2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

unfortunately not. I work 8am-8pm today. Thought about checking it on on my lunch break, but decided arena popcorn wasn't an adequate lunch.

Once a slacker always a slacker 

angry family guy GIF

39 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Anything anyone want me to pass along to the boss…?

IMG_8909.jpeg

family guy fart GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Studnicka notably getting a look at center

The 6'6 Arliksson is also on that line. He's in group C?

I thought they were at the Esquimalt arena. Did he get brought up? Or is C kinda overflow for the whole training camp?

Would be nice to have him develop into a solid player for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Juulsen is just a younger Schenn it’s really not much difference. Let’s not forget Schenn was almost out of the league when we traded for him.

Just need someone that can play simple and get Hughes the puck.

That being said I don’t see why they don’t try Soucy and Cole together considering they played a whole season together in Minnesota.

I don’t agree that you can put Hughes and Hronek together. Why not? See what he can do with a legit top 4 partner.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Cole

Irwin Myers

Hughes and Hronek are both PMD's, and each player can carry a pairing, that's why it's unlikely you'll see them as a regular pairing.

If the Canucks are down a goal,late in the game. I could se RT utilizing them as a pairing.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

The 6'6 Arliksson is also on that line. He's in group C?

I thought they were at the Esquimalt arena. Did he get brought up? Or is C kinda overflow for the whole training camp?

Would be nice to have him develop into a solid player for us!

He's a giant kid. We don't need to rush him. But I think he's eventually going to be a beauty and a nice stealth draft pick

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ManbeastMARK said:

Big thanks to everyone providing updates throughout camp. Especially appreciate @RWJC for actually speaking to Allvin about the forum closure.

Everyone except @MeanSeanBean because his only contribution to camp updates has been that maybe Miller, maybe not Miller wasn't signing autographs in the midst of studying the game of hockey.

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

Just now, ManbeastMARK said:

Big thanks to everyone providing updates throughout camp. Especially appreciate @RWJC for actually speaking to Allvin about the forum closure.

Everyone except @MeanSeanBean because his only contribution to camp updates has been that maybe Miller, maybe not Miller wasn't signing autographs in the midst of studying the game of hockey.

3 mentions. Everyone else has moved on and you just can't help yourself eh? Why don't you focus on contributing to a conversation instead of this weird obsession with little old me? I'd be flattered, if it wasn't so weird.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

3 mentions. Everyone else has moved on and you just can't help yourself eh? Why don't you focus on contributing to a conversation instead of this weird obsession with little old me? I'd be flattered, if it wasn't so weird.

Just embrace the “Mean” Sean Bean, hah

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Truefan99 said:

@RWJC video of your chat with PA or it never happened, and include subtitles for those of us with hearing aids

Hah I already posted a pic of me sitting next to him. I wanted to record the convo but thought it disrespectful. Will pursue the proper channels.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Hah I already posted a pic of me sitting next to him. I wanted to record the convo but thought it disrespectful. Will pursue the proper channels.

Agree that recording it would've not only been a bit disrespectful, but you likely would not have had the same kind of convo had Allvin been aware of you recording.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Just say it’s for social media and you’re a influencer with a massive following, you would appreciate to reenact the previous convo im sure he’d be slightly annoyed at that point which is what we want

Face Smile GIF

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I just spoke with GM Allvin about CDC. He was not aware the site was being shut down and seemed a bit surprised by that. I explained the importance of it to the fan base, that many long time supporters of the franchise utilized it as their primary point of interaction with the club. I also explained that the official admins/mods were also long serving and due to the shutdown have taken it upon themselves to establish this private forum. He seemed impressed by that and the number of users.

He was very attentive. 
I then asked if, assuming liability is not an issue, himself or the team could potentially address the new forum and even endorse in some manner.

He explained that he’d need more information and that to submit communication through the Canucks PR team and he will review. 

At any rate, it’s been directly brought to his attention now.

What Are You Talking About Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Just give him your phone already, stop being difficult. 😏

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1