2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bains, Raty, Hirose I'm surprised about. But they could use lots of ice time in Abby to improve. And will probably get call ups sooner rather than later.

I'm concerned about Podz, and Klim, and to a lesser extent Silovs. They didn't seem to take that next step at training camp.

One of the nice things is, we at least are going to have depth at the AHL level, so if there are injuries, we should be better equipped to handle them.

Stay hungry guys.

Why would you be concerned about Silovs? He was always going down to the AHL. No one should have expected him to make the team.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Surprised Irwin got sent down. 1 more D and Silovs all that is left to be cut. 

same I thought he would have stayed on as a #7.

McWard took some bad penalties last night - I don’t think he is ready and can benefit from being sent down.

I thought Wolanin looked good against Edmonton - I didn’t see the Seattle game but heard he made some errors. That said he did have over 20 minutes of ice time time.

Just now, Rusty Shackleford said:

4 dmen left with 3 spots remaining.  Hard to say what to do with McWard, he looks better every game but we also don't want him playing the #7 role instead of top minutes for Abby.  

Agreed. Seems like McWard either sticks with Hughes or is sent to Abby until injuries strike.

I wonder which of Juulsen, Brisebois, and Wolanin are still competing for jobs, and which are being protected from waivers (to be sent down after most teams have finalized their roster).

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Juulsen has done nothing during the preseason to stick with the club. You have to earn your spot.

Since when? Waivers has always played a big implication in who stays and who goes.

Edited by 27 Percent

Final D spot seems to be down to Wolanin vs Brisebois.

Niether has been particularly great this pre-season. Brisebois is supposed to be the more reliable guy but he struggled in some games. Wolanin brings more to the table but is prone to glaring defensive mistakes.

I've also not been super impressed with Juulsen either, tho being RH maybe earns him his spot.

• Upvote 1