2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Good. Deserves to be on the opening night roster. Fits well with Blueger, and was decent defensively in pre season. Looks like Aman, Hoglander and Joshua will be playing for that final line spot this season when the the team is fully healthy. Right now I think Aman has earned it.

I wonder what our bottom six will be?

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder what our bottom six will be?

Healthy Roster:

Beauvillier - Suter - Garland

Aman/Joshua/Hoglander - Blueger - Lafferty

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was at the gate waiting for my son and his gf for the game on Friday night wearing my Canucks Bertuzzi jersey and an attendant says “ nice jersey, he scored a nice goal in Toronto last night.”  I replied, “ wow that’s cool, did he come out of retirement? “. She gave me a look like I was a complete idiot and should know better. I wanted to correct her but just smiled and went about my merry way. But for the love of god. You are working a Canucks game and should know better. Lol 

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Was at the gate waiting for my son and his gf for the game on Friday night wearing my Canucks Bertuzzi jersey and an attendant says “ nice jersey, he scored a nice goal in Toronto last night.”  I replied, “ wow that’s cool, did he come out of retirement? “. She gave me a look like I was a complete idiot and should know better. I wanted to correct her but just smiled and went about my merry way. But for the love of god. You are working a Canucks game and should know better. Lol 

Any chance that was somewhat of a joke referring to Tyler Bertuzzi?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So if Soucy & Brisebois are out, who's the other D gunna be? Maybe send down Podz & recall Hirose??

Beauvillier - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose - Juulsen

Well I don’t think that second pair can or should handle 25 minutes so I guess our first pair is gonna have to play 30, the second pair 18, and the fourth pair 12.

And that therein lies the issue. We can’t be having our top pair play that many minutes a night but our chances of winning drop if they don’t. 

We need a bottom pair that can play 15-17 minutes if we wanna have sustainable success over the course of 82.

Edited by DeNiro

On 9/17/2023 at 3:30 PM, Slegr said:

A thread for discussion during Training Camp.

Training Camp: Who remains?  See roster below
Just Do It Running GIF by Rocky

Vancouver Canucks Reaction GIF by NHL

Remaining roster for the 2023-24 season
#, Player, Position
FORWARDS

DEFENCE

GOALIES

CUTS

hockey GIF

Exhibition Schedule: 

Date

Against 

Time PST

TV Station

Sun, 9/24

at Calgary

5:00 PM

SN

Wed, 9/27

at Edmonton

6:00 PM

SN1

Thu, 9/28

at Seattle

7:00 PM

SN1

Sat, 9/30

Edmonton

6:00 PM

SN1

Wed, 10/4

Seattle

Fri, 10/6

Calgary

Thanks for making this and maintaining it all along the way, fantastic job and we all appreciate the effort. Took me back 15 years ago when I was making em!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

She was definitely talking about Tyler Bertuzzi in TOR lol

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well I don’t think that second pair can or should handle 25 minutes so I guess our first pair is gonna have to play 30, the second pair 18, and the fourth pair 12.

And that therein lies the issue. We can’t be having our top pair play that many minutes a night but our chances of winning drop if they don’t. 

We need a bottom pair that can play 15-17 minutes if we wanna have sustainable success over the course of 82.

I could see the pairings roll / situational deployment  

Hughes-Juulsen 

Cole-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Myers

Hirose-Juulsen (sheltered)

my problem with the 6 Dmen with HIROSE in is who are the pkers? 

whereas when we have Soucy the PK Units a blend of these four look a lot stronger 

PK1: Cole-Hronek

PK2: Soucy-Myers

Edited by R3aL

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Hughes-Juulsen 

Cole-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Myers

whereas when we have Soucy the PK Units a blend of these four look a lot stronger 

Still hope trade in the work

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

Hughes-Juulsen 

Cole-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Myers

It would be nice if Irwin was back in the mix. He may not be the quickest but I would rather have him on our top 6 and replace one of Juulsen/ Hirose to stabilize our defense. He was signed basically to fill in for injuries and here we are, plus he plays both sides. If any of our younger D really impressed in camp I may understand it but that didn't happen.

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose- Irwin

or 

Hughes - Juulsen

Cole- Hronek

Irwin - Myers

Is anybody else enjoying the underdog status that we've inherited? Nobody believes in us, and instead of arguing with everyone for once, I'm just so ecstatic for the players to prove everyone wrong, including a fair amount of people on these very forums. Puck don't lie and on paper we've got tons to look forward to this year!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nucklifer said:

It would be nice if Irwin was back in the mix. He may not be the quickest but I would rather have him on our top 6 and replace one of Juulsen/ Hirose to stabilize our defense. He was signed basically to fill in for injuries and here we are, plus he plays both sides. If any of our younger D really impressed in camp I may understand it but that didn't happen.

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose- Irwin

or 

Hughes - Juulsen

Cole- Hronek

Irwin - Myers

problem is when Irwin skates with Juulsen no one can move the puck out like 

Hirose/Hronek/Hughes even Myers

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic