[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

15 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yeah. I can’t see us moving any of our D.  

We might add some depth but the idea of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy and Cole throwing their weight around is pretty enticing - especially given our smaller forward group.

And given the fact that our defense is the second largest in the league, most forward groups will get knocked around. Zadorov being the biggest overall at 6’6” 248 lbs. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And given the fact that our defense is the second largest in the league, most forward groups will get knocked around. Zadorov being the biggest overall at 6’6” 248 lbs. 

Would love to add Erik Johnson to the group for depth.

6’4” 225lbs

9 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

I'm not willing to give up too much stuff this trade deadline for multiple reasons.

#4. Give Kuzmenko time. The biggest problem player of the year is slumping big time but give him a chance to get it back. We know what he can do and not everybody can be playing well on a team at the same time. Somebody on the team will always be slumping. At some point, someone else will be the new whipping boy.

#5. A second line center will be too expensive to acquire and it will most likely be a rental given our cap situation going into next year. I still like the idea more of having Miller and Petey split up to balance our attack. You can unite the lotto line as a nuclear option.

#6. Getting new players is no guarantee of success and can sometimes even hurt the team more (look at the Rangers last year). If the name of the game is odds, I would rather take our chances on our current roster and keep our prospects and picks intact.

I'm not saying that I'm opposed to them doing anything but the price has to be right and the balance of our franchise has to be strongly considered.

Agreed with all these.  Petey centering his own line would definitely be optimal, as long as they can figure out who the 3rd guy in each unit will be.

__________ - Miller - Boeser
Kuzmenko - Petey - ________
Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

Mikheyev isn't terrible of course, but between him and Kuzmenko/ Petey's previous chemistry, I think he'd be moveable throughout the lineup, and maybe Hoglander or even Podkolzin could come up and possibly be the 3rd guy in one of the lines?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I want Zadorov over Tanev every day in the playoffs. The amount of love Tanev gets around here.. smh. The guy cant even move the puck. Worse than Myers in that category.

IKR

I think TO media s flaming up this rumor to try and get Zad out on the open market

The haters be busy on stirring up crap nowadays

Tanev in the playoffs getting bashed every other shift ain't what we need to control our defensive boards. Our big d have been controlling our boards well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Agreed with all these.  Petey centering his own line would definitely be optimal, as long as they can figure out who the 3rd guy in each unit will be.

Mikheyev isn't terrible of course, but between him and Kuzmenko/ Petey's previous chemistry, I think he'd be moveable throughout the lineup, and maybe Hoglander or even Podkolzin could come up and possibly be the 3rd guy in one of the lines?

I think Mik is primarily a checker now.

Him on the 4th is fine. Maybe let him teach Podz on the 4th.

Hogs can move up with 40 and Koozy

The last time the Canucks were trying to free cap space, we traded for Zadorov right after.

I wonder if management has a trade ready to go again, just looking to free cap space. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

conroy is a softy so tanev's preference will play a role (if he expresses a preference when asked). if the canucks are close, they'll be in the conversation.

the canucks have landed just about every player they've been rumoured to be interested in this year. tanev, wrapped in a bow, is just the all-star gift this core has earned this year. 

what a story that would be.  just hope it doesnt cost a hoagie

There’s no way the Canucks move Zadorov. He was a target of theirs for quite some time, and he has played well and provided a much needed physical edge to the defence. 

I see Lindholm fetching a similar price to what the Canucks paid for

Toffoli.  I think it’s a trade they could

pull off if they have the cap.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I just saw an article that Marek mentioned the NYI may be a landing spot for Kuz.  Anybody else catch that?

I don't see how that works with the cap?

46 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I actually like Suter on the wing in the top 6. I don't think he's a 2nd line center for sure but as a winger, he's got the talent to keep up and produce in a top 6 role at a very reasonable price. To me, the ideal moves would be sending Kuzmenko to CHI for the cap space and then trading for Lindholm (possibly at 50% retained) and Vatrano.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Lindholm-Petey-Vatrano

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lafferty-Hoglander

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Cole

To me, this would be as deep of a lineup as any team in the NHL. Having Mikheyev and Hoglander on a 4th line would be absolutely insane depth.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Screw said:

There’s no way the Canucks move Zadorov. He was a target of theirs for quite some time, and he has played well and provided a much needed physical edge to the defence. 

I see Lindholm fetching a similar price to what the Canucks paid for

Toffoli.  I think it’s a trade they could

pull off if they have the cap.

Why not just get toffoli again.  Great stretch run winger

• Like 1