[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

44 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hahahaba awesome. 

6 players and head coach at the All Star Game. 

Even in the salads days of the early Oilers, I don't think they had 6 players and a coach at the All Star game, LOL

• Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Well, I am a bit sad to see Brz go after just drafting him half a year ago, but ... on a quick looksee, if Elias Liindholm re-signs with Vancouver it will be worth what we paid, a very late if not last 1st round pick, and BRZ along with Kuz and Jurmo... overpayment if we don't get EL to sign here for next year and beyond. Decent Trade if we do. 
I am sure they have talked. I think Kuz sat on the bench taking it all in a few games ago at the intermission because he probably knew he was on his way to Calgary and couldn't say anything 

like Bruce  ...

Just now, DeNiro said:

Horvat ha Barzal who’s a stud.

Monahan is getting top minutes with guys like Suzuki and Caufield.

Who is Lindholm playing with in Calgary? Huberdeau? Mangiapani?

Actually Monahan had been playing with Pearson and Gallagher (before Pearson got hurt) Armia, and Anderson. Lately he's been lined up with Slafkovsky and Anderson.  Other than the pp hes seen very limited minutes with Suzuki or Caufiekd 

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Absolutely!

Apparently good on face off's these days?  Also a big body, which means squat!  He has something like just seven hits on the year.

Can score, but can't pass the puck, or hold on to it! Kinda slow! Dead puck center.

Lindholm is 29, lots, I mean lots more speed and agility. This makes lines & teams tick!

Can dangle & pass. Everything you want for a fast moving machine.

Has been a fringe Selke guy at times; ie good defensively.  

Had 42 goals/82 points just 2 years ago.

This year Monahan has 35pts in 49games, wins 55% of his faceoffs while playing 18:27 per game of which 1:11 per game is played short-handed.  Yes, he only has 11 hits on the year.

Lindholm this year has 32pts in 49games, wins 55.5% of his faceoffs while playing 20:45 per game of which 2:23 per game is played short handed.

If you want to talk career years, Lindholm had 82pts in 82games playing with Tkachuk while Monahan had 82pts in 78games playing with Gaudreau.

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

Actually Monahan had been playing with Pearson and Gallagher (before Pearson got hurt) Armia, and Anderson. Lately he's been lined up with Slafkovsky and Anderson.  Other than the pp hes seen very limited minutes with Suzuki or Caufiekd 

“Other than the PP”

Why wouldn’t you include the powerplay?

Hes still playing with better players than Lindholm.

Regardless all that matters is him being a fit with Petey. We’ll have to wait and see how they gel.

17 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Don't get me wrong my friend.

I have got every digit crossed.

I have even crossed my eyeballs in the hope we win the cup ! 

I am glad we didn't give up those players as well.

I will say I was starting to think that Hunter is looking like that rare third rounder that might really pan out, at a hard to get position, RHD.

I agree it’s the only real piece that hurts in my opinion. That said I’m good with them taking a chance this year. Crucial year with Petey and everything else 

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

“Other than the PP”

Why wouldn’t you include the powerplay?

Hes still playing with better players than Lindholm.

Regardless all that matters is him being a fit with Petey. We’ll have to wait and see how they gel.

His most common linemates this season have been anderson and evans followed by Pearson and Gallagher.  Don't paint it like he's getting prime minutes. He plays on the top pp but beyond thst he's mostly playing with bottom 6 guys 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Lindholm this year: 9g 23a 32p -6 

Horvat this year: 20g 25a 45p +6

Monahan this year: 13g 22a 35p -10

Lindholm is closer to Monahan than he is Horvat.

IMHO Lindholm has the more all-around game though. Horvat is more one dimensional.

Also, Lindholm is a distributer so him playing with Huberdeau (also a distributer/ play maker) was a bust.

Lindholm can hopefully up the points playing with EP, add to the PK, add to the PP, improve the FO%, and take some defensive pressure off Miller. 

• ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

We're going for the cup man. We picked up exactly what we needed and EARLY to keeping winning and build chemistry. It was a lot but I want a fucking cup before I die! 

As I have already stated, if we win the cup, I couldn't care less if he, Lindholm stays, Elias wants  $15,000,000 and Hronek, $10,000,000

I can die happy.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Haha 1

We gave up a lot, but we are a far better team now than we were a few hours ago. Lindholm isn't going to be benched in the 3rd period because he can't play both ends of the ice.

I would rather not lose Brzustewicz, but seriously, I can't spell his name without looking it up and I really don't want to try and pronounce it, so I'll get over it!

It's really nice to see us swing for the fences again. Now if they announce before we resume playing again that we have signed Lindholm to an extension, everyone goes home happy!

• Haha 1