2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

I see that the Canucks did make some additional last minutes changes, papering guys up and down. As I noted before, I assume they are trying to maximize LTIR space and will likely make some additional changes once the LTIR space is set.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, TheBrockStar said:

Podz is only up as a paper transaction so that his bonus doesn’t go on next years cap I believe. He’ll be sent back down later this week.

Do players actually have to go anywhere during these transactions or because Abby is so close they can just stay there?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Do players actually have to go anywhere during these transactions or because Abby is so close they can just stay there?

I don’t think the players actually went anywhere (in paper transactions for cap reasons) when we had our farm team back east did they? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

One more note. I see that Podz is on the roster. They might be doing this just to help him financially. With a new child, his AHL salary of of 70K won't go that far, even in Abby. If he is on the Vancouver roster for the opening game, that is worth about an extra 10K, which makes a big difference and probably covers his rent in Abby for a few months. And I note that he did get part of his signing bonus this past summer (92.5K) so he will be alright financially. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think the players actually went anywhere (in paper transactions for cap reasons) when we had our farm team back east did they? 

Yes, I am sure that all recent transactions are just paper transactions. And we might see a few more before the team leaves on if first road trip of the season.

• ThereItIs 1

hm....well i guess Pods is there for the escape of bonuspayouts and Aman and pods will switch soon....hopefullly soucy will be back sooner rather then later. Concerning Lafferty..where does he fit in and who does he send down? wingers werent exactly our main concern but i guess its a good oportunity. tradebait?

Just now, J-23 said:

Did Aman get sent down?

Papered down and Pods papered up so the club can maximize LTIR. some posters have pointed it out. I don’t understand the whole cap thing but it is likely waists going on. So Aman will be in the opening night lineup and Pods will be back in Abby. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Papered down and Pods papered up so the club can maximize LTIR. some posters have pointed it out. I don’t understand the whole cap thing but it is likely waists going on. So Aman will be in the opening night lineup and Pods will be back in Abby. 

Good. Deserves to be on the opening night roster. Fits well with Blueger, and was decent defensively in pre season. Looks like Aman, Hoglander and Joshua will be playing for that final line spot this season when the the team is fully healthy. Right now I think Aman has earned it.

• Like 1