Cole McWard
Tyler Myers
Carson Soucy
Christian Wolanin

Goaltenders (2)
Thatcher Demko
Casey DeSmith

I’m gonna guess we send two D down.

Since Tocchett seems to like having lefty and righty options Im gonna assume it will be McWard and Wolanin sent down leaving Brisebois with Myers and Juulsen as the extra.

No good having McWard sit in the pressbox and I don’t think Wolanin has shown enough. Plus is less likely to be claimed.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Woo and Rathbone waived 

I’m curious is someone will take a chance. I doubt it as they have their own versions I’m sure, but it will be interesting 

A wakeup (as well) if they get unclaimed, that our depth has improved and they need to work on what is asked of them to benefit the team 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hmm makes sense he didn't see another game after the CGY game. I wonder if youngstars tournament wore him out and had nothing to give in training camp and preseason.

An NHL season is a lot longer than weekend exhibition tournament. If that wiped him out he's clearly not in good enough shape for the NHL.

Not worried about losing guys that don’t show up in shape and determined to earn spots anymore.

Whats the point in having depth if it’s depth that can’t help you?

Still have hope for Woo to be a role player, but it’s hard to not think he represents yet another underwhelming 2nd round pick.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Forwards (14)
Nils Åman
Anthony Beauvillier
Teddy Blueger
Brock Boeser
Phil Di Giuseppe
Conor Garland
Nils Höglander
Dakota Joshua
Andrei Kuzmenko
Ilya Mikheyev
J.T. Miller
Elias Pettersson
Jack Studnicka
Pius Suter

Defence (9)
Guillaume Brisebois
Ian Cole
Filip Hronek
Quinn Hughes
Noah Juulsen
Cole McWard
Tyler Myers
Carson Soucy
Christian Wolanin

Goaltenders (2)
Thatcher Demko
Casey DeSmith

Technically Silvos is still with the team but obviously he will go down during the final cut

40 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Forwards (14)
Nils Åman
Anthony Beauvillier
Teddy Blueger
Brock Boeser
Phil Di Giuseppe
Conor Garland
Nils Höglander
Dakota Joshua
Andrei Kuzmenko
Ilya Mikheyev
J.T. Miller
Elias Pettersson
Jack Studnicka
Pius Suter

Defence (9)
Guillaume Brisebois
Ian Cole
Filip Hronek
Quinn Hughes
Noah Juulsen
Cole McWard
Tyler Myers
Carson Soucy
Christian Wolanin

Goaltenders (2)
Thatcher Demko
Casey DeSmith

Still 10 days until first game of the season. Love the timing this year, team is set for the most part with enough time to work on the system, PP, PK, etc. 

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Forwards (14)
Nils Åman
Anthony Beauvillier
Teddy Blueger
Brock Boeser
Phil Di Giuseppe
Conor Garland
Nils Höglander
Dakota Joshua
Andrei Kuzmenko
Ilya Mikheyev
J.T. Miller
Elias Pettersson
Jack Studnicka
Pius Suter

Defence (9)
Guillaume Brisebois
Ian Cole
Filip Hronek
Quinn Hughes
Noah Juulsen
Cole McWard
Tyler Myers
Carson Soucy
Christian Wolanin

Goaltenders (2)
Thatcher Demko
Casey DeSmith

I'm a bit surprised that Joshua made the cut, yes really surprised. I'd have given Bains, or Raty a longer look. However, I like the idea of not having way too many bodies around. Better to work with a smaller group to get ready.

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not worried about losing guys that don’t show up in shape and determined to earn spots anymore.

Whats the point in having depth if it’s depth that can’t help you?

Still have hope for Woo to be a role player, but it’s hard to not think he represents yet another underwhelming 2nd round pick.

If he doesn’t put it together, I wonder if they’ll revisit Woo as a checking winger.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I'm a bit surprised that Joshua made the cut, yes really surprised. I'd have given Bains, or Raty a longer look. However, I like the idea of not having way too many bodies around. Better to work with a smaller group to get ready.

I was really disappointed that he didn't step up during that blow out (Joshua) of course

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McWard looks like the much needed Hughes partner for 5 on 5 play. Great college free agent signing by our management. Makes up for the Benning miss with Woo. 

Woo still has promise. He was finding his way last year in the AHL. Hopefully, he’s not claimed and one more year in Abby building on last year and he should be ready to compete for a spot. 

Rathbone needs to learn to play D if he’s ever going to make it. Hopefully, he stays healthy and improves in Abby. I think he’s only got one more shot with us if not. 

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McWard looks like the much needed Hughes partner for 5 on 5 play. Great college free agent signing by our management. Makes up for the Benning miss with Woo. 

I agree, but Juulsen has much-needed size and more NHL experience. I think McWard needs an extra year in Abby. 

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I agree, but Juulsen has much-needed size and more NHL experience. I think McWard needs an extra year in Abby. 

Could be. But McWard is a better skater, passer, and thinker than Juulsson. Hughes appears to trust McWard, which is why he was attacking so much with puck on stick at 5 on 5. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

...McWard is a better skater, passer, and thinker than Juulsson. Hughes appears to trust McWard, which is why he was attacking so much with puck on stick at 5 on 5. 

Could certainly be a bit of that even or a lot. Or it could be Hughes just trying it out more because it's the preseason and the games don't matter that much? Free reign to take risks.

Either way I think you're right. McWard seems to be the front runner. Even with the 3 penalties he took last night, would probably be a reach for anyone to say Brisebois or Juulsen are above him at this point given what we've seen. (If coaches are seeing the same of course.)

But I still wonder if Tocchet and Foote give those two a chance with Hughes over the next two games here? Wouldn't be surprised. Also wouldn't be surprised if its McWard to the end of preseason and the job is already his. Who knows, eh.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Like 1