[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

16 hours ago, stawns said:

All those who want more deals.  Now it's one of or combo of podz, hogz, willander, lek or dpetey

I disagree there are other options to make a deal and always the future considerations. Maybe a 2025 pick. and Moving Podkolzin would not break me. the other three we really need to hang onto.

16 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Why would Buffalo swap Tuck for Mikheyev?  He's the superior player, hasn't been injured for most of the last 2 seasons, abd is a local guy who actually wants to be there.  Plus, Mikheyev has a 12 team NTC. Why would he waive to go from a cup contender to a bottom 10 team? 

Obviously we would have to sweeten the deal. If this truly is the year we go all in we go all in. Tuch is a solid winger and adds something Mik doesnt. a bit of edge. Im not saying thats who we can get but it would be a nice add. We need some pushback up front. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, dumping Podz at this point seems like an incredibly silly idea. He can be useful on any line, and he is exactly the type of player we need in the playoffs.

He could definitely be the wild card in the black aces if we ran into injuries.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I have to agree with (Sat? Drance? Someone anyways..) who basically said PA will likely stand pat for awhile to see what the team looks like with Lindholm. 

Can’t see them rushing another trade right away.  This was a team already playing really well… they made one big move for a key piece, moving out the one guy who was in the doghouse.  

If we do anything else I’d say it’s a deadline move for some depth if anything.

You just look at our remaining assets and it's pretty clear, the big moves are likely done. 

I guess that could change if prices come down? Id like to see one more gritty forward or 4c but not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, dumping Podz at this point seems like an incredibly silly idea. He can be useful on any line, and he is exactly the type of player we need in the playoffs.

We should bring him up. He'll need time to adjust and I'd rather see that now vs a playoff emergency.

• Cheers 1

Sportnet article suggests that not only is Lindholm here for an all-in SC run, but as a plan B in case Petey won’t resign. Obviously, Lindholm isnt equivalent to Petey, but it eases the pain (a bit) if he bolts. Anyone buy that as reasoning by PA?

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I have to agree with (Sat? Drance? Someone anyways..) who basically said PA will likely stand pat for awhile to see what the team looks like with Lindholm. 

Can’t see them rushing another trade right away.  This was a team already playing really well… they made one big move for a key piece, moving out the one guy who was in the doghouse.  

100% agree 

JR and PA both said they want to see what the team looks like now 

of course they will remain interested in  Tanev and will go hard after him this offseason 

• Cheers 1

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Sportnet article suggests that not only is Lindholm here for an all-in SC run, but as a plan B in case Petey won’t resign. Obviously, Lindholm isnt equivalent to Petey, but it eases the pain (a bit) if he bolts. Anyone buy that as reasoning by PA?

Did PA actually say that Lindholm is plan B if Petey doesn't sign? I dont' remember him saying that. 

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

JR acknowledged this in an interview this week to sone degree but said we are getting way ahead of ourselves 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You just look at our remaining assets and it's pretty clear, the big moves are likely done. 

I guess that could change if prices come down? Id like to see one more gritty forward or 4c but not holding my breath.

I think moving forward from here to the deadline, it's probably quiet for us. Depends on what the Vegas' and the Colorado's do for the playoff run. If they're adding pieces, we probably need to as well. But I think more than not, I agree, it's probably depth pieces for the team moving forward. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Did PA actually say that Lindholm is plan B if Petey doesn't sign? I dont' remember him saying that. 

No, he didnt. PA said something like ‘there’s a path to keep both’. The article speculates that it may also be insurance in case Petey bolts.

So much can happen between now and the end of the season. I get all the questions regarding who to sign and who to let go, but a lot of scenarios can happen between now and when this stuff actually matters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I could see an upgrade on Friedman or PDG/Karlsson. We have a million and change in cap space, could swap one for a 3-4 mil player if there is 50% retention.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

We have a ton of cap space this off season, could easily sign Lindy if they prioritize him over the UFAs.

I would personally look at signing lindy and moving brock out in the summer (this would of course depend on lindy performance this year) for a young top 4 on a cheap contract or futures that can get you that. If you take personal attachment out of the equation it's a pretty obvious choice, a 30 goal winger for a 30 goal former selke nominee center plus a nice piece for the future.

As I said it depends on the fit, there are obviously other pieces that can move out to make it work as well. Selling brock at his 40ish goal peak would be maximum value for sure.

17 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I could see an upgrade on Friedman or PDG/Karlsson. We have a million and change in cap space, could swap one for a 3-4 mil player if there is 50% retention.

I want Bjugstad. Good enough to play a complementary role in the top 6, good size, solid 2 way play, another RH'd C option, C depth in case of injuries... And he's on a reasonable deal for another year and would be a built in replacement for 3C next year, assuming Blueger goes on to greener ($$$) pastures.

Mik, Pettersson, Lindholm

Bjugstad, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Hoglander, Suter, Lafferty

Aman

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I want Bjugstad. Good enough to play a complementary role in the top 6, good size, solid 2 way play, another RH'd C option, C depth in case of injuries... And he's on a reasonable deal for another year and would be a built in replacement for 3C next year, assuming Blueger goes on to greener ($$$) pastures.

Bjugstad, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Aman

He would be a great piece to plug in but it depends on the cost. Now that Lindholm and Monahan are off the market I'm sure his price tag went up.

After the conditional pick in the lindholm deal we essentially lost 2 picks for trade chips. We only have our 4th, two 6ths and a 7th left. We also don't have any 3rd round picks to trade over the next 3 drafts. Probably looking at bargain bin pending UFAs from the bottom of the trade board.

47 minutes ago, The Duke said:

this is very likey the outcome we will see... good take

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Bjugstad, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Aman

What is PDG's timeline? I don't know if many remember, but Tocchet did say he likes Karlsson's game too. Aman has been sneaky good too.

53 minutes ago, The Duke said:

PA literally said that in an interview adter the trade.

He wants to spend a couple weeks or so seeing how things shake out adding Lindholm and then they will review things.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think his injury has been lingering, hasn't it? 

He's not himself that's for sure. 

I dont think he is hurt i think he has been playing a more defensive game for sure. But again someone may have to go to get someone we need , He would be one i wouldnt mind seeing them trade if we get the right piece back. Again everyone has their own ideas on what we should do. Adding a solid winger with some feistiness would go a long way but again it may take more than we are willing to give up to get Tuch. Lots of players id like to see us add  but not many we wont have to trade something to get something.

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

He could definitely be the wild card in the black aces if we ran into injuries.

Moving any player is always dependant on what the return is. So many crying over Kuzmenko being traded yet Lindholm brings a solution to a big need we have. If we can solve another by moving a Podkolzin i am not against that.