[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

That's the thing... Lindholm isn't anywhere near as good, or consistent as Miller, regardless of JT's age. 

Lindholm is one year younger? 

Why would anyone disrespect Miller doing something ridiculous like that? 

Some are saying Calgary's having a shit year, so that reflects on EL, but... if he's so damn good, why isn't he carrying the Lames on his back?

He's their #1 C and only has 32 points in 49 games. That's a 9 mil a year player?

You'd have to be right out of your mind to even offer him anywhere near that. 

Let's see what he adds to our team first before speculating about insane numbers to sign him. 

Lindholm and Miller are different players with some similarities. No bones about it, Lindholm has demonstrated that he's a Selke caliber center. JT's improved his two-way play but Lindholm's two-way play has been his bread and butter for years. 

It's not disrespect, that's silly. That's like saying nobody in Pittsburgh should make more than Crosby's 8.7M despite his having signed his deal forever ago. The myth of top player setting some sort of bar is silly when the cap shifts contract realities every single time it goes up. 

Miller opted for long-term security instead of betting on himself the way Pettersson has, it is what it is. Doesn't mean that players can't and shouldn't earn more than him going forward. Pettersson will make more than Miller, Hughes will make more than Miller, Boeser could very well make more than Miller, Demko will almost certainly make more than Miller. It is what it is. That's no disrespect, it's the business. 

Lindholm could make anything from the range of 7.5-9M on the open market, there are teams out there who'd probably pay him to be their 1C, absolutely. And yeah, top end UFA's get paid, they always have. He'd be the best center available. If he takes 8M to stay in Vancouver we should be thrilled.

As the cap goes up the numbers are just going to keep getting bigger, Hughes should probably make 12M+ by the time he's up for renewal. 

32 minutes ago, BPA said:

I can see both Mik and/or Garland being traded next year.  Provided that Bains and/or Podz step it up and make the team.

Yes, let's open that can of worms. Let's, let's, let's!

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. And likely that is the line Tocchet puts together. 

It's the line that makes the most sense. Miller has Boeser as his triggerman, now Pettersson gets a defensively sound running mate who's proven he can play with elite talent in the past. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Guys, we just traded for our last major piece of the puzzle. This team is now pretty much complete. 

We are going ALL IN. We are going for the cup. 

I have goosebumps right now. I can’t believe this is even real after the last 9 years. 

This is like 1994 and 2011 all over again. Fuck me. I’m speechless…

IMG_0571.gif

Ive been through 82; 94 and 2011    Im to afraid to get excited. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Guys, we just traded for our last major piece of the puzzle. This team is now pretty much complete. 

I have goosebumps right now. I can’t believe this is even real after the last 9 years. 

IMG_0571.gif

We're not quite all-in, just a hefty raise drawing on the nut flush. We still got stacks left.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_0571.gif

It’s kind of incredible how quickly JR/Allvin turned this franchise around after the horrible Benning era. IMHAO the OELevator buyout (thank you Mr. Aquilini) was the key. Dumperooing that guy was huge. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_0571.gif

I was thinking that this kind of reminds me of when the raptors traded for Kawhi Leonard ahead of their championship run. The one piece that brought them over the top, what they gave up was substantial but he made the difference they needed. Exciting times are ahead 😁

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

Ive been through 82; 94 and 2011    Im to afraid to get excited. 

I was around for 82 as well. 1994 I was the most excited. I thought we had a real shot in game 7. 

IMO, with Lindholm on the team I think this may be the best Vancouver Canucks team ever. We didn’t have Hughes in 1994 or 2011. We now have our Ryan Kesler. I think 2024 is the year. I think this is it. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_0571.gif

I'm cautiously optimistic. It's as good a bet as any, but my expectations are tempered, we just saw an all-time record setting Bruins team get punted in the first round last season. 

Bets are off come playoff time, it's a different animal, all one can do is hope for the best. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s kind of incredible how quickly JR/Allvin turned this franchise around after the horrible Benning era. IMHAO the OELevator buyout (thank you Mr. Aquilini) was the key. Dumperooing that guy was huge. 

I still can’t believe OEL had an elevator in his house. That is probably the funniest thing I have ever read on CDC.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_0571.gif

Until the regular season is done, I’ll be a little more apprehensive. This club rarely escapes the injury bug. If Hughes gets any kind of lengthy injury, our odds go down the drain.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was around for 82 as well. 1994 I was the most excited. I thought we had a real shot in game 7. 

IMO, with Lindholm on the team I think this may be the best Vancouver Canucks team ever. We didn’t have Hughes in 1994 or 2011. We now have our Ryan Kesler. I think 2024 is the year. I think this is it. 

Yup. In 82 the islanders had Potvin. In ‘94 the Rangers had Leetch. In 2011 the Bruins had Chara. In 2024 we have Hughes. We finally have the key piece to winning the Cup. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

let me know when you can apply specific context to your stats and I'll start paying attention. 

I can... but that takes time and someone to actually belive and unserstand the stats i mention... generally I dont Use WAR... I hate it it because its just a whole bunch of stats combined... its juts like RAWDOG  that paul bisonnette uses...

I like using TOI and quality of competition/teamates plus most of those other stats like G,A,P S%,shots and their Shot location (go to the net and get rewarded), hitting, blocked shots, PIM drawn/taken (majors are huge positives, minors are defensive positives and offensive negative's), speed bursts over 20 mph giveaway/takeaway ratios... I also have my own metric for measuring faceoffs... and how they add to defense and offense (yes they have significant value, but not nuetral zone wins they have value less than a takeaway) there are more...

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_0571.gif

I still think we need another top quality dman of a similar calibre to Hronek but other than that, yes, I think we might see something special in these coming months.

I’d personally feel better with one final deal with Calgary involving Andersson or Tanev (with Myers+ going the other way) but will be at peace if we see no more transactions from here on out (although I do have concerns if we lose Quinn Hughes to long term injury).

-If we acquire Tanev = same level as 2011

-If we acquire Andersson = we surpass our 2011 team.

But again, just my opinion.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, tas said:

let me know when you can apply specific context to your stats and I'll start paying attention. 

choose a player and ill do a report for you... it will take me hours so please dont troll if you dont care...

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

I can... but that takes time and someone to actually belive and unserstand the stats i mention... generally I dont Use WAR... I hate it it because its just a whole bunch of stats combined... its juts like RAWDOG  that paul bisonnette uses...

I like using TOI and quality of competition/teamates plus most of those other stats like G,A,P S%,shots and their Shot location (go to the net and get rewarded), hitting, blocked shots, PIM drawn/taken (majors are huge positives, minors are defensive positives and offensive negative's), speed bursts over 20 mph giveaway/takeaway ratios... I also have my own metric for measuring faceoffs... and how they add to defense and offense (yes they have significant value, but not nuetral zone wins they have value less than a takeaway) there are more...

I feel like you should be starting by analyzing the actual play on the ice and then use numbers to quantify the patterns you've established, rather than attempting the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

choose a player and ill do a report for you... it will take me hours so please dont troll if you dont care...

Question regarding your signature block...do you mean Hughes is runner and winner of the Norris and not the Selke?

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

good choice, this will actually be a challenging one... and if my stats would fail this would be it...

if you lead with stats you're gonna lose me in a hurry. talk hockey to me baby. use the numbers to prove your point.