2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

3 hours ago, RWJC said:

Hate to say it but he hasn’t looked great. Quite a bit of bobbling, a couple bad giveaways, and seems to be struggling a bit. Reactionary too, appears to be frustrated with himself at times. 

I think he knows he's running out of chances. And he might be gripping the stick too much.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Yeah and to be fair to the players, I saw two guys with about 10 jerseys in hand each all wanting autographs. You know full well they were eBay/FB marketplace bound right after.

That, I do not appreciate. But there are passionate older fans (like me) that love the players and the sport. Nothing wrong with getting an autograph on your personal own jersey. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Thanks for all the updates, folks who were there today. Amazing.

Re: Miller, if I had to guess, some Canucks are probably coming in and out from Vancouver each day to attend and maybe he had a helijet or harbour plane to catch?

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Definitely no need to overblown anything, I think it was a completely reasonable response. But to clarify... the man with beautiful hair, and the man with the camo hat were standing down in the Zamboni lane watching group 1. Some fans got their attention and the hair walked over and started signing. The man in the camo hat stood away, and when fans tried to get his attention, he held up his hands and said no. They both continued to watch the game for a few minutes until the man with the hair signed some things. They stood for a bit longer and talked, then walked down the hall.

Allegedly.

I feel the need to clarify, so here was my response earlier.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Yeah and to be fair to the players, I saw two guys with about 10 jerseys in hand each all wanting autographs. You know full well they were eBay/FB marketplace bound right after.

Oh I saw them too. A little much! Funny, I always keep my collectibles in great shape so their value doesn't drop, but I am never selling them :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1

BTW, if anyone going to the training camp needs tips for getting autographs just message me and I can try to help. I'm not a pro but I've been to both Canucks training camps in Victoria now and I've noticed some tricks.

Edited by Roberts

Noted good guy, Dakota Joshua is one of the only Canucks who stuck around to sign autographs for fans.

-Faber on X'd

I'm sure there were a few fans who were disappointed today by many of the players. Some might have been trying to intently watch the other groups and not wanting to be interrupted. Some might have had stuff to get done and didn't want to hang around afterwards. I dunno, I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I did that with Bure once...he brushed past a group of kids who were waiting for his autograph after a practice at the coliseum. LOL...followed him to his car (one where the door went up) and told him he should really go back there and sign. He did. It was awesome.

And you were 100% right to do that. The true fans are the kids. They love the players and see them as superheroes. The players should always respect the kids. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I did that with Bure once...he brushed past a group of kids who were waiting for his autograph after a practice at the coliseum. LOL...followed him to his car (one where the door went up) and told him he should really go back there and sign. He did. It was awesome.

DMWB.

Don't Mess With Deb.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1