[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

8 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

choose a player and ill do a report for you... it will take me hours so please dont troll if you dont care...

4 minutes ago, tas said:

brock boeser. 

3 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

good choice, this will actually be a challenging one... and if my stats would fail this would be it...

Wow This is awesome..

Where will we be able to look at you're finished report..

• Haha 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Wow This is awesome..

Where will we be able to look at you're finished report..

I'm just hoping he'll also do my taxes and bring me a beer. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is the best player we’ve ever had. He is the guy who leads us to multiple Cups. 
I think fans just don’t realize how special a player Hughes is. He’s not Orr but he’s the closest I’ve seen for controlling the game. 

Hughes is definitely in the Sedins/Bure category for me in terms of importance….maybe more as you believe.

Either way, I agree with you 1000% that Hughes is an extremely special talent.

One major thing that I disagree with many posters on here, is that….

1. We are now on par with 2011 and have nothing left to add.

or

2. We should still add another top 6 forward like Guentzel

I just don’t see it like that.  Unlike our 2011 team where any one injury to any one player wouldn’t sink us (ie Hank, Dan, Kes. etc), I think this current team will be significantly affected if Hughes got injured for a long time.

As a result, I still think we need a guy like Tanev or Andersson to form a new top pairing with Hronek just incase something like that happened.

If Hughes were to get injured long term and we were forced to form a top pairing of Soucy/Myers/Zadorov/Cole with Hronek, our cup aspirations would

be over.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The one intangible with Garland that I like is that he puts our potent PP into action pretty frequently.  In the playoffs that will be huge.  

Problem being, whistles go away in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was around for 82 as well. 1994 I was the most excited. I thought we had a real shot in game 7. 

IMO, with Lindholm on the team I think this may be the best Vancouver Canucks team ever. We didn’t have Hughes in 1994 or 2011. We now have our Ryan Kesler. I think 2024 is the year. I think this is it. 

The 2011 team, on pure talent, should have won and won easily.  Injuries and the refs putting their whistles away did us in. 

This group has the same talent up front but with more depth - 3 excellent lines and a very good 4th line. 

A better top pair than 2011 and while the rest aren’t as skilled, they’re a bunch of giants and all *good* 4-5 players. 

Demko will never have Luongo’s career but he’s shown to be just as good in key games.

We stack up pretty darn well.  

Also, we also don’t have a dynasty team like Chicago that always has our number to beat.. but in 2011 I wasn’t too worried about Nashville or San Jose.  

This year teams like Vegas, LA and Winnipeg will be brutal 7 games series’ to survive.   And the Oilers and Avalanche could beat anyone if their stars get hot. Feels like a tougher road potentially. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Not sure why some people are hyping Mikheyev. The guy is a great 3rd liner, average at best 2nd liner if that even. He’s never scored more than 32 points. Doesn’t even scream 2nd line player to me.

If Mikheyev can chip in the odd goal while riding shotgun with Miller/Boeser or Pettersson/Lindholm, while simultaneously being the defensive conscience on one of those lines, then that’s fine with me.  

Mikheyev is offensively inconsistent and needs good linemates but he’s defensively exceptional.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

If Mikheyev can chip in the odd goal while riding shotgun with Miller/Boeser or Pettersson/Lindholm, while simultaneously being the defensive conscience on one of those lines, then that’s fine with me.  

Mikheyev is offensively inconsistent and needs good linemates but he’s defensively exceptional.

Yup. Unlike Benning/Brod new management has a plan. Mik was brought in early but is part of a greater plan. He’s exactly what you describe. Fans need to realize that this management builds their club by adding key parts when those parts are available. Mik is the key part you point out put. He’s a complimentary piece on a top six line. Management got him to play that role. Now they have Lindholm coming in two years later. But it’s all connected. Very smart management. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We didn't have a Hughes in 2011, not even close.  He makes up for like 2-3 guys.  So I would argue that our defence in 2024 is better than in 2011..

As for the forwards, we have a better group this year with Lindholm than in 2011 as well.

Sedin         Sedin      Burrows

Raymond   Kesler    Samuelsson

Pettersson   Lindholm   Mikheyev

Suter            Miller         Boeser

We have 4 star forwards in 2024, we only had 3 in 2011.  Lindholm is our Kesler.  So that frees up Miller to be a Sedin along with Petey.  Plus we also have Boeser.  We didn't have a potential 50 goal scorer in 2011.

Our 3rd line is also better in 2024 than in 2011.

This 2024 team is the best team in Vancouver Canucks history.  No doubt in my mind...

I had this same discussion in my head with myself today. I totally agree.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I couldn't disagree more. Myers plays more mins than any D not named Hughes Hronek. He is is well respected by the coaching and the players in the room and a BC Okanagan resident. I would love to see Myers re signed 2m x 3  or 2.5 x 2. I get that 6m was a contract he never lived up to but he's far from rubbish. I think a lot of playoff teams around the league would jump at a deal for him 50% retained. 

Fair enough. To each their own. I'm part of the crowd who was begging for him to be shot to the moon the last couple of years. I don't really care that he is playing better now it just feels like a hockey mistake to force ourselves back into a situation where just 3 months ago people were talking about attaching a first to get out from under that contract. Not to mention it's a contract year for him. Once he gets a 2 or 3 year deal he has no incentive not to routinely make the boneheaded plays he's best known for.

Having said that I did like him on Winnipeg as a third defender where he doesn't stand out so much. But that was $30 million and 4 bad years of hockey ago. Either way I'm not on a rage to bash him to the ground and lead the protest. I'll let PA and JR make that decision, but I think they're smarter than that and they will look for a better player given the opportunity to do so. Living in the Okanagan means nothing in terms of how good a hockey player is. Not sure why you mentioned that part.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We didn't have a Hughes in 2011, not even close.  He makes up for like 2-3 guys.  So I would argue that our defence in 2024 is better than in 2011..

As for the forwards, we have a better group this year with Lindholm than in 2011 as well.

We have 4 star forwards in 2024, we only had 3 in 2011.  Lindholm is our Kesler.  So that frees up Miller to be a Sedin along with Petey.  Plus we also have Boeser.  We didn't have a potential 50 goal scorer in 2011.

This 2024 team is the best team in Vancouver Canucks history.  No doubt in my mind...

Yup. Quinn Hughes is the key. We’ve had great clubs but always list to the team that had a great D man. Now we have the great D man. Any club we go up against we will have the best D man. Sabres got Dahlin at 11.25 and we have Quinn for 7.8. Holy shit! U I s there any wonder why we are great and the Sabres suck pucks? Dahlin😂

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Fair enough. To each their own. I'm part of the crowd who was begging for him to be shot to the moon the last couple of years. I don't really care that he is playing better now it just feels like a hockey mistake to force ourselves back into a situation where just 3 months ago people were talking about attaching a first to get out from under that contract. Not to mention it's a contract year for him. Once he gets a 2 or 3 year deal he has no incentive not to routinely make the boneheaded plays he's best known for.

Having said that I did like him on Winnipeg as a third defender where he doesn't stand out so much. But that was $30 million and 4 bad years of hockey ago. Either way I'm not on a rage to bash him to the ground and lead the protest. I'll let PA and JR make that decision, but I think they're smarter than that and they will look for a better player given the opportunity to do so. Living in the Okanagan means nothing in terms of how good a hockey player is. Not sure why you mentioned that part.

Sounds to me like you hated the contract more than the player. And rightfully so.

I think if he comes back it's on a 1 or 2 year deal, can't see us signing a 34 year old to a 3 year deal. The number should be around  3-3.5 on a hometown discount.

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Problem being, whistles go away in the playoffs.

Then they come back again for a period to fuck the game flow before going away again. 

Surprising amount of minor penalties called last year though...

https://www.nhl.com/stats/teams?report=penalties&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20222023&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=3&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=minors&page=0&pageSize=50

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pacioretty would be a good add.

Could fit him in without moving cap and he shouldn’t cost too much.

Pacioretty Miller Boeser

Lindholm Pettersson Mikheyev

Kessel is another guy and we wouldn't have to spend assets to acquire. 

• Like 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Kessel is another guy and we wouldn't have to spend assets to acquire. 

I just wonder what kinda shape he’s in after being out this long.

Id rather spend the picks for Pacioretty.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Tocchet commented on Kessel today.

Said he talked with Keller(who's close friends will Kessel) and Keller said Phil is skating a ton and staying in shape in Arizona. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our 3rd and 4th line are better than the 2011 team, and so is our depth. When injuries hit, we ended up with Bolduc, Rookie Hodgson and Tanev, Tambellini, Oreskovich, Glass…

If injuries hit, this team right now has Juulsen, Podkolzin, Friedman, PDG, Karlsson, Wolanin, Hirose, McWard (and others) that could all fill a gap.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tocchet commented on Kessel today.

Said he talked with Keller(who's close friends will Kessel) and Keller said Phil is skating a ton and staying in shape in Arizona. 

Kessel has 83 points in 100 career playoff games.  Never put much thought into him but might be a veteran add who has produced in the past...provided he's in shape.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pacioretty has played a total of 104 games over the past 4 seasons, although he does have 98 points.  Durability might be as issue.