[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

Instead of trading Kuzmenko for assets last season, we had to pay assets to the Flames to take him off our books. A huge and very foreseeable error by this management team that has otherwise done a very good job.

I'm not sure about that.  Sure folks can look to the shooting %, but I have my doubts that (with Tocchet's signing just days before Kuzmenko re-upping) they could have known that he would've fallen out of favor due to play styles, which was the reason why he ended up in Rick's doghouse.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Considering in the past we've blown 2nd round picks for over the hill Defensive rentals. I'd say yes.

I have to disagree brother, what has happened in the past has nothing to with this particular trade.

If we don't win the cup and Lindholm doesn't resign with us, then we have given up a very promising RHD, they are precious things, a puck moving D-man who is in track for 87 assists alone this year.

A first rounder in a draft where after the top ten at most, this draft is a lottery, that pick has the chance to be a solid pick, even picking later.

I have put a lot of effort in studying prospects for this draft, as I have for the last few years.

There is one particular player I am really hoping that will slip due to injury. 

Admittedly Kuzzy has been a disappointment this year however he was rounding out his game.

As for Jurmo, for sure he doesn't seem to be panning out yet.

So if we don't resign him and we don't win the cup, what have we gained ?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, highandinside said:

Rentals are always expensive. We have to take a run at it when we have a chance. We still have our top prospects! I love this deal. Lindholm is a swede , 200 foot player l, offensive stud, will help PP it checks every box

Don't forget JR drafted him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Technically its the rights to Brewski. We didn't have him under contract.

It's a gamble because we don't even know how he'll do in the NHL. There probably wouldn't have been any spots on the Canucks for him anyway 

11 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I feel we’re not done yet. I still think we go all in and ship out lekkermaki, 2025 1st + for Guentzel. 

That would be a mistake. Yes management appears to be going all in, but they aren't going to completely mortgage our future on one season. They are trying to build a dynasty, not a one season flash in the pan team

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

This deal reminds me of the deal Rutherford made in Carolina for Brindamour (not comparing the two) the year they won a cup, they weren’t first in the league though, but I like them rewarding the players for getting to this point, no one expected this and when you have a chance you have to go for it. 

They moved primeau for rod when they made the cup finals but they didn't win until like 5 years later but comparable in theory based on scoring output.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Ugh, I hate it when rumour threads are merged with with trade threads. Have to scan through each page to get to where the trade actually happened.

First impressions are it's an ok deal, but I'm on vacation and I'm not going to look too hard at all the implications.

agree ... I don't understand how this doesn't warrant a fresh thread.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, farinush said:

This trade would not have happened if scouts and management didn’t hit an absolute home run in the 3rd round. Hunter B is a phenomenal prospect but Kuzy (free asset), Hunter B (3rd round pick, and 1st (32nd overall) is good value for a player of Lindholm’s calibre. Hats off to management on this oneZ

he plays on a stacked team in the ohl, it’s highly likely this is the best he ever plays,

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Anyone else find it hilarious Canucks traded Horvat right before all star game, same as lindholm this year.

so both players at event represented the wrong team.

and we already have an absurd amount of Canucks there now we just added one more lol

also Alvin did an interview on 650 right before the trade announced kinda wild too

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hunter B is not a top prospect though… his value is just high right now.

Lekkeramaki, Willander, and Podkolzin are top prospects.

If you didn’t want to trade him and Jurmo the alternative was likely Hoglander. Very glad we didn’t give him up.

That's true but he could be a piece to land something else 

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Yes, what did we really give up? A healthy scratch, a late first practically a 2nd and scraps, low tier easily replaceable prospects and a conditional 4th.

Craig Conroys getting reemed 

A healthy scratch whi wasn't going to be in the lineup in playoffs 

A $5.5 mill cap dump

Home run trade if there ever was one.  Great job by our management team..

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

They moved primeau for rod when they made the cup finals but they didn't win until like 5 years later but comparable in theory based on scoring output.

They beat Edmonton that year for the cup, they won the cup the year they made that trade