopefully he can turn it around. Maybe he gets traded? If Hogz doesn't really impress, he'll go back to Abby. They might want to try and trade him instead. Give him a fresh start.

He just looked a little overwhelmed, but look he was paired with. Not an easy immediate fit, high expectation. 
He’ll be ok.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJC said:

He just looked a little overwhelmed, but look he was paired with. Not an easy immediate fit, high expectation. 
He’ll be ok.

I agree. He's got the right stuff, just needs the confidence, touches on the puck, and time to get on top of it.

Here's a bit more of what we all fell in love with

Like a wolverine in the corners!

• Cheers 2

A lot of the guys from the Young Stars tourney seem a bit tentative early on but it’s likely them just absorbing first day. Nobody really standing out just yet, except Tolopilo who’s looked very composed 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER 67 said:

Honestly, Hoglander has nothing left to prove in Abby. Gotta give him a shot in the pre-season to see if he figures it out, but if he can't make the club this year, I'd be down to trade him while his value is still decent. Failing to make this club makes him start to look a lot more like Shinkaruk than Higgins.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

McDonough looks a gear behind at this level to me, but that’s to be expected I think.

His skating always needed work. Another year in abby and offseason to focus on it and he could push next year. He's big and has good hands, skating will come, he's improved it alot since he started college.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, Hoglander has nothing left to prove in Abby. Gotta give him a shot in the pre-season to see if he figures it out, but if he can't make the club this year, I'd be down to trade him while his value is still decent. Failing to make this club makes him start to look a lot more like Shinkaruk than Higgins.

Totally Think that’s part of the concept in his scrimmage pairing too. Get him starting off with high level talent to set a precedent for where they want his game to be