2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

2 hours ago, Roberts said:

This is a day I've been dreaming of! I met my hockey heroes Henrik and Daniel Sedin for the first time, and they signed my favorite jersey of all time! (Henrik Sedin 40th anniversary jersey). Mikael Samuelsson was also there and I asked him to sign it as well, he is a SUPER nice guy, very patient and caring. Great day!!!

IMG_5932.thumb.jpeg.60da5761670b6668adaeecd0f6eed2f2.jpeg

Oh yeah I forgot to say, I told Mikael Samuelsson he was one of the best players on the 2011 team, and in hilarious fashion he went "Mmmmmmmmm....." :classic_laugh: Great guy.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Thanks to all for the updates and everything! Leave JT alone! 

You need a grumpy focused SOB on any team, that's called

leadership! Between the pipes i'd make up little lies about things 

like a tap on the helmet from team we were playing against, whisper 

it into his ear and he'd go ape-poo, he might score a goal or two for us! 

It's a cerebral game to, you need meanies being mean if you want to win!

I love how the Goalies are divvied up. 

In group 1, Tolopilo and Ty Young are learning from Demko, who is one of the best of the best when he’s healthy, facing off against some of the best on the team. Group two has Silovs, DeSmith and Martin, which is essentially the battle for the backup job against guys who are fighting for spots on the team and in the top 6. In group 3 you have Sawchenko and Lemieux with a player group of AHL veterans, even tho they are in the ECHL this year. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I love how the Goalies are divvied up. 

In group 1, Tolopilo and Ty Young are learning from Demko, who is one of the best of the best when he’s healthy, facing off against some of the best on the team. Group two has Silovs, DeSmith and Martin, which is essentially the battle for the backup job against guys who are fighting for spots on the team and in the top 6. In group 3 you have Sawchenko and Lemieux with a player group of AHL veterans, even tho they are in the ECHL this year. 

Feeling a bit TERRITORIAL all of a sudden

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

It was

cole-Hronek

Brisebois-Myers

Wolanin-Woo

Mynio-Brz

I said this many months ago:

Hughes - Juulsen

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

This a big d group with two guys who can put up a lot of points, which should theoretically help the other guys put up a little more than usual for them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I said this many months ago:

Hughes - Juulsen

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

This a big d group with two guys who can put up a lot of points, which should theoretically help the other guys put up a little more than usual for them.

The thing I like about this configuration (whether it’s Soucy or Cole with Hronek) is you can always just toss Hughes-Hronek together when you need a boost.

(Assuming they have good chemistry that is.) 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, The Duke said:

The thing I like about this configuration (whether it’s Soucy or Cole with Hronek) is you can always just toss Hughes-Hronek together when you need a boost.

(Assuming they have good chemistry that is.) 

Totally. Need a goal? Boom. Need to slow the game down to close out a win? Boom. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Petey clearly agitated by the repetitive nature of the questions regarding his contract. Like what are these reporters expecting him to say? Nice way to shut them down. It might be a reason he chooses to leave this team tbh. 

Ben Kuzma is the worst. What kind of question is: "Were you able to be entirely happy for him, or were you disappointed at all?" And then he follows it up with: "Are you happy to have an A?" 

dazed and confused stoner GIF