[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, ngoway said:

The thing with Washington is that they're likely heading towards a rebuild/retool. I have a feeling we could convince them to part with Strome for the right package as I'd foresee these next few years as just an effort to help Ovechkin retire as the #1 goal scorer.

Taking out their top centre won't help Ovechkin at all ....

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on this, only I think Lindholm won't fetch more than $7 million per year. 

Yeah I can't see Lindholm getting $7M+... he had 60ish points last year, and this year on pace for 50ish.  I think he'll be in the $6.x range.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think some people have forgotten that the Vancouver Canucks are Zadorov's favourite team growing up, and the Sedins were some of his favourite players.  I believe Vancouver is his favourite city to play in so he will probably take a little less to stay and retire here as a Canuck...

Hope so.  And hope Tanev wants to come back for cheap too since it's rumoured he really wants to come back.  I'd imagine $4M for Zadorov and $2M for Tanev would go a LONG ways to helping out the cap situation next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, bh90 said:

the more i think about it the more i think Lindholm will be a canuck soon.

he only has 9 goals this year and is averaging 0.65 pts/game. Career 0.69 pts/game. His only "monster" season offensively he averaged 1.00 pts/game and he played between Tkachuk and Gaudreau who had 100+ point seasons.

Lindholm isn't a play driver and i think us and the media are overvaluing his trade value. He would look really good on a line with Petey though.

If Horvat (on a good cap hit) who was having an amazing season only fetched a 1st, grade b prospect, and roster player than i don't see how Lindholm will fetch much more. ROR got a comparable package that was just more pick heavy too.

1st, Bains, Roster Player i think gets it done and i'd do that trade. I also think the Canucks could realistically have a shot at re-signing him at around 8 million. 

just my 2 cents

Lindholm would give the Canucks the better overall player who can provide minutes in all situations as well as be a producer of offense. If a rental type was the aim he should be one of the top targets.

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think some people have forgotten that the Vancouver Canucks are Zadorov's favourite team growing up, and the Sedins were some of his favourite players.  I believe Vancouver is his favourite city to play in so he will probably take a little less to stay and retire here as a Canuck...

Either that or he just wants money, time will tell.

I think he is happy here,will be fine that elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gong off the line combinations:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/washington-capitals/line-combinations

And going off production:

Strome = 19 goals and 31 points

Kuznetsov = 6 goals and 17 points

Interesting, I always just assumed Kuznetsov was their 1C, but that's news to me! I bet though still for the right price, if management was really targeting Strome, they'd be able to find a way.

Plus maybe a Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kuzmenko line would be of interest to Ovechkin🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Vancouver is a very attractive place to play. The coaching, the talent that's  here. The city and locale. And I think most of all the winning hockey. 

Players that want to play here could help initiate their talks with PA. I think we're probably on favorable lists for many players. The question is the cost to acquire a good center or good dman. 

• Cheers 3

On 1/29/2024 at 10:39 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Vancouver is a very attractive place to play. The coaching, the talent that's  here. The city and locale. And I think most of all the winning hockey. 

Players that want to play here could help initiate their talks with PA. I think we're probably on favorable lists for many players. The question is the cost to acquire a good center or good dman. 

Yes without doubt the tide has turned into Canucks favour... Winning teams normally gets players to sign better value deals, as they wants to win.

Edited by spook007
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tofu_Bud said:

10+ teams in on Tanev = Canucks likely out

My gut tells me Hoagie isnt part of a trade package.  He’s starting to pop similar to what Joshua is doing this year, and they need his cost effective talent.  

I hope Allvin surprises us w an effective player that hasnt really been parlayed as much.  

So, thing to remember, there was a LOT of teams interested in Zadorov as well. Canucks won that by being the first team to actually clear cap space, something that's not easy in today's NHL.

If Canucks can move Kuzmenko out to Chicago for a draft pick, then I would bet that Tanev or similar are done within 24 hours of that trade being finalized.

Canucks are in a unique position where they could move someone like Kuzmenko, recover actual assets, not just giving up picks to get rid of the cap hit and use those assets to trade for Tanev.

Kuzmenko, with only having 1 more year left on his contract, you can probably get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

If you look at another team who could really use Tanev, Toronto doesn't really have anyone who is easily moveable on their roster. Bertuzzi has a full NMC and is having a REALLY bad year. Would cost them a pick to move him out.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Maybe its time to think about a future without Ovie?

If Washington was smart, that's what they should do.  Time to rebuild.... although that contract to Tom Wilson says otherwise.

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If Washington was smart, that's what they should do.  Time to rebuild.... although that contract to Tom Wilson says otherwise.

I doubt they'd have any trouble moving Wilson if that's what you mean. 

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I doubt they'd have any trouble moving Wilson if that's what you mean. 

He's getting paid $6.5M for the next 7 years.

He's on pace for 37 points.

I'd say it wouldn't be that easy to move him.  Find a team that would eat up $6.5M for a sub-40pt forward (middle 6 forward).  Don't care how much toughness he brings.  From production alone, this season he's about $3M overpaid.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd say it wouldn't be that easy to move him.  Find a team that would eat up $6.5M for a sub-40pt forward (middle 6 forward).  Don't care how much toughness he brings.  From production alone, this season he's about $3M overpaid.

He is there Myers.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He's on pace for 37 points because it's his job to play with and protect stars. The trouble is Washington doesn't have any stars. They sit 30th in goals for. Not a lot of points going on there. They don't have a single player in the top 100 league scoring. 

Wilson would certainly put up points playing w Pete or Miller. Not saying we could afford him. 

Edited by Hammertime

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

He's on pace for 37 points because it's his job to play with and protect stars. The trouble is Washington doesn't have any stars. They sit 30th in goals for. Not a lot of points going on there. They don't have a single player in the top 100 league scoring. 

Wilson would certainly put up points playing w Pete or Miller. 

I don't buy that any team would pay up to acquire Wilson when he has 7 years remaining on a $6.5M deal.  It's an anchor contract.  Period.  He's 29 years old turning 30 in 2 months.  He's not getting any better.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, thing to remember, there was a LOT of teams interested in Zadorov as well. Canucks won that by being the first team to actually clear cap space, something that's not easy in today's NHL.

If Canucks can move Kuzmenko out to Chicago for a draft pick, then I would bet that Tanev or similar are done within 24 hours of that trade being finalized.

Canucks are in a unique position where they could move someone like Kuzmenko, recover actual assets, not just giving up picks to get rid of the cap hit and use those assets to trade for Tanev.

Kuzmenko, with only having 1 more year left on his contract, you can probably get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

If you look at another team who could really use Tanev, Toronto doesn't really have anyone who is easily moveable on their roster. Bertuzzi has a full NMC and is having a REALLY bad year. Would cost them a pick to move him out.

Keep in mind tho that big Z was vocal about wanting out of CGY.  That and no retention were the two big factors on him being traded then.  Had he not been so vocal, it is highly likely CGY tried to maximize profit closer to TDL.  

I would love it if VAN got Tanev but hes highly respected and I suspect a bidding war even w retention.  Apparently even OTT really wants to acquire and woo him into resigning.  

In regards to Kuzy, I wonder what the actual return would be and how they plan to replace him.  

Edited by Tofu_Bud
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Tofu_Bud said:

10+ teams in on Tanev = Canucks likely out

conroy is a softy so tanev's preference will play a role (if he expresses a preference when asked). if the canucks are close, they'll be in the conversation.

the canucks have landed just about every player they've been rumoured to be interested in this year. tanev, wrapped in a bow, is just the all-star gift this core has earned this year. 

15 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

If we're looking at Monahan and offer a 1st+, maybe we could get Josh Anderson in the deal.  That would take care of all our biggest needs up front.

Nothing beats getting a decent 3rd line center and an AHLer for a 1st! 

• Haha 2