[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes. These trades JR has made has a lot to do with his reputation as an honest straight shooter. He doesn't play games. Doesn't try to rip off other GMs.

He knows what his team needs, he knows what player he wants and goes after him..

He makes a fair offer. His reputation makes a lot of good things happen for his teams.

That's why he's a 3 time Cup champion as a manager..

Soon to be 4 times...

Really giving Allvin a lot of love here. :classic_ninja: The actual manager.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

had a few days to digest the trade and im loving it more and more. Like i said earlier in the thread the fact this got done early and before some other teams could jump in makes it an even better trade for us. With 33 games left we only need 29 points to hit 100. that should be very achievable. 

Lindholm gives us a dramatic upgrade at faceoffs and defense from the center position. He very likely finds his offensive game with this team playing with much better players than he was in Calgary. 

Reading through some want to see Hogs or Pods on the second line. I like where each of those players are right now.  I think we need to find some truculence in a vetr forward that has a bit of edge to him. I know Ottawa has Giroux locked up long term but id love to see if the Canucks could pry him away. 

Alex Tuch would be fun to see play with the 2nd line as well. Maybe Mik straight up? 

They need some snarl up front. Miller can be that guy a bit but he is too valuable to want stirring the pot. We need him on the ice.

Someone suggested Maroon but i dont think he is the guy anymore . Too slow for this team. Any other thoughts?

All those who want more deals.  Now it's one of or combo of podz, hogz, willander, lek or dpetey

1 hour ago, Mikeyman109 said:

had a few days to digest the trade and im loving it more and more. Like i said earlier in the thread the fact this got done early and before some other teams could jump in makes it an even better trade for us. With 33 games left we only need 29 points to hit 100. that should be very achievable. 

Lindholm gives us a dramatic upgrade at faceoffs and defense from the center position. He very likely finds his offensive game with this team playing with much better players than he was in Calgary. 

Reading through some want to see Hogs or Pods on the second line. I like where each of those players are right now.  I think we need to find some truculence in a vetr forward that has a bit of edge to him. I know Ottawa has Giroux locked up long term but id love to see if the Canucks could pry him away. 

Alex Tuch would be fun to see play with the 2nd line as well. Maybe Mik straight up? 

They need some snarl up front. Miller can be that guy a bit but he is too valuable to want stirring the pot. We need him on the ice.

Someone suggested Maroon but i dont think he is the guy anymore . Too slow for this team. Any other thoughts?

Why would Buffalo swap Tuck for Mikheyev?  He's the superior player, hasn't been injured for most of the last 2 seasons, abd is a local guy who actually wants to be there.  Plus, Mikheyev has a 12 team NTC. Why would he waive to go from a cup contender to a bottom 10 team? 

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

All those who want more deals.  Now it's one of or combo of podz, hogz, willander, lek or dpetey

We will bring in a journeyman D (just for playoff depth) and the cost will be one of our fifth rounders. 

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Really giving Allvin a lot of love here. :classic_ninja: The actual manager.

It's all JR my friend.  PA is doing a great job. But these deals are happening because JR is here. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd probably be okay with Pods ... but not the rest. However, not sure Pods even has that much value.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

This team with Lindholm is already stacked. What we need  are a couple more dependable veterans for depth and that’s it. Won’t need to give up any of our top prospects or Hogz for that. It doesn’t feel like another really big move is needed, and I always worry about messing too much with a very good thing. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, The Duke said:

I’d still stand by the idea that Allvin/JR inherited a top shelf core of players.. but adding both Hronek and now Lindholm in 2 years on top of the amazing job in the bottom 6/defence/backup goalie department is just mind boggling.

Time will tell if it’s all worth it but at this juncture I’d say we’ve never seen this masterclass in team building in the last few decades.  Maybe Quinn putting together the 94 group.  But I think the amount of firepower being brought in likely surpasses the amazing job Gillis did for 2011.  

They have definitely built up quality depth at each level of the organization. It has been an impressive 2 year turn around.

• Cheers 1

So I'm really excited and counting down the days to Lindholm's debut with the Canucks. I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are with line combinations?

Judging from his success in 2021-2022 I think we want to try to replicate the conditions that allowed him to thrive. First of all I don't think the lotto line will be re-united as Lindholm can not be the play-driver on his line. He needs elite talent to utilize his best attributes. He finds open space, similar to how Horvat would and gets those snipes off. He needs an elite passer so I'm certain he will be primarily playing with Pettersson. The question then becomes, does Mikheyev compliment that line? I'm not so sure. While he is fast, I'm not exactly sure he's a "F1" type of forward who can battle hard in the corners. Furthermore, he hasn't really shown much offensive ability and we don't need three "defensively" minded forwards on the same line. Pettersson and Lindholm are not F1 forwards either either so in order for that line to succeed, I believe they need an agitating forechecker. I would put Hoglander on that line to see what he can do. He comes away with the puck majority of the time although that's under limited minutes. I wonder though if Hoglander would be able to sustain that level of play with nearly double the ice-time. If the third line was able to be split up, I'd also consider throwing Joshua up on the first line as well, just to see how well he gels. If he is able to elevate his play and score a lot of goals down the stretch, perhaps Joshua is worth an extension in the 3-4 mill range.

I am not sure what people are cheering about this trade.

Sure Lindholm is a good player... but Kuzmenko, two other players, a first rounder and a 4th rounder?

Plus his contract expires in 2024....  WTF?????

Woah.... that is....  EXPENSIVE and SHORT-TERM.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sure Lindholm is a good player... but Kuzmenko, two other players, a first rounder and a 4th rounder?

oh, because most fans like winning hockey games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Expensive...not really for a late 1st/2nd and HB well we'll see.

20 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Rental perhaps but undoubtably IT'S CHIPS ON THE TABLE TIME!

Edited by Catman

Hog EP EL

Suter JT BB

Garland Blueger Joshua 

Mik Aman Lafferty 

I would like to see the Swedes together and then you have a fast line with Mik and Lafferty.  If we can pick up one more solid winger for Miller's line you can move Suter with Mik and have Aman as an injury replacement.  We can roll 4 lines and I don't think you even need to number them as they are all capable. 

• Like 1

It was sad to see Kuzmenko go, but it just wasn’t working with him and Tocchet. I’m good with the trade. You’ve got to pay to play. I just hope there’s some good gel with Lindholm. He’s been on a stanky Flames team all year and not his best season, so hopefully he can reset.

57 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

A late 1st

A healthy scratch

An overrated prospect 

A never gonna make it prospect

Conditional 4th

For

Calgarys best centre

hmmmmm not sure what the problem is here…. Why are we always complaining lol I understand this is a forum but cmon wake up and smell the roses. 

I loved having Kuzy on our team but I want us to have the best chance to win it all when it matters. We have 7 centres in our lineup right now with 3 of them (Petey, Miller and Lindy) that could be first line centres on most teams in the NHL lol let’s goooooo stop thinking we gave up too much!

Go Canucks! :towel:

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

A late 1st

A healthy scratch

An overrated prospect 

A never gonna make it prospect

Conditional 4th

For

Calgarys best centre

hmmmmm not sure what the problem is here…. Why are we always complaining lol I understand this is a forum but cmon wake up and smell the roses. 

I loved having Kuzy on our team but I want us to have the best chance to win it all when it matters. We have 7 centres in our lineup right now with 3 of them (Petey, Miller and Lindy) that could be first line centres on most teams in the NHL lol let’s goooooo stop thinking we gave up too much!

Go Canucks! :towel:

If Kuz was a healthy scratch during regular season, what would be his role in playoffs?

”God bless him, I’ll drive him to airport”

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I could see podkolzin or pettersson the 2nd, but I can't see allvin viewing any further potential upgrade this year being worth the others. they already got their main target. 

I almost hope they move pettersson just out of empathy for shorty.