[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

34 minutes ago, Comox Blaster said:

Let's get Petey resigned first then we can put together the rest of the puzzle.  Thoughts???

I think Lindholm is the player we hoped Petey would be, the Selke candidate who can take face offs and play in the top 6? 

I see our Top Six centers as Miller/Lindholm. 

Fit wise, Lindholm is the right fit. 

Petey has moved around so much and has had trouble transitioning to the #1 Center position. 

If Lindholm pans out, I would prioritize him as one of the first to resign. Those top centers are keys to our success.

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

His most common linemates this season have been anderson and evans followed by Pearson and Gallagher.  Don't paint it like he's getting prime minutes. He plays on the top pp but beyond thst he's mostly playing with bottom 6 guys 

Good for him?

Are you trying to argue we should have traded for him?

1 minute ago, Integra250 said:

Is Lindholm the best right-handed centerman we’ve had since Kesler? And Kesler was traded almost 10 years ago…

Yes. Absolutely. We’ve never had three centres of the quality of Petey, Miller, and Lindholm. Best centre depth in the league now. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Good for him?

Are you trying to argue we should have traded for him?

No. Just saying that the take that he's been playing with far superior players than Lindholm is patently wrong. To be clear I think Lindholm is the better player. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

I agree it’s the only real piece that hurts in my opinion. That said I’m good with them taking a chance this year. Crucial year with Petey and everything else 

As I have been told, I only know one way, that's balls to wall. 

I do know he has made us a better team straight away.

He fits perfectly into the structure that Tocchet has been trying to build. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Jurmo is having a dreadful year in FInland...3 points in 30+ games. He wasn't going to get an ELC from us anyways.

Like HKSR said....the value is Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz, and the late 1st.

To not have touched Willander, Lekkerimaki, Pettersson, Podkolzin, Bains, and Raty is a significant win. 

Now that I’ve taken a breathe and took my two brain cells to process, I agree and am happy that the Canucks cupboards are still looking good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Is Lindholm the best right-handed centerman we’ve had since Kesler? And Kesler was traded almost 10 years ago…

don't you think you're selling Mike Santorelli a little short there?

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Horvat has Barzal who’s a stud.

Monahan is getting top minutes with guys like Suzuki and Caufield.

Who is Lindholm playing with in Calgary? Huberdeau? Mangiapani?

Lindholms main linemates this year have been Sharangovich (20g 35p) and Mangiapane (9g 27p) 

Monahans main linemates this year have been Pearson (4g 8p), Gallagher (8g 16p), and Anderson (7g 13p)

So sure, Horvat has had better linemates but Monahan has had nowhere near as good of linemates.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Some of the comments here remind me of when we got Hronek. Some fans just can’t accept JR/Allvin are really good at their jobs.  Hronek is a fabulous player and a huge addition. And Lindholm will be the same. 

Good habits, strong 200 foot game...just the type of player Tocc will love

• ThereItIs 1