[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I feel we’re not done yet. I still think we go all in and ship out lekkermaki, 2025 1st + for Guentzel. 

possible or tanev... lots of reports he was being mentioned this weekend... tanev 2 million retained for a 2025 1st...

Just now, Sell.the.team said:

This is a pure rental, right?  Seems like a steep price, especially in our first year back to the show.  I don't see how on earth we can resign all our core guys unless they take serious discounts.

Hard to say.  This front office seems to find the right players that fit well with the team and what the coaches want.  If he thrives, he can sign for less than what Kuz signed for next yr. 

Vancouver did Montreal a solid here. Taking Lindholm off the market and paying a significant price for him.  Price for Monahan just went up.  Won't be as much as Lindholm, but they're going to get a great return on him 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Not even close dude.  The man is walking straight to July 1 if that's all we're offering him

It probably starts with 7 and could go to 8ish. 

Would be pretty big if we are capable of re-signing him. His play style is something we lack. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Dom said:

Basically Kuzmenko + Bruz for Lindholm. 

And with Willander being the better RHD prospect, it doesn't hurt quite as much losing Brzustewicz. All the same, it would have been nice to see how he performed as a pro before losing him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I feel we’re not done yet. I still think we go all in and ship out lekkermaki, 2025 1st + for Guentzel. 

As fun as that craziness would be, to me, this signals that management knows an extended run is dependent on rolling Lekkerimaki, Hoglander and Podkolzin in the near future as we let some of Joshua, Bleuger and Laffrety get their bag with other organizations.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hard to say.  This front office seems to find the right players that fit well with the team and what the coaches want.  If he thrives, he can sign for less than what Kuz signed for next yr. 

I don't see how that happens unless he wants to stay at a few million below market.

He is coming off making $4.8M - I am guessing he wants a raise.  The cap is going up.  I reckon he will be able to fetch upwards of $8M per season, especially if his numbers improve.  Knowing this regime, they will show him off (ala Beuvillier last year) which will only increase his asking price.

Edited by Sell.the.team

Just now, DeNiro said:

This move is directly related to Petey re-signing IMO.

Like these are the types of players we can bring in if you sign a reasonable contract. 

If Lindholm is a fit with Petey they’ll find a way to get it done. They won’t go into next season with only 3 top 6 forwards. They’ll find a way to squeeze him in.

If they do re-sign Lindholm that’ll be huge. 

6 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I'm conflicted Kuzmenko and 1st and Brzustewicz Is ALOT hope it works out for the best

Kuz is a perimeter player who, in RT's system would likely be benched in PO.  HB has boom/bust potential,  who knows?  

EL is a Selke level player,  the EXACT player any legit PO team would want to add.  

We won this imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Like these are the types of players we can bring in if you sign a reasonable contract. 

If Lindholm is a fit with Petey they’ll find a way to get it done. They won’t go into next season with only 3 top 6 forwards. They’ll find a way to squeeze him in.

I’m hoping they fit in together and want to sign reasonably to buy into that yea! Not like the Toronto culture we will find out soon 

Good trade.

We get a proper top 6 forward who plays well at center and great at faceoffs. He is 2 years removed from Selke conversation and can obviously play defence well. Our second line is now a force. 

Meanwhile, we get rid of Kuzy and his Cap next year.

We basically used a 32nd OA pick, our 3rd or 4th best prospect and didn’t throw in JL or Willander

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yup, Petey take a little bit less and we can keep Lindholm here too.

• ThereItIs 1