[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Doubtful just Kuzzy.  A first draft is likely needed.  

We'll see.   In PA we trust 

I had wondered if Kuzmenko might be appealing to a team with a UFA who still wants to remain competitive going forward. That way you atleast retain a Top 6 player going into next season.

I do imagine we'd add a bit, but that framing is interesting. Fingers crossed 

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting tweet. Seems like he's saying Kuzmenko OR picks/prospects.

If its just Kuzmenko that would be a massive W.

Could it be just picks and prospects?  Would we have to cap space for Lindholm without sending a sizeable salary back?

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

At this rate, TDL 2024 will be a boring affair for us Canucks fans.....

.........because we'll have already been done with any trades we need.  :hurhur:

I don't think we'll have a boring TDL with this management lol. 

I heard we we're scouting Xhejkaj or w.e who is a big physical defenceman, I wouldn't mind getting him if we're trading Zadorov. 

Keep in mind, this guy's having a shitty year, he's 29 years old, and he's a UFA. 

Don't overpay. 

Edit: Plus, didn't he demand a trade out of Cowgary too? 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 2

Cap has to go back the other way if we're getting Lindholm even if Flames retain max salary. If it's not Kuzy I'm worried what we're giving up in this trade...

I'm usually scared of these big trades, but I am more confident with JR&PA now in charge. 

2 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

TDL will remain exciting.  That's a big cap space move losing Myers.  There's more to come guys.

But Podkolzin!  Nooooooooo!!!!

Edit: fake account! Nooooooooo!!!!

Edited by HKSR

3 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

I don’t have a problem with trading Kuzmenko, but would prefer it not be to another Pacific division team. We know he has the ability to light it up, and knowing our luck, he will do so every game we play against him lol

But, if trading him means we don’t have to trade as many pics, I’m good with that. I don’t like the idea of going all in this year and sacrificing the future. We need to give ourselves a window not just a year, to win the cup 

Canucks management has stated as much so I wouldn't be too concerned.

While Lindholm could be a rental only, Kuzmenko is only signed an additional year and at 650k more per. I thought Vancouver was getting incremental buy-in from Kuzmenko and prefer he stay.

But if the team adds Lindholm for only Kuzmenko off the active roster plus other pieces, that is a big upgrade. A perfect fit for Tocchet and an important add to the top six.