2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

1 minute ago, Truefan99 said:

Just say it’s for social media and you’re a influencer with a massive following, you would appreciate to reenact the previous convo im sure he’d be slightly annoyed at that point which is what we want

Face Smile GIF

image.jpeg.d597ff4301f66a07783f1e1d2c7b053d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

your mama is so fat, she should probably start to watch her sugar intake because I'm generally concerned about this risk of type 2 diabetes. 

Leaning into the mean part.

I know you want to leave work so bad for autograph duty. 

27 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I just spoke with GM Allvin about CDC. He was not aware the site was being shut down and seemed a bit surprised by that. I explained the importance of it to the fan base, that many long time supporters of the franchise utilized it as their primary point of interaction with the club. I also explained that the official admins/mods were also long serving and due to the shutdown have taken it upon themselves to establish this private forum. He seemed impressed by that and the number of users.

He was very attentive. 
I then asked if, assuming liability is not an issue, himself or the team could potentially address the new forum and even endorse in some manner.

He explained that he’d need more information and that to submit communication through the Canucks PR team and he will review. 

At any rate, it’s been directly brought to his attention now.

On a serious note I would’ve asked the organizations reasoning for making a coaching change at a point where the season was lost already and ruining their chances at a generational talent. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

On a serious note I would’ve asked the organizations reasoning for making a coaching change at a point where the season was lost already and ruining their chances at a generational talent. 

I think that Bruce should have just played out the stretch.

The only two factors that might have sort of explained it but not really.

Toc was signed on the network until a certain date. The Canucks really thought he was the best option.

They also wanted Toc to bring in his staff and evaluate what the problems are. And get a head start on improving this season.

It still was a crappy way to go about it. If it was me I would have let Bruce play out the season, let Toc work in TV until the NHL season, maybe have a contract ready to go when he was finished with TV.

It did give Toc a 36 game head start. He did also get a 20 win 12 loss 4 OTL record with the same lineup that mostly Bruce had.

Does it suck we lost out on Bedard? Absolutely. But I think Willander is a damn good consulation prize.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not to be cruel but Garand's speed is really his only really good NHL asset. I'd say, use it all you can.  Second line maybe third. He has a decent shot but doesn't get to 

let it rip mush.  maybe Suter is a potential solution; At least to start the new campaign ..

He's got great hands and agility too IMO, but his hands can't quite keep up with his agility. Feels like he's 10% more hands and about 3 inches away from being McDavid sometimes.

• Cheers 4

Just now, A_G said:

A lot of media in attendance talking about how training camp feels much more focused this year.  Demko is explicitly said how good/important it was for the team to get together earlier this year.  That doesn’t happen if Tocc doesnt get the chance to coach last season.  

Excellent point 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Truefan99 said:

How many fans dismiss Tocchet's win percentage because of the week schedule. Boudreau would have had the same schedule. Are you implying that Boudreau would have lost better?

Edited by RWMc1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Juulsen is just a younger Schenn it’s really not much difference. Let’s not forget Schenn was almost out of the league when we traded for him.

Just need someone that can play simple and get Hughes the puck.

That being said I don’t see why they don’t try Soucy and Cole together considering they played a whole season together in Minnesota.

I don’t agree that you can put Hughes and Hronek together. Why not? See what he can do with a legit top 4 partner.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Cole

Irwin Myers

Good points, I wonder if Tocc wants to save the Hughes Hronek option as the first unit power play.