[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey would play centre, just like he does on the Lotto line. 

I find it so funny how people dont realize this and thing that the only duties of a centerman are to take draws

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yup, I don't think we need to/would include either personally. 

Some mix around Kuzmenko, two firsts, Brzustewicz (who's fantastic but a bit redundant/expendable here) should be in the ball park... Maybe another pick, or one of our "B" forward prospects +/-

That said, it's almost certainly a pipe dream regardless.

I think a package in this range could net Ericsson Ek; 

Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz and the '24 1st.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

I think a package in this range could net Ericsson Ek; 

Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz and the '24 1st.

Personally I'd be pretty happy with either Crosby or Ek. 

That said, I'd imagine both are highly unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

EEK is highly unlikely. His contract coupled with Minnesota’s lack of center depth, you’d have to give up Willander+

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I agree. 

I'm also of the belief that, of all the (recent) years, this is the one to really make a push.

I'm confident in the coaching and management group AND super happy (as a fan) that the prospect depth is there to even consider this type of trade speculation. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I'd like to keep Myers. This coaching staff has him playing great, and bringing him back at half his current aav would be a good deal for us. He's great in the room, too.

Not me. I'm too wary of players who have been demonstrably bad and turn it around for a bit only to sign a new contract and immediately go back to sucking. However, it's hard to argue now as he's been playing well and contributing to a winning stretch.

Thankfully we don't have to decide now and we will most assuredly wait until the offseason to make a move. By then we should have all the information needed to make a wise decision.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I'd like to keep Myers. This coaching staff has him playing great, and bringing him back at half his current aav would be a good deal for us. He's great in the room, too.

He'd be pretty far down my list of preferred moves there (Pesce, Tanev, Hakanpaa, Lyubushkin as UFA's... Zub, Larsson etc as possible trades), and I'd be surprised if he gets much less than $4m on the open market.

EDIT: I forgot the option of bringing back Cole on that list as well.

Maybe you get him closer to $3.5, full of bonuses and movement clauses with a "hometown" discount, but then he becomes immovable and buyout proof for us again. Not really interested in that.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Déjà Vu said:

hehe love reading people thinking crosby would even come to van , if he was traded it be to boston or Avs , this first year canucks have a chance to do something in the playoffs, we not very stable like the bruins, and that be only reason he accept a trade, but hes pretty loyal to the penguins so doubt anything would happen

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Personally I'd be pretty happy with either Crosby or Ek

Yea. I'd be stoked if we got either of those guys. Ek fits our profile better, but Crosby if traded, can fit anywhere with any contending team. 

And really, why not us. If Crosby's looking  to get another kick at the can, what better team to make it happen than us. Dude would be a great add. The addition of a Crosby instantly makes us scary and dangerous. He'd make an immediate impact. 

Depending on our roster changes to acquire a powerhouse like Crosby, hockey pundits everywhere would be waxing ecstatic; other contenders being served notice of how gooder ( That's not a word, is it!?!??!?) we just got. I dunno.........

It's a pipe dream, I know. But ya' gotta think that if there were any way to obtain Crosby, JR/PA can make it happen. But alas, he'd be a rental and IMO, we don't want rentals yet. We've got too much going on regarding impending UFA's and Petey.

Definitely someone like Ek makes more sense. We'd still have to give up a lot for him, but he's younger and has a contract with term for a few more years. Albeit for more than we can afford.

One way or another, to obtain either of these guys is pretty much near impossible without cap. And as mentioned earlier, probably won't be moved by their respective teams anyways. 

We're all aware of the names being bandied about regarding acquisition possibilities. Speculating as to who it's possibly gonna be is exhaustive. I'm at the point t where I'm ready to not care till it happens. But you know...............Yea............

.........................I'm a f*ckin' Canuck fanboy, man! Of course I'm gonna keep tabs on all the speculation. Jeez!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

Just saw a rumour posted yesterday about kuzzy to the preds.

kuzzy for Dante fabbro + Cody Glass 

money works and we fill 2 needs ..

would you do it ?

I don't think Glass fills a need (and I'm a 'glass half full' kinda guy!). I mean 2 pts so far this season and he's never really put it together at the NHL level.

I think the one name that is potentially available (i.e. so not including pipe dreams like Crosby, Ek, Guentzel) that we could trade for to replace Kuz is Buchnevich.

Buch makes a lot of sense to me with our roster.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

would you do it ?

an established player for two projects with some upside seems like the opposite of what we should be doing.

Neither of those guys is an upgrade for us on our roster.

Edited by Provost

10 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I don't think Glass fills a need (and I'm a 'glass half full' kinda guy!). I mean 2 pts so far this season and he's never really put it together at the NHL level.

I think the one name that is potentially available (i.e. so not including pipe dreams like Crosby, Ek, Guentzel) that we could trade for to replace Kuz is Buchnevich.

Buch makes a lot of sense to me with our roster.

Agreed. To me, Buchnevich's game is what Tocchet wishes he could get out of Kuzmenko.

21 hours ago, aGENT said:

Ek would be like a dream come true - unlikely as it is.

I see him as an elite shutdown C that can put up points.   Imagine a matchup line of Petey and Ek vs McDavid.  Shut him down - or even slow him down - and let the other 3 lines go to work head to head vs Edmonton's 2nd line and inferior bottom 6.

1 hour ago, CaptainQuin said:

would you do it ?

I think if the Canucks pro scouts and coaching/development staff feel they can keep developing him Id say yes.  He’s got good attributes (C, size and RH) that could help this team.  

Ive noticed good moments from him in games before-I wonder if hes one of those guys that in the right system could be a late bloomer.

1 hour ago, CaptainQuin said:

would you do it ?

Just saw this on my Google news alert, Kuzmenko to Preds. My phone is slow AF haha. A day later at least usually the "news" updates 

58 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

Agreed. To me, Buchnevich's game is what Tocchet wishes he could get out of Kuzmenko.

I don't know where the Blues are in their cycle, but seems to me they are unlikely to be contending next season (which is Buchnevich's last contract year) and not sure if they will want to resign him long term in 2025 when he is 30 years old and for the kind of money he will be seeking as a UFA.

It might make more sense for them to trade Buchnevich now, and get back something like Kuz + 1st round pick. Kuzy is still a top line offensive talent to play with Thomas and Kyrou next season, but STL get some futures to help them rebuild or to trade for roster upgrades elsewhere in their lineup. At the end of next season, they could look to resign Kuzy or trade him for more assets at the 2025 TDL. And perhaps instead of the 1st round pick from VAN they would accept Raty as an almost fully developed prospect, who will be NHL ready next season. Not sure on exact values but there seems to be the bones of a trade there.

Just some random thoughts anyway...

2 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

would you do it ?

Glass seems like a bit of a project and such a weird scenario. 35 points in 72 games last season. Then just 2 points in 21 games so far this season. The talent appears to be there. The mental states appears all over the place?

Then you have Fabbro. I honestly don't know him that well. Where would he fit on defense exactly and who does he replace?

14 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

would you do it ?

Nope......................

14 hours ago, Provost said:

an established player for two projects with some upside seems like the opposite of what we should be doing.

Neither of those guys is an upgrade for us on our roster.

.......And this is why!

Wasn't there some controversy regarding that draft year with Cody Glass? I think it something like Benning wanted him. Whew. Thankfully we got Petey!

13 hours ago, Darius said:

Ek would be like a dream come true - unlikely as it is.

I see him as an elite shutdown C that can put up points.   Imagine a matchup line of Petey and Ek vs McDavid.  Shut him down - or even slow him down - and let the other 3 lines go to work head to head vs Edmonton's 2nd line and inferior bottom 6.

Yowzer. This be bang on. Ek is a target we could aim for. But alas.............

Is there anyone of his ilk that potentially could be had from other teams? Be they roster players or farm prospects? Perhaps not for a TDL window. Maybe in the off season.