[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 hours ago, Tofu_Bud said:

I think Greenway is a serious possibility 

For the right price, I’d offer Klimovich or Rathbone and a 3rd nothing more as I don’t think he is any better than what we have in Joshua.

like the player and his size but he doesn’t playe aggressive all the time either, can that change with Tocchet as the coach I’m not sure but 3m for a less effective Joshua wouldn’t be what we should be looking to add

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Also probably unrealistic and costs us the farm +

Most likely and very very expensive for the future, but.....

How desperately do we want the cup? I'm on record for being against selling the farm, as I worry we'll be back at post Gilles level again...Especially with the OEL cap hit coming.

However, we have an enormous amount of front office people adding, dividing, counting and on top of that a President that knows, what it takes a team to win... So I will be ok with what ever they come up with, but yes it would suck if we had to start from scratch again the year after, especially if we don't reach  the holy grail...

I was just on a buffalo fan page and they are all screaming for change over there, there ask is obviously terrible for us but they sure seem to be talking Canucks a lot, nothing more than speculation but it’s been slow thought I’d pass that along 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Most likely and very very expensive for the future, but.....

How desperately do we want the cup? I'm on record for being against selling the farm, as I worry we'll be back at post Gilles level again...Especially with the OEL cap hit coming.

However, we have an enormous amount of front office people adding, dividing, counting and on top of that a President that knows, what it takes a team to win... So I will be ok with what ever they come up with, but yes it would suck if we had to start from scratch again the year after, especially if we don't reach  the holy grail...

I don't think you can go that far in, this early in Pettersson/Hughes primes.

There's no guarantees you win a cup, even with that loaded roster. If you get any major injuries, illnesses etc... So then you've just spent your ENTIRE future and any ability to compete beyond a what, maybe 2 year window? All on a failed attempt.... 🥴

You want to do something like that when they're 31/32... Have at'er. But now? F no.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

There's no guarantees you win a cup, even with that loaded roster. If you get any major injuries, illnesses etc... So then you've just spent your ENTIRE future and any ability to compete beyond a what, maybe 2 year window? All on a failed attempt.... 🥴

You want to do something like that when they're 31/32... Have at'er. But now? F no.

True, and that is the big issue...

Hence, I've been on the not trading Lekkerimaki and Willander train, as I want us to be able to continue playing contending hockey...

We need good prospects to enter the team during the bigger OEL cap years, otherwise we may as well ship out Petey and Hughes and start all over.

Don't harbour much hope for Hughes to re-sign here, if we barely have a play offs team.

In saying the above, this team has something about it... When they are on song, they can go toe to toe with anyone, so dare we waste it by standing pat?

Big questions to answered by JR/PA

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

True, and that is the big issue...

Hence, I've been on the not trading Lekkerimaki and Willander train, as I want us to be able to continue playing contending hockey...

We need good prospects to enter the team during the bigger OEL cap years, otherwise we may as well ship out Petey and Hughes and start all over.

Don't harbour much hope for Hughes to re-sign here, if we barely have a play offs team.

In saying the above, this team has something about it... When they are on song, they can go toe to toe with anyone, so dare we waste it by standing pat?

Big questions to answered by JR/PA

We have pieces to add quality players to this roster, without sacrificing Lekkerimaki or Willander IMO. We're just not going to be able to afford Crosby AND Guentzel 😂

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We have pieces to add quality players to this roster, without sacrificing Lekkerimaki or Willander IMO. We're just not going to be able to afford Crosby AND Guentzel 😂

No, but some of the proposed players here are going to cost more than Kuz and Woo or similar proposals...

Unless we look at basement adds...

PS. It was the suggestion of Crosby and Guentzel being added making this a cup winning team.

Edited by spook007
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I was just on a buffalo fan page and they are all screaming for change over there, there ask is obviously terrible for us but they sure seem to be talking Canucks a lot, nothing more than speculation but it’s been slow thought I’d pass that along 

Who are the fans talking about with them and us? 

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

I have also saw a lot of speculation about Cozens to Van. I would absolutely love him here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viking said:

like the player and his size but he doesn’t playe aggressive all the time either, can that change with Tocchet as the coach I’m not sure but 3m for a less effective Joshua wouldn’t be what we should be looking to add

The hope would be he thrives in this line up. If he were to line up w Suter/Mikheyev for example he would be that big body around the net creating havoc.  Might open things up for his line mates.

I do see him as a guy that can up his game in the playoffs, is a regular PKr for BUF etc.  

7 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Benning is no longer our GM.

They're not entirely wrong though. I think you can subtract Hogs and still get the deal done, but Ek is a player who moves the needle a lot and on a fantastic contract.

Still - the timing is not right, we lack a #3D, a scoring forward and a heavy 4th liner, even WITH Ek, so selling the farm at this point vs aiming for a longer window makes no sense imo.

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

Is there some guarantee signed that Petey and Hughes will be here until they are 31/32?  I must have missed that...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pears said:

Why are these Crosby trade proposals a thing lol. 

Cause it's fun.  And cause Petey is a pending RFA who doesn't want to negotiate until the summer.  And cause Rutherford is on the record saying that if Petey isn't re-signed by the summer then he will be looking at trading him...