[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Funny this team might have two Elias's and two pettersons' and they won't be the same two people in both cases. But are in each case the same two people in both separate occasions.

Does that make sense? Just bilbo'd that as best I could 

uh-uhh.gif

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Luc's death hit me hard even I didn't know him. I was at the time learning at Pacific Riding School to get my motorcycle licence.

Linden was hit hardest. He tried to talk Bourdon out of the motorcycle and into a sports car. 

• Sad 1

‘Lindholm, though, was going to be a goner. He is reportedly seeking roughly $9 million per year on his next contract, a huge hit for a guy who is having an underwhelming offensive campaign.’

From the Calgary Herald.

Holy shut, Batman. If he’s seeking $9 million, this is clearly a rental.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

MK sums it up nicely...

Last year he was on pace for 50 points.  This year on pace for just over 40 while trending down since the start of the season.  10 of his 23 points came in the first 9 games of this season.  We're at game 49 now.  So he has had 13 points in his last 40 games (a 26 point pace).

Like I said, he's not a bad player.  Defensively he is excellent.  Just that between Garland and Mikheyev, I'd take Garland.  Garland brings way more to this team than Mikheyev.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree there and I don't think it was bad trade

it looks like a win-win to me. Yes its more likely in the short term we could really benefit, but if Cowtown is able to wake up Hubie with a better winger and they also don't mind utilizing Kuzy as mostly an offensive zone guy then it could be very good for them. 

I could see them doing something like flipping our 1st for two 2nds maybe in the draft, or who knows, maybe use it in a deal for a C? I could see them going after a guy like Laughton now. 

The rest of it is all long shot stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

if you want the guy to be your first line centre you're going to have to pay him like one. 

Yup, but I reckon he'll expect to be paid as a top player anywhere. Maybe a bit less on a more competitive team, but probably not drastically less. 

3 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Linden was hit hardest. He tried to talk Bourdon out of the motorcycle and into a sports car. 

I always wondered who chose the motorcycle? I know sales guys job is to sell bikes. But Bourdon was a beginner rider. I hope he didn't sell him on a bike he wasn't ready for.

That's why my first Motorcycle was a Ninja 250. Not enough to go crazy on, but so much fun.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

For those wanting him cheaper, he's believed to have turned down roughly 8-9Mx8. That's in Calgary, sure, but I wouldn't expect a huge discount from a pending UFA. 

he'll be wanting BoHo numbers. But it would also really help our window. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yup, but I reckon he'll expect to be paid as a top player anywhere. Maybe a bit less on a more competitive team, but probably not drastically less. 

depends on a lot of things. you can't demand $9 mil somewhere if you aren't a first liner. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Lemon Face said:

Kuz also have worst year with his current team.We kept all our best prospects

And that’s the key; we freed up cap (Kuz) and didn’t unload any of our best prospects.

in terms of D, PA has got us some good prospects and serviceable 7th Dmen.

Just now, Bob Long said:

he'll be wanting BoHo numbers. But it would also really help our window. 

I'd give him Horvat money. If you're going to overpay anywhere it may as well be to your top guys. Every contract isn't going to be a steal, and he has UFA leverage. 

Just now, tas said:

depends on a lot of things. you can't demand $9 mil somewhere if you aren't a first liner. 

He'd probably get Horvat money and similar term as a UFA imo. 

5 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

‘Lindholm, though, was going to be a goner. He is reportedly seeking roughly $9 million per year on his next contract, a huge hit for a guy who is having an underwhelming offensive campaign.’

From the Calgary Herald.

That was before this season started... he's nowhere near that level of player right now.

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

From the Calgary Herald.

$9m to stay on a CAL team doing an impersonation of a toilet flushing. And player asks always start high, that's how negotiations work.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Last year he was on pace for 50 points.  This year on pace for just over 40 while trending down since the start of the season.  10 of his 23 points came in the first 9 games of this season.  We're at game 49 now.  So he has had 13 points in his last 40 games (a 26 point pace).

Like I said, he's not a bad player.  Defensively he is excellent.  Just that between Garland and Mikheyev, I'd take Garland.  Garland brings way more to this team than Mikheyev.

Plays both special teams and in the top 6. Garland plays neither and 3rd line. Mik brings more...even recovering from injury with a slumping line mate they're only "close".

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I always wondered who chose the motorcycle? I know sales guys job is to sell bikes. But Bourdon was a beginner rider. I hope he didn't sell him on a bike he wasn't ready for.

That's why my first Motorcycle was a Ninja 250. Not enough to go crazy on, but so much fun.

he went head-on into a semi, don't think it was the bike. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd give him Horvat money. If you're going to overpay anywhere it may as well be to your top guys. Every contract isn't going to be a steal, and he has UFA leverage. 

He'd probably get Horvat money and similar term as a UFA imo. 

from a team that wants him on their first line, sure. 

if he wants the money and the pressure, he'll take the offer. if he'd rather play a little lower down and have a chance to win, maybe he takes less. 

swedes aren't usually greedy. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say that.  Kuz plus two prospects and two draft picks for a guy having his worst year with his current team. That's a lot.  Kuz was a 39 goal scorer

Yes and Lindholm was a 41 goal scorer 2 years ago...

juts is a throw in and so is the 4th...

So we are really down to the 1st (very late likely) and Hunter B.... 

They didn't have to sell Lindholm to Canucks, a divisional rival... Canucks probably had to add the pick and use HB for them to bite... They lost Zad for a 5th, and their fans might not have been happy, if they sold low on him to Canucks...

If he finds form and we do well in the play offs, it's been worth it. And if he does well and re-signs its actually a good bit of business for the near future.

Just now, aGENT said:

$9m to stay on a CAL team doing an impersonation of a toilet flushing. And player asks always start high, that's how negotiations work.

Plays both special teams and in the top 6. Garland plays neither and 3rd line. Mik brings more...even recovering from injury with a slumping line mate they're only "close".

Don't mistake Garland's line as the 3rd line and call him a 3rd line player.  That line IS the 2nd line on this team right now pending what Lindholm can do for the newly formed 2nd line.  That 2nd line of Mik-Petey-Kuz was dreadful, and the only reason we got anywhere in the standings was because the Garland line was scoring at an incredible clip (almost PPG for all 3 of them). 

Mik plays on the PP, plays/played with Petey, spent most of his time this season on the ice with Petey, Kuz, Hughes, and Hronek, but his production is still less than Garland.  You don't see anything wrong with that?  Meanwhile Garland spends almost all his time with Joshua, Blueger, Cole, and Myers and has out produced Mikheyev.  Hmmm....

Then you have Suter who spends a few games in the top 6 and produces 25% of the amount of points Mikheyev has all season...

Mikheyev is best suited for the 4th line right now.  Strong defensively, weak offensively.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could be if you're on a high horsepower bike and you lose control.

could be, but if memory serves it was chocked up to wind gusts and inexperience.  I don't ride though so I won't profess to be an expert.