[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Lindholms main linemates this year have been Sharangovich (20g 35p) and Mangiapane (9g 27p) 

Monahans main linemates this year have been Pearson (4g 8p), Gallagher (8g 16p), and Anderson (7g 13p)

So sure, Horvat has had better linemates but Monahan has had nowhere near as good of linemates.

I see you have a stiffy for Monohan. Best hold of judgement on this trade till the return for Monohan is known

• Haha 1

The more I think of the deal the more I like it, Lindholm is a a good 2 way guy who has been a pp/g and a 40+ goal scoerer in his career, Kuzmenko hasn't done that yet and I doubt he does so playing with Mikal Backlund as his #1C, Lindholm is good in the dot and can score alot to like about the player 

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think Lindholm is the player we hoped Petey would be, the Selke candidate who can take face offs and play in the top 6? 

I see our Top Six centers as Miller/Lindholm. 

Fit wise, Lindholm is the right fit. 

Petey has moved around so much and has had trouble transitioning to the #1 Center position. 

If Lindholm pans out, I would prioritize him as one of the first to resign. Those top centers are keys to our success.

Maybe Lindholm is our insurance policy in case EP (and Nylander) follow through on their threat to demand trades to Chicago.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

I see you have a stiffy for Monohan. Best hold of judgement on this trade till the return for Monohan is known

I absolutely do not have a stiffy for Monahan.  I'm just saying he has similar numbers with significantly inferior linemates and would have probably cost less.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

It won't be as much as Lindholm, but his cap hit is super attractive and he's played well since recovering from surgery.  He's probably the next best C available 

• Cheers 1

I'm having some mixed thoughts about this.

We could've had Monahan for what could've been a slightly cheaper price. Salary cap, we would've saved a ton of money because Monahan's making something like 2 M (We still save money with Lindholm).

Also, if we shaved off money cap wise, we could use that to solidify another area of the team.

Dunno. I'd love to see Lindholm play. I feel like Monahan re-signing would've been cheaper to retain.

6 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Points aren't everything. Lindholm is wicked defensively and great on draws. The Horvat return brought more than Lindholm. Rat is a way more legit prospect than anything we gave up. The firsts are completely different values in different drafts. Experts say this draft thins out at around 20, our pick probably a 26 to 32. Complete opposite of last years deep draft. Both decent trades really. 

Those of us who are following/ researching this draft believe that after the top ten, it's hard to rate the next 20-30 players. 

This draft has a fair number of good D prospects.

I will say this, in relation to my fantasy teams, we are prioritising 2025 picks because that, at the present, looks like a deeper draft.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Good habits, strong 200 foot game...just the type of player Tocc will love

Lindholm is a guy teams win with. Nothing fancy but just a really solid, 200 foot player. And what did we really give up that is so costly? A late first? A player who isn’t in our top six? A B level prospect snd a C level guy? 
IMHAO the Flames went for quantity over quality. They have to hope HB is a player. Otherwise what do they end up with? Kuz is a UFA 2025. Jurmo is nothing. The first is likely 25-32. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Bought low on Lindholm. Sold high on Brzustewicz. Didn't give up Lekkerimäki or Willander. 

Acted early to get our biggest position of need. Now Tocchet has the flexibility to run the Lotto line while maintaining scoring depth. 

Can I also mention how this guy is top 5 in faceoff win %?

image.thumb.png.e84af4e1bc103c56f8173a177c0a2bf6.png

Great move. I'm so excited. I just hope Allvin finds a way to re-sign him - it'd be a shame if we didn't, but also can't believe we actually got him. This guy was at the top of my wishlist. 

Dunno how you said we bought low. The price we paid wasn't low at all. Could've had Monahan for a cheaper price and saved a ton more of cap space.

Just now, fanofvan said:

I absolutely do not have a stiffy for Monahan.  I'm just saying he has similar numbers with significantly inferior linemates and would have probably cost less.

Lindholm is far, far better defensively. Now and historically. Lindholm is a righty, which we sorely needed at center. Monohan is a decent consolation prize but I'd rather go all in for quality. Lindholm has way more compete as well and plays the Tocchet way. They are different players with historically different numbers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Those of us who are following/ researching this draft believe that after the top ten, it's hard to rate the next 20-30 players. 

This draft has a fair number of good D prospects.

I will say this, in relation to my fantasy teams, we are prioritising 2025 picks because that, at the present, looks like a deeper draft.

A Lindholm in hand is worth many picks in the bush. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Lindholm is a guy teams win with. Nothing fancy but just a really solid, 200 foot player. And what did we really give up that is so costly? A late first? A player who isn’t in our top six? A B level prospect snd a C level guy? 
IMHAO the Flames went for quantity over quality. They have to hope HB is a player. Otherwise what do they end up with? Kuz is a UFA 2025. Jurmo is nothing. The first is likely 25-32. 

How many cups has Lindholm won....you know considering he is a guy teams win with?