[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Then he’d be going to Boston or Colorado.

This is a player that’s two seasons removed from 42 goals and 82 points. Yes he’s having a down season but this is still a top player.

Would you have been happy if we traded Horvat for a package like that?

Rumor earlier that Hawks would like Kuzzy too.  

Brzustewicz seems to have been one heck of a pick - sad to see him moved so quickly. But you gotta give to get - especially in an interdivisional trade.

Also sad to see Kuz go... I thought his personality was a positive, but he just couldn't make it work out with Tocchets style. Now he'll get a fresh start and I wouldn't be surprised to see him carve out a solid NHL career.

But in the end, we have a better team today. Hopefully Lindholm can reverse the downtrend his stats have lately been suggesting.

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

We kept Raty, Podz, Hoglander, D-Petey, Lekkerimaki & Willander..... & got an ABSOLUTE STUD OF A C!!!!!!!!!!!

We should be FUCKING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A B prospect, a C prospect, a late 1st and a conditional 4th.

What exactly was too much there?

You realize this is the cost of doing business for a top trade target. Especially to get ahead of the rest of the market.

This is spot on. It's not alot. We needed to get better to keep up. This was a great deal. 

• Like 1

If Lindholm can end the black holes on the first two lines in any way, shape or form, as well as do something to help with the power play, all of which should be entirely possible, then we get much more than a player in return for what I believe is a pretty fair deal for both sides:  we get a new offensive engine which will help to drive play even more.  That is worth its weight in gold in the playoffs, and if it results in a Cup, then well worth the rental if Lindholm doesn't return.  I give the deal a B+, but the effect could be massive going forward, raising the grade much, much higher.       

Edited by Hockey God
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Then we’d still have Kuz and the other 4 pieces. And all complain about Lindholm in Col, Ny, or Vegas.  10 years of crap hockey not good enough? 

Not necessarily. You've got to play hardball. 

Lindholm's a good player having a shit year. I'm hoping he'll turn it around. 

With our leaders and coaching staff, I'm sure he will. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Not even close dude.  The man is walking straight to July 1 if that's all we're offering him

OK.  Then make it $5.5-6M.  He’s typically a career 50-60pt player.  But there are 2 yrs when he got 80pts.

• Haha 1