[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tocchet commented on Kessel today.

Said he talked with Keller(who's close friends will Kessel) and Keller said Phil is skating a ton and staying in shape in Arizona. 

Being in shape and being in hockey shape are two different things though.

Cant see him not struggling hard down the stretch when teams have ramped up the intensity.

Im in favour of bringing him in if costs on other players are too high. But he needs to be way down the list of plans. We need big body players that can get to the net.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Kessel has 83 points in 100 career playoff games.  Never put much thought into him but might be a veteran add who has produced in the past...provided he's in shape.

Could be a better option than Suter in the top 6. Allows Suter to center a line and he's had moments with Lafferty/Hogs on the 4th line. Suter also wins more draws and is more refined atm than the youngster Aman.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Being in shape and being in hockey shape are two different things though.

Cant see him not struggling hard down the stretch when teams have ramped up the intensity.

Im in favour of bringing him in if costs on other players are too high. But he needs to be way down the list of plans. We need big body players that can get to the net.

If you want big body that can play in top 6 Tarasenko would probably be the best option. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If you want big body that can play in top 6 Tarasenko would probably be the best option. 

Mantha is a huge body that can play top 6 but his contract is ugly.  Kubalik is somewhat cheap and decently sized but his +/- over his career has been terrible.  Monahan has good size and can play all 3 forward positions.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think they spent all their expendables on Lindholm

Now it's a combo of dpetey, wiilander or lek and one of hogs or podz probably 

I feel like Vatrano could be had for Pdkolzin and a 2nd. I like Podz but I'd actually be willing to make that deal. Vatrano is signed for another year at a great cap hit and would be amazing alongside Petey or Miller.

1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Or maybe Toffoli?

If we re-sign Lindholm I definitely want to bring Toffoli back. 

Lindholm has had chemistry with Toffoli last year and Petey has had chemistry with Toffoli in the past as well.

Could make for a great line.

Depends if Devils give up on playoffs before the deadline. Toffoli might be costly though he is having a decent year. 20 goals so far. 

Still would target him as a UFA if we plan to keep Lindholm. Get rid of Mikheyev or Garland if you have to. Probably save cap with Tofu as a replacement. 

12 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I feel like Vatrano could be had for Pdkolzin and a 2nd. I like Podz but I'd actually be willing to make that deal. Vatrano is signed for another year at a great cap hit and would be amazing alongside Petey or Miller.

He's apparently pretty good friends with Petey, too.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was around for 82 as well. 1994 I was the most excited. I thought we had a real shot in game 7. 

IMO, with Lindholm on the team I think this may be the best Vancouver Canucks team ever. We didn’t have Hughes in 1994 or 2011. We now have our Ryan Kesler. I think 2024 is the year. I think this is it. 

One element that Kesler had was he was a huge prick when he was on the ice. I wish we had someone like that. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

8ef3zq.jpg.4f9b8d1867f2a8c28cffc16795bdfb8c.jpg

Fuck the media ... except Kevin Bieksa, Juice can stay ... Shorty is cool as well, perhaps one or two more at most.

Edited by Rocket-68

49 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

And he is my cousin ... a few times removed of course ... we share the same last name and trace back far enough to say "hey cuz, come put on a Canucks uniform."

🤪

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

@tas OK I KNOW YOU SAID LETS TALK HOCKEY OKAY>>>>>

So most of this is just ******** if that's what you wanna ******* know I use this stuff to quantify people that I don't get a chance to watch... Normally I would never do one on my own team players right because I watched them... But if it was coming down to like a nitty gritty fricking thing between trading one player versus another player I might pull out some stats and just ******* pull something out of my *** I mean hat and whip around some numbers and look all magical to my friends or boss or whoever... I compared brock besser to a few players nathan mckinnon and jt miller which was basically the top two players I could find for scoring and and speed and even strength scoring.... Jt and and and brock are like the best shutdown line in the league right now and it would be a shame if jt miller is not recognized for the selke this year... Anyways here's my report brock is good if you want me to explain the stat I don't know they're kind of self-explanatory probably not...

Brock Boeser - 2023-24 Season Report Card Summary

Offensive Performance:

• Goals (G): 150 points (5 points each x 30)
  • Assists (A): 66 points (3 points each x 22)
  • Total Offensive Performance Score: 216/250 (87%)

Even-Strength Performance:

• Even-Strength Points (EVP): 180 points (5 points each x 36)
  • Plus/Minus (+/-): +20 points
  • Penalties Drawn: +6 points (2 points each x 3)
  • Penalties Taken: -2 points (-1 point each x 2)
  • Giveaways: -15 points (-1 point each x 15)
  • Takeaways: +20 points (1 point each x 20)
  • Hits: +11 points (0.5 points each x 22)
  • Blocked Shots: +9 points (0.5 points each x 18)
  • Faceoff Wins: +6 points (1 point each x 6)
  • Faceoff Losses: -9 points (-1 point each x 9)
  • Total Even-Strength Performance Score: 226/240 (94%)

Speed Performance:

• 22+ mph Bursts: 2 points (1 point each x 2)
  • 20-22 mph Bursts: 23 points (0.5 points each x 46)
  • 18-20 mph Bursts: 19.6 points (0.1 points each x 196)
  • Max Speed Adjustment: 22 points
  • Total Speed Performance Score: 66.6/479 (14%)

Overall Adjustments:

• Quality of Competition Bonus: +106 points
  • Teammates Penalty: -68 points

Final Score:

• Total Score: 264/300 (88%)
  • Comparison: Compared vs JT Miller for even-strength performance.

Notes:

• Brock's faceoff performance includes a higher percentage in the offensive zone, indicating his role in offensive situations despite defensive responsibilities.
  • Despite a defensive-leaning TOI ratio, Boeser and JT Miller take 3% more shots than expected.

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'm concerned about keeping this team together with the cap. 

I think this is a situation that rarely comes, when we actually have a shot at the cup. A 100% legit shot. When these opportunities happen, you just go all in, and worry about the cap next year. If we win the cup, there will be zero hurt feelings loosing some players due to cap. If we play it safe, loose in the first couple rounds, and things don't go so well next year, who knows when that window will open again. All sighs are suggesting its this year, keep the talent coming in Pat and Jim!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We didn't have a Hughes in 2011, not even close.  He makes up for like 2-3 guys.  So I would argue that our defence in 2024 is better than in 2011..

As for the forwards, we have a better group this year with Lindholm than in 2011 as well.

Sedin         Sedin      Burrows

Raymond   Kesler    Samuelsson

Pettersson   Lindholm   Mikheyev

Suter            Miller         Boeser

We have 4 star forwards in 2024, we only had 3 in 2011.  Lindholm is our Kesler.  So that frees up Miller to be a Sedin along with Petey.  Plus we also have Boeser.  We didn't have a potential 50 goal scorer in 2011.

Our 3rd line is also better in 2024 than in 2011.

This 2024 team is the best team in Vancouver Canucks history.  No doubt in my mind...

Good arguments but I think it’s kind of a double-edged sword with Hughes. 

If Hughes were to go down with injuries long term, this Canuck team would *immediately* go from being an elite team to a 10-13 calibre team since one of Myers, Zadorov, Cole, or Soucy would need to form a new top pairing with Hronek (which as a whole, would be a sub-par top pairing for an elite team).

With the addition of Lindholm, the Canucks *might* now have two potentially elite scoring lines but we will have to see how it plays out. 

Back in 2011, the Canucks had two elite scoring lines, the best PP, AND the best PK.  Our current time, while good, does not have this accolade (as of right now).  

In 2011, we also had two legit PP lines that we could throw out.  We don’t have that at current.

Lastly, in 2011, almost every single hockey pundit picked us as the cup favorites whereas with the current environment, I don’t think most hockey pundits would label us as the odds on cup favorites despite our #1 rank.

In 2011, you are correct that we didn’t have a defensemen of the calibre of Hughes, but we basically had 6 dmen of Hronek’s calibre (Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Erhoff, Salo).  

In other words, the Canucks wouldn’t be sunk if any one of these guys got injured.  In 2024 however, we would be significantly hampered if Hughes were to go down with injury.

Thats why I still believe that….

-acquiring Tanev = same level as 2011

-acquiring Andersson = our team becomes better than our 2011 team.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

23 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No.

Fans really need to watch these prospects and not just stat watch.

Thinking Brzustewicz could be ready in two years tells me you know nothing about his game. He is extremely talented offensively but a long term project defensively.

Would be nice if they watch stats .But no.They watch bloggers and self proclaimed know how

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tocchet commented on Kessel today.

Said he talked with Keller(who's close friends will Kessel) and Keller said Phil is skating a ton and staying in shape in Arizona. 

There it is, we are getting Phil.