2023-24 Training Camp Thread

Slegr

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Cole-Hronek works and Brisebois-Myers is the bottom pair I wonder if we’ll see Soucy with Hughes at some point.

Would be a younger better skating Schenn.

I wonder if they ended up with 

Hughes-Juulsen

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Then dump Myers and replace him with McWard and sign Bear mid Nov.

I'm high on McWard

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It's not reasonable to read into the pairings too much at this point, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Beau does not strike me as a guy who can play 4th line minutes with Blueger. Maybe he surprises me though.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'd be extremely concerned with Juulsen playing top pairing minutes. He's a 7D at best IMO, and probably better suited for Abbotsford.

Hard to say, he was a high end draft pick but his development was really stunted by injuries. He had a pretty solid year in Abbotsford last year and he hasn't had a lot of uninterrupted years since he turned pro. If he can build on that and develop some consistency, his underlying skill that made him a first round pick, might start to show up more consistently.  Here's hoping at least...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hard to say, he was a high end draft pick but his development was really stunted by injuries. He had a pretty solid year in Abbotsford last year and he hasn't had a lot of uninterrupted years since he turned pro. If he can build on that and develop some consistency, his underlying skill that made him a first round pick, might start to show up more consistently.  Here's hoping at least...

He did have a decent year, but I would put Woo above him and I'm not even sold on Woo making the team ahead of guys like Wolanin and Hirose.

• Cheers 1