[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks Army has an article on a possible Eriksson Ek trade, and suggested:

m4k1rj9.png

No way I would want this to happen, but I could see why Minny would.

That's called going all in and slamming any future window shut.  Would never happen from the Canucks perspective.  It's such a huge overpayment that Minny would go for it without hesitation.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

If islanders keep falling I wonder if a guy like Nelson would become available? They are nearly capped out next season with a couple rfas to sign still, not sure how it would work but islanders need some drastic change and we are comfortable trading with each other as we both think we won that trade 

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

Holy that's an awful overpayment. He's having a career year but he's not worth all of that.  I'd agree with you that Minny would love that offer.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's called going all in and slamming any future window shut.  Would never happen from the Canucks perspective.  It's such a huge overpayment that Minny would go for it without hesitation.

If we were gonna give up that much, I'd expect Sidney Crosby in return. Even then... not sure.

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

If we were gonna give up that much, I'd expect Sidney Crosby in return. Even then... not sure.

I wouldn't... Crosby doesn't have enough years left to make it worthwhile to give up that much futures...

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

Oof that's stiff but not as far off as some would think. With that being said, if you were to remove Willander from this deal and add something else with less value maybe like D-Petey and us also receiving a few later round picks back I would do it.  

Edited by Wiggums

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Oof that's stiff but not as far off as some would think. With that being said, if you were to remove Willander from this deal and add something else with less value maybe like D-Petey I would do it.  

Glad you aren't our GM. We traded a much better player and center for a lesser return. 

For Ek I'd offer Kuzmenko, Raty and a 2nd.  Even that feels like an overpayment to me.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

I'm not even sure @Alflives goes for this one, what do the empties say?? 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

Glad you aren't our GM. We traded a much better player and center for a lesser return. 

For Ek I'd offer Kuzmenko, Raty and a 2nd.  Even that feels like an overpayment to me.

He's almost equal to Bo as player, younger and on a better contract for awhile plus Hartman is the type of guy you win with in the playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Oof that's stiff but not as far off as some would think. With that being said, if you were to remove Willander from this deal and add something else with less value maybe like D-Petey and us also receiving a few later round picks back I would do it.  

This is the most I would go for Eriksson Ek. He's never scored more than 26 goals, maybe he gets a bit more this year. He's also a left-hand shot, not ideal.

To MIN:

Kuzmenko

Podkolzin

Brzustewicz

4th (2024) - NJ's

To VAN

Eriksson Ek

* this way the Canucks keep Lekkerimaki, Willander and the 1sts.  MIN still gets two high-end prospects and an NHL player who scored 39 goals last year. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

There is no chance we mortgage our entire future for Eriksson-Ek and Hartman lmao.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

This is the most I would go for Eriksson Ek. He's never scored more than 26 goals, maybe he gets a bit more this year. He's also a left-hand shot, not ideal.

To MIN:

Kuzmenko

Podkolzin

Brzustewicz

4th (2024) - NJ's

To VAN

Eriksson Ek

* this way the Canucks keep Lekkerimaki, Willander and the 1sts.  MIN still gets two high-end prospects and an NHL player who scored 39 goals last year. 

Kuzmenkos value is hard to judge right now but despite his good year last year he has got to be negative value at this point, no?  Podkolzin probably trending towards no more than a 3rd liner and Hunter probably sits at 2nd rounder value.  It's just not enough for Joel Ek

41 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

Lol, that's the stupidest thing I've read today.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

🤢 (for us)

50 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

Just don't see Eriksson Ek being available. Good young C under team control for many more years with decent AAV. If I was MIN and even entertaining the idea of trading him, then sure, this would be my ask. The Canucks would be crazy to accept.

54 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

m4k1rj9.png

that's gross. 

why does anybody with a shred of intelligence read these clowns?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

He's almost equal to Bo as player, younger and on a better contract for awhile plus Hartman is the type of guy you win with in the playoffs.  

You do know how much bad player at that price BO is???????

12 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Id like to get Claud Giroux. He can still be a dominating force who Tocchet would love to have replace Kuzmenko. The guy plays the right way. Is a heck of a competitor and always in great shape. This team is already fast. His veteran leadership would really help this team. 

It could be a 1 for 1 trade

Pettersson Miller Boeser 

Mikheyev Suter Giroux  

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Aman Lafferty 

He'd be a great add, but it seems unlikely he'd want to leave Ottawa, he wanted to go home

Post-Florida he could have gone many places, to competitive teams even, he chose to go to a team that wasn't good at that point so I don't see why the status quo for the Sens this season would change that 

https://theathletic.com/3420245/2022/07/13/senators-claude-giroux-signing-free-agency-nhl/

seriously, the number of guys in the league that you give up that package for could be counted on two hands, maybe even one. 

even the most severely birth defected among us would easily run out of toes while counting down the list to get to eriksson ek. 

just an absurd proposal. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

We are 1st place, let's go all in and get the cup. Enough BS...Gotta give something to get.

I agree, this is the Canucks window and it could shut after this season. They'll lose character players in the off season, OEL cap hit kicks in, etc. Who knows what the team will look like next season after they back up the Brink's truck at the Pettersson household. Hronek, Zadorov, Joshua and DeSmith should also gets nice raises.

I don't think Eriksson Ek is the guy they'll get, because he's too expensive to acquire. JR/Allvin are smart people and they'll get a player that probably hasn't even been mentioned much, if at all. 

My guess is prospects like Lekkerimaki and Willander are cherished and will not be traded. These are Allvin's best draft picks so far, his prized possessions so to speak. He's not giving them away, they're the future of the team. 

• Upvote 1