[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

This is the most I would go for Eriksson Ek. He's never scored more than 26 goals, maybe he gets a bit more this year. He's also a left-hand shot, not ideal.

To MIN:

Kuzmenko

Podkolzin

Brzustewicz

4th (2024) - NJ's

To VAN

Eriksson Ek

* this way the Canucks keep Lekkerimaki, Willander and the 1sts.  MIN still gets two high-end prospects and an NHL player who scored 39 goals last year. 

You add a first round pick to that and I still don't think it's enough.

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

The structure of that deal doesn't work.  If the wild are trading Ek they need a center back which would need to be Raty and if they are getting Kuzmenko there would only need to be one of hoglander, lekkerimaki and willander.  Unless we are acquiring a top 4 d tough to imagine willander going anywhere

7 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You add a first round pick to that and I still don't think it's enough.

And take out hunter.  Think bo horvat.  He got a first and a third.  I'd take bo back over ek.  People are way over valuing this guy.  

Edited by ronning4center
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

If islanders keep falling I wonder if a guy like Nelson would become available? They are nearly capped out next season with a couple rfas to sign still, not sure how it would work but islanders need some drastic change and we are comfortable trading with each other as we both think we won that trade 

Yeah or Bo lol  his 8.5 doesn't seem that bad and on a good team I bet he's better.  Also insurance in case petey walks.  Would you do kuz and a 1st and 3rd for bo?  I probably would

Edited by ronning4center
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks Army has an article on a possible Eriksson Ek trade, and suggested:

m4k1rj9.png

No way I would want this to happen, but I could see why Minny would.

Sounds like bit of clickbait happening from the Canucks Army page in this case then. 

Hasn't management said a few times already that Lekkerimaki and Willander would be the untouchable prospects? I like Eriksson Ek, and he's a great player, but there's no chance we'd let go of our two top prospects+ Hoglander and a couple draft picks. Management has also be pretty good with finding good value on these trades, so this would be a Benning lite era type of trade to me 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Sounds like bit of clickbait happening from the Canucks Army page in this case then. 

Hasn't management said a few times already that Lekkerimaki and Willander would be the untouchable prospects? I like Eriksson Ek, and he's a great player, but there's no chance we'd let go of our two top prospects+ Hoglander and a couple draft picks. Management has also be pretty good with finding good value on these trades, so this would be a Benning lite era type of trade to me 🤣

That’s basically THREE FIRST ROUNDS. 

we trading for Gretzky here? Goodness. Ridiculous. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks Army has an article on a possible Eriksson Ek trade, and suggested:

m4k1rj9.png

No way I would want this to happen, but I could see why Minny would.

Basically 3 firsts (at least 2 of whom are looking like top players) + 2 2nd round picks (at least one is an NHL player + a 39 goal goalscorer and a 4th round pick....😂😂😂... Why not give them QH and Petey while we're at it....

Don't care how good EK is, but there are at least likely to be 3-4 good nhl players amongst those... and basically the future of team minus Petey and Hughes.... Doesn't sound like a good investment.

On the other hand, if we go all in and don't win in the next two seasons... It could be argued, if a quick rebuild should be considered. Selling QH +EP + Brock + Miller (or something like that) should be enough to give us a good starting point for a proper rebuild.

Don't see a future for this team with Petey and QH on it, if there are no quality ETC's to enter the line up, in the next 2-3 years...

I don't want this, but can see the reasons for going all in... 

• Haha 1

Lindholm would be a rental, so how expensive would he be to get? From what I understand, JR drafted Lindholm and wants him, and CGY wants Hoglander.

to CGY - Hoglander, Mikheyev and 2nd (2025)

to VAN - Lindholm

Underpayment?

Lindholm on a playoff team (2021/22) - 42 goals

Lindholm on a non-playoff team (2022/23) - 22 goals

...and he's on pace for 16 goals this year

I believe he would re-sign in VAN, because JR knows him well and would want to keep him here.

Maybe there's also another deal sending Kuzmenko+ to PIT for Guentzel. Kuzy and Malkin could be BFFs. 

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Suter - Lindholm - Guentzel

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Di Giuseppe - Aman - Lafferty

Karlsson

Edited by Nucker67

26 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Yeah or Bo lol  his 8.5 doesn't seem that bad and on a good team I bet he's better.  Also insurance in case petey walks.  Would you do kuz and a 1st and 3rd for bo?  I probably would

I think that ship has sailed. It would be awkward ti bring him back into that room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Lindholm would be a rental, so how expensive would he be to get? From what I understand, JR drafted Lindholm and wants him, and CGY wants Hoglander.

to VAN - Lindholm

Underpayment?

I believe he would re-sign in VAN, because JR knows him well and would want to keep him here.

Maybe there's also another deal sending Kuzmenko+ to PIT for Guentzel. Kuzy and Malkin could be BFFs. 

Pettersson - Miller - Boeer

Karlsson

Where is the cap to be able to keep Guentzel and Lindholm? Kuzmenko’s gotta go if we’re going to resign the depth pieces we need to remain competitive and also sign Petey and Hronek to long term deals. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

As it is right now one of garland and kuz needs to be removed to be sble to bring back our d for next year

Absolute most we can add before there are severe issues is 6.5 and thats if all the players besides petey take a deal knowing their numbers are part of the whole and not the individual and then petey gets 11.5

that is what is attractive about Eriksson EK, his cap hit is 5.25 and doesnt need a new contract until the 29-30 season, the same year we are free of the OEL buyout penalty

so trading

Kuz

Raty

24 first

25 first

25 second 

is the price to keep competitive with this roster. Its one big move that puts us over the top, keeps the window open longer and would allow us to inject youth over the next few years. There is a lot of value in the cap hit and only puts the roster in a position to be able to only have to drop Garland and the rest can stay

13 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

2012: Game 7 OT winner in round one vs. Florida; Game 6 OT winner that sent the Devils to the Stanley Cup final.

Yup.

Oh yeah damn. I just checked his stats and saw 4 goals those playoffs. But yeah for sure that’s deadly

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

How about we draft Jagr in Vancouver instead of LedHead? Loved Pat Quinn but missing on Jagr cost our club at least one cup. 

You know that Jagr told the other teams that he wouldn't come over to the NHL right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

to VAN - Lindholm

Underpayment?

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Karlsson

While I agree that Lindholm and Guentzel would instantly make our team better. I get the sense that management wouldn't be in on either of these players because of the cost to acquire, and the cost to re-sign.

Both players will likely look to cash in and I'm guessing they'd push for 7mil+ a year at least. Don't think we could even afford to resign one, and management likely knows that too.

• Cheers 1

My preference would be to get Henrique, Bertuzzi and Eberle.  Henrique can be that all-situations 2nd C (good on draws, can both score or set up, both PP and PK), Bertuzzi can be that sh*t-disturbing wrecking ball on the wing with a good shot, and Eberle's become more of a playmaker this year, though he can still score himself and often comes up clutch (he scored 0.8 points/ game last playoffs).  Seeing how both wingers are underachieving and pending UFAs, perhaps Allvin can buy low on them (swap out Kuzmenko + pick for Bertuzzi, trade Mikheyev for Eberle) and re-sign the fits on the team who would perform well in a Tocchet system.

24 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

My preference would be to get Henrique, Bertuzzi and Eberle.  Henrique can be that all-situations 2nd C (good on draws, can both score or set up, both PP and PK), Bertuzzi can be that sh*t-disturbing wrecking ball on the wing with a good shot, and Eberle's become more of a playmaker this year, though he can still score himself and often comes up clutch (he scored 0.8 points/ game last playoffs).  Seeing how both wingers are underachieving and pending UFAs, perhaps Allvin can buy low on them (swap out Kuzmenko + pick for Bertuzzi, trade Mikheyev for Eberle) and re-sign the fits on the team who would perform well in a Tocchet system.

If we really want to push for the cup, I feel like we'll need to bring in someone with more impact and who are a bit younger so we can add them to our core. With these 3 guys going into their mid 30's now, I wonder if there's a lower cost, similar style player, and on a cheaper contract/with a cheaper ask. 

My guess is our better trade assets would be utilized for the players with a higher ask with more impact!

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Where is the cap to be able to keep Guentzel and Lindholm? Kuzmenko’s gotta go if we’re going to resign the depth pieces we need to remain competitive and also sign Petey and Hronek to long term deals. 

This. We might be able to factor the cap of bringing in ONE good player (Especially if Kuz gets moved), but 2 players of that caliber will not likely happen. 

Now with Soucy out again, we have three areas of need:

1) 2nd line center

2) Top 6 winger if we move on from Kuzmenko.
3) Possibly 1 solid defenseman - preferably top 4. To me, this one is debatable. As much as we'd like to continue bolstering the D, the players in place right now have actually done a pretty darn good job. While missing Soucy will make it more difficult to continue wracking up these points, I think the team has enough padding that they can wait for him to return if need be.