[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Meanwhile, Milstein's been debunking those rumours.

My opinion, and I'm just a regular guy too but, I think Zadorov signs here long-term. The media tends to be wrong... a lot. Especially when they want clicks.

agreed, Nikita is here to stay imo.

Now moving Kuzy+Myers also gets you a lot of cap space. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

agreed, Nikita is here to stay imo.

Now moving Kuzy+Myers also gets you a lot of cap space. 

Doubt they move Myers. Too important to team success and too popular in the room.

Trading Kuzmenko with no retention should be enough to get done what they wanna get done.

• Like 1

I also wonder, has anyone ruled out the possibility of completely retooling the second line?

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Höglander - xxxx - xxxx

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Åman - Suter - Lafferty

I've been saying Suter's done a fine job filling in on line two but he isn't a long term solution there.  

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Doubt they move Myers. Too important to team success and too popular in the room.

Trading Kuzmenko with no retention should be enough to get done what they wanna get done.

That's ok too, I'd like to move Kuzy while he still has value.

10+ teams in on Tanev = Canucks likely out

My gut tells me Hoagie isnt part of a trade package.  He’s starting to pop similar to what Joshua is doing this year, and they need his cost effective talent.  

I hope Allvin surprises us w an effective player that hasnt really been parlayed as much.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think most of us really like Kuzmenko and were just hoping it would work out in the end. The longer this goes on though, it seems more and more like it's a matter of a player that isn't really working or is optimized in this system. If we were playing like we've been in the past few years, this likely wouldn't be a problem.

However, with the team playing as well as they are, and having a decent to good chance at making a push amplifies this case needing a fix.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

I also wonder, has anyone ruled out the possibility of completely retooling the second line?

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Höglander - xxxx - xxxx

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Åman - Suter - Lafferty

I've been saying Suter's done a fine job filling in on line two but he isn't a long term solution there.  

Suter is a great complimentary piece to the top 6 if they are sharing wealth between the 1st and 2nd but loading up the first you need more jam I would agree, we don’t have a line driver for the second and when we do trade for a top 6 they are going to approach it as a linemate for pettersson which will leave hoglander suter mikheyev and possibly podkolzin as fillers in the top 6, I think majority of canuck fans would like to see a hoglander podkolzin 4th energy line that can produce and forecheck with the best of them come playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

It is interesting that he didn't mention Kuzmenko though. Probably means he thinks it is possible the Canucks move Kuzmenko or maybe he's even helping to facilitate it. He only denied Zadorov getting moved.

100%.  Kuzmenko will be the one that is moved, not Zadorov.  Moving Zadorov would be silly considering that Soucy can't even stay healthy.  What happens if Soucy gets another injury prior to the playoffs?  He's already had 2 injuries this year alone...

I think Milstein is currently working on a trade with Kuzmenko.  Kuzy has a NTC, so they need to work out where he can be traded.  Chicago makes perfect sense as Kuzy can play with Bedard and maybe Celebrini too and perhaps get back to being a 35-40 goal scorer.  Remember, Kuzy will be playing for his retirement contract next season.  What better way to jack up his numbers then playing with Bedard on a team that doesn't care about defence?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Simply a question: Would the Canucks be interested in Dylan Strome? Would any of you? Washington is clearly not where it was and with Ovi unable to produce maybe getting youth and picks could interest them. They have also expressed interest in Kuz. 

What would it take if it was possible?

2 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

Simply a question: Would the Canucks be interested in Dylan Strome? Would any of you? Washington is clearly not where it was and with Ovi unable to produce maybe getting youth and picks could interest them. They have also expressed interest in Kuz. 

Well he could be a number 2 center option. The problem I see with him is he has a long-term contract at 5mil until 2027-28, so we'd have to be sure this is who we want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

I made a pitch for Dylan Strome a few weeks back! Things that stood out were age, cap hit, size, and Strome being a center. Also could see Strome find another level of offense with Pettersson. Plus I could see Kuzmenko being happy with going to the Capitals with fellow countrymen already there like Ovechkin and Kuznetsov.

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Long term they might have discussed what Zadorov wants for an extension and have no interest.

Tanev on the other hand would probably sign here for a reasonable price, that’s the difference.

Speculation

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

Speculation

Zadorov has been vocal about being proud to be a Canuck and seems like he’s really enjoying his time in Vancouver, it’s easy to speculate but with the pettersson negotiations the team is uncertain of their cap space going forward, I believe that’s also a hold up on the hronek negotiations (speculation) I have a hard time seeing management flipping zad after the way he’s came in and played, he was an absolute menace against Toronto. 

• ThereItIs 1

the more i think about it the more i think Lindholm will be a canuck soon.

he only has 9 goals this year and is averaging 0.65 pts/game. Career 0.69 pts/game. His only "monster" season offensively he averaged 1.00 pts/game and he played between Tkachuk and Gaudreau who had 100+ point seasons.

Lindholm isn't a play driver and i think us and the media are overvaluing his trade value. He would look really good on a line with Petey though.

If Horvat (on a good cap hit) who was having an amazing season only fetched a 1st, grade b prospect, and roster player than i don't see how Lindholm will fetch much more. ROR got a comparable package that was just more pick heavy too.

1st, Bains, Roster Player i think gets it done and i'd do that trade. I also think the Canucks could realistically have a shot at re-signing him at around 8 million. 

just my 2 cents

33 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

27 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I made a pitch for Dylan Strome a few weeks back! Things that stood out were age, cap hit, size, and Strome being a center. Also could see Strome find another level of offense with Pettersson. Plus I could see Kuzmenko being happy with going to the Capitals with fellow countrymen already there like Ovechkin and Kuznetsov.

I don't think WAS would move him.  It'd leave them with no centre depth at all.  They basically NEED Strome unless they think Kuznetsov still has it in him (17 points in 43 games says otherwise).  Their other options are McMichael with 15 points and Dowd with 13 points.  If there was one team that needs a centre, it's Washington.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think WAS would move him.  It'd leave them with no centre depth at all.  They basically NEED Strome unless they think Kuznetsov still has it in him (17 points in 43 games says otherwise).  Their other options are McMichael with 15 points and Dowd with 13 points.  If there was one team that needs a centre, it's Washington.

That is what I was thinking too. However, if you throw the cards in and try to rebuild some depth... I heard that they have terrible depth so it could be a start. 

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The thing with Washington is that they're likely heading towards a rebuild/retool. I have a feeling we could convince them to part with Strome for the right package as I'd foresee these next few years as just an effort to help Ovechkin retire as the #1 goal scorer.

20 minutes ago, bh90 said:

the more i think about it the more i think Lindholm will be a canuck soon.

he only has 9 goals this year and is averaging 0.65 pts/game. Career 0.69 pts/game. His only "monster" season offensively he averaged 1.00 pts/game and he played between Tkachuk and Gaudreau who had 100+ point seasons.

Lindholm isn't a play driver and i think us and the media are overvaluing his trade value. He would look really good on a line with Petey though.

If Horvat (on a good cap hit) who was having an amazing season only fetched a 1st, grade b prospect, and roster player than i don't see how Lindholm will fetch much more. ROR got a comparable package that was just more pick heavy too.

1st, Bains, Roster Player i think gets it done and i'd do that trade. I also think the Canucks could realistically have a shot at re-signing him at around 8 million. 

just my 2 cents

I'm with you on this, only I think Lindholm won't fetch more than $7 million per year. 

• Like 1