[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

I'm going to suggest all this Garland versus Mikheyev stuff will be mostly settled after the all star break.

9 days off are going to do wonders for Mik, probably the best help for any player on the team. I think he should have actually been given 5 games off since his return, from knee surgery.

A large part of his game is speed and agility, both of which take a hit, and take time to totally recover

We are likely to see two or three weeks of prime Mik, then he will begin to slow down again.

Next year he will be ready to go the whole season at 1005, not the 90% he has played at, except for his first couple of weeks, which were good.

5 games off, timed to max his days off without a game, would have, imo been awesome for him.

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

How about this? 

Writing a fairy tale here but say we're up by 1 in the final 48 seconds of a Stanley cup deciding game. Our team is shorthanded and we are on a defensive zone draw. Other team has the goalie pulled to make it a 6 on 4. Faceoff is on the right dot. Every other centre on this team is left handed. Who do we send out there? 

I would think in this situation, it would be Lindholm taking the draw. Dependable 2 way centre and selke runner up with a 55 percent draw rate on his strong side for the draw and pk

Not disagreeing with you I already said he was a great fit for us. 

18 minutes ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I don’t think we can even consider re-signing everyone if we don’t move one. Garland has been amazing. I’d move Mikheyev unless he really steps back up. 

The good thing is, that we will have a post season under our belt to see who we need to keep and who is expendable.

I am open to anyone who helps us in the playoffs, have priority when it comes time to resigning.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yup.  100%.  I'm pretty sure the ones that don't like this trade have never watched Lindholm play.  He is an elite defensive player, even better than Petey, and can score 40 goals when playing when elite linemates.  He is also one of the best faceoff guys in the entire NHL.  

JR said they will be playing Petey and Lindholm together to form a formidable second line, which will probably be our top line IMO.  Lindholm is literally jizzing in his pants right now with the thought of playing with Petey.  We are easily the cup favourites with Lindholm in the lineup.  McDavid probably cried all night when he heard about the trade...

A line combination of Mikheyev, Pettersson, and Lindholm would be the best shutdown line we've had in years 

As a line that could be the first line, and that very likely would be going forward, at least the combo of Pettersson and Lindholm

One of them could win a Selke playing together 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Mikheyev gets traded before Garland I will change my avatar to a Garland pic for 3 months. If Garland gets traded before Mikheyev then you need to put a Mikheyev avatar on your profile for 3 months. If neither get traded we don’t need to do anything. 

Sounds good 👍 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'm going to suggest all this Garland versus Mikheyev stuff will be mostly settled after the all star break.

9 days off are going to do wonders for Mik, probably the best help for any player on the team. I think he should have actually been given 5 games off since his return, from knee surgery.

A large part of his game is speed and agility, both of which take a hit, and take time to totally recover

We are likely to see two or three weeks of prime Mik, then he will begin to slow down again.

Next year he will be ready to go the whole season at 1005, not the 90% he has played at, except for his first couple of weeks, which were good.

5 games off, timed to max his days off without a game, would have, imo been awesome for him.

Mikheyev should have had surgery at the beginning of last year right after the injury instead of trying to play through it. He would have been 100% healthy for training camp this year if he’d had done that. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

A line combination of Mikheyev, Pettersson, and Lindholm would be the best shutdown line we've had in years 

As a line that could be the first line, and that very likely would be going forward, at least the combo of Pettersson and Lindholm

One of them could win a Selke playing together 

Yup. And likely that is the line Tocchet puts together. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just checking cap friendly, we now have everyone with an NHL contract named Elias.

need to hire patrik elias as a scout so we can have 4 eliases with 3 different pronunciations. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland doesn’t play on the first unit PP. Garland and Mikheyev both play on the second unit. Garland only has one power play point this year, an assist. His shooting percentage is terrible at just over 7%. He takes a lot of shots and they almost never go in. 

Mikheyev isn’t any better on the PP but his shooting percentage is almost 11% and at least he kills penalties. 

I think the poster was saying Garland draws penalties to give PP1 more opportunities to score. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev should have had surgery at the beginning of last year right after the injury instead of trying to play through it. He would have been 100% healthy for training camp this year if he’d had done that. 

IMHAO Mik really takes off after the Allstar break. And flys through all four rounds of the playoffs. 

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

i want in on this action... I chose garland to be traded...

image.thumb.png.6873875060f2b0ac2b501636cd99e9b2.png   VS   image.thumb.png.41f043c73a061bc29bbe9ba38b1da3a2.png

Lol we're all wrong... according to this Mikheyev is a 3rd liner and Garland is a 4th liner 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Lol we're all wrong... according to this Mikheyev is a 3rd liner and Garland is a 4th liner 🤣

am I misreading things or is that just their way of measuring ice time?

I'm not defending some online trading card version of hockey analysis, but that's how I read what it was saying. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

ill defend the stats... stats are never wrong its all how you read them... Mikheyev is playing not as good against stronger opponents and Garland is mopping the floor against 3rd liners...

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Mik really takes off after the Allstar break. And flys through all four rounds of the playoffs. 

He will start racking up the points again with Petey and Lindholm. Unfortunately Kuzy was holding him

back as he had to play a more defensive role on that line. With Lindholm playing down low that will free up Mikheyev to play a more offensive role. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

am I misreading things or is that just their way of measuring ice time?

I'm not defending some online trading card version of hockey analysis, but that's how I read what it was saying. 

yes thats right... let me defend stats... im like the only that will... plus im not fazed about the grilling i will recieve...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He will start racking up the points again with Petey and Lindholm. Unfortunately Kuzy was holding him

back as he had to play a more defensive role on that line. With Lindholm playing down low that will free up Mikheyev to play a more offensive role. 

I agree... Mikheyev might play a ppg for a while if his knee is holding him back as @Gurn is suggesting, which i dont doubt a second...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yup. Tocchet knows he has Mik to balance out any line. Mik is like a modern day Bob Gainey. Super valuable player. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

yes thats right... let me defend stats... im like the only that will... plus im not fazed about the grilling i will recieve...

let me know when you can apply specific context to your stats and I'll start paying attention. 

• ThereItIs 1