[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

10 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Yeah I knew I heard dahli say something in September, that's why I was so adamant about it. I really didn't have time to search for the proof but in the end it was a lot easier than bickering.

It's all small potatoes when you look at the big picture. We got great value for what was a 3rd round pick 7 months ago. Textbook case of pick the BPA and you can always move them for what you need in the future.

Will be interesting to see if he signs with Calgary, even though they are our rivals I would hate to see the kid pull a fox 2.0 on them.

Sweet irony if he doesn’t sign with them either.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That's what the doc said, 52 and in seemingly good health......decent shape, not overweight, don't drink, dont smoke, eat pretty healthy.........stuff happens I guess

Stay strong buddy! I enjoy our chats and want many more in the future with you. Keep as positive as you can and eat that elephant one bite at a time! 

13 hours ago, stawns said:

Anyway. .......whether he tried to sign or wanted out, I bet the canickx felt he wasn't going to transfer his skillset to the NHL as well as many thought.  

This is what I've felt for awhile too. Remember all the lineups with Subban in them and he was supposed to be what Hughes is now? 😆 While I really love how many points he's getting the amount of time he spends weaving around opponents who are sprawled on the ice is quite unusual.

Don't' get me wrong it's impressive and he has a nice really great anticipation, puck carrying skills, poise and passing ability but it's hard to envision in the pro game. A lot of it seems as if he is just jumping up after their high powered offence has left the opposition exhausted, desperate, and laying on the ice. I haven't seen in much in terms of strong play in his own end. 

15 hours ago, stawns said:

Done a lot of psychedelics in my life, but nothing like that

I wouldn't suggest it right now of course but have you ever synced up Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon with the Wizard of Oz? It's pretty awesome. So well done ... I'm sure you can skip the psychedelic part although that just makes it more vivid.

I had the CD on pause at the start and waited for the 3rd roar of the MGM lion, and hit play. The rest is magic

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wouldn't suggest it right now of course but have you ever synced up Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon with the Wizard of Oz? It's pretty awesome. So well done ... I'm sure you can skip the psychedelic part although that just makes it more vivid.

I had the CD on pause at the start and waited for the 3rd roar of the MGM lion, and hit play. The rest is magic

Man nightlife in Saskatoon has gone downhill since I left.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Man nightlife in Saskatoon has gone downhill since I left.

I'm not going to lie. We're struggling without you. 😁 Down to a workout at the fieldhouse, date night at the forestry farm, and a drive down Smurfy crescent to see the Christmas decorations. Also, big news is the one guy that spends $10,000 every year on his lawn and a lightshow choregraphed to Nickelback on CKOM, or someone equally as bad. :frantic: That's in the summer though.

The roads today are absolutely insane. Haven't seen anything this bad in quite a while. Been freezing rain falling on and off for a day or two. You can't go more than 5km an hour and if you so much as touch the brakes you just go flying off in anyone of 8 directions, usually exactly sideways.

Edited by Gawdzukes

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not going to lie. We're struggling without you. 😁 Down to a workout at the fieldhouse, date night at the forestry farm, and a drive down Smurfy crescent to see the Christmas decorations. Also, big news is the one guy that spends $10,000 every year on his lawn and a lightshow choregraphed to Nickelback on CKOM, or someone equally as bad. :frantic: That's in the summer though.

That dude is after my time. 

I was more of a buds on Broadway guy.

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The roads today are absolutely insane. Haven't seen anything this bad in quite a while. Been freezing rain falling on and off for a day or two. You can't go more than 5km an hour and if you so much as touch the brakes you just go flying off in anyone of 8 directions, usually exactly sideways.

Good times 😂 

Even that didn't prepare me for how bad Vancouver drivers are tho.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That dude is after my time. 

I was more of a buds on Broadway guy.

Good times 😂 

Even that didn't prepare me for how bad Vancouver drivers are tho.

Haha, I believe it. I would imagine experience with poor conditions is not great for lots of drivers.

I love Bud's too. Security on the backdoor has tightened considerably. Other than that exactly nothing has changed in 30 years. Hah. Still going strong, one of my best friends from high school is the head bartender. It's not always the best for my liver haha.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, I believe it. I would imagine experience with poor conditions is not great for lots of drivers.

I love Bud's too. Security on the backdoor has tightened considerably. Other than that exactly nothing has changed in 30 years. Hah. Still going strong, one of my best friends from high school is the head bartender. It's not always the best for my liver haha.

thats good to hear, there's been a lot of great music in that place. 

yeah driving here is stupid. You just have no idea what some knob will do, but you know something will happen every time you're on the road. Add cyclists with a death wish and you get the picture.

16 hours ago, stawns said:

Kind of my story too.  I had a small one a couple days before that wasnt detected by a cscan when I went to ER.  So when the big one hit i kind of thought it was an inner ear vertigo kind of thing.  It was a soild4 hours of not knowing up from down and puking.  But given the cscan I thought I was ok.

All things considered I got lucky, im functioning pretty well and my brain is working well......my speech is slow and sounds like I'm drunk

Feels like I both lost and won on the same lottery ticket 

Hope you and @Ghostsof1915 are recovering well.  You guys help make this place what it is.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am starting to think the comment we have all been making “I would like to see the Canucks win the Cup before I die” has been taken the wrong way by someone upstairs 😄

Just because we are #1 in the league and have a shot this year, doesn’t mean we all get our ticket punched!

I just got out of hospital after a couple weeks (same age as you) with some random internal infection that turned into sepsis and was a few hours from me being on a ventilator and multi organ failure before it got sorted.

I think we need to clarify, we want the team to win and also not die prematurely…

honestly, the way this year has come out of the blue, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. like, if the universe gives me a cup, how is it going to punish me for it afterwards to balance the scales?

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

honestly, the way this year has come out of the blue, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. like, if the universe gives me a cup, how is it going to punish me for it afterwards to balance the scales?

54 years is enough.

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

That's what the doc said, 52 and in seemingly good health......decent shape, not overweight, don't drink, dont smoke, eat pretty healthy.........stuff happens I guess

How the hell am I supposed to get into heated arguments with you now? :classic_angry:

Just kidding. Hope you are doing okay now.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:01 PM, Coryberg said:

@The Lock @Gawdzukes

This tweet is from October 15th, a month after they originally tried to sign him.

Screenshot_20240204_205755_X.jpg

You have to wonder what happened behind the scenes, whether he was a fit off the ice, etc.  As much as I was concerned with losing a 190lb teenager who has a heap of points in the OHL while playing D, I'm a bit relieved to hear that most of his points are secondary assists on a solid overall team.  He's still no doubt a very good prospect that we lost, but it stings a little less and it won't sting at all if Lindholm is a great fit for this year and years to come.

7 hours ago, Dom said:

If anyone cares to see Kuzmenkos thoughts. 

You can easily see how the guys loved him but also how a serious and focused RT would be irritated with him having so much happiness while his game wasn't riding high.  I hope he turns it around in Calgary (can't believe I'm writing that).....he's a good guy.

21 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

You can easily see how the guys loved him but also how a serious and focused RT would be irritated with him having so much happiness while his game wasn't riding high.  I hope he turns it around in Calgary (can't believe I'm writing that).....he's a good guy.

He's a great guy, and he keeps the room smiling. But struggling to backcheck is not good when you're trying to keep pucks out of the net.

I wish him luck. But there's already speculation that Calgary might even flip him at the deadline. Hopefully its to a team he wants to be be with.

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

You have to wonder what happened behind the scenes, whether he was a fit off the ice, etc.  As much as I was concerned with losing a 190lb teenager who has a heap of points in the OHL while playing D, I'm a bit relieved to hear that most of his points are secondary assists on a solid overall team.  He's still no doubt a very good prospect that we lost, but it stings a little less and it won't sting at all if Lindholm is a great fit for this year and years to come.

Stings less if Lindholm resigns with the team. If we lose him for nothing, and we don't win the Cup. Then we sent five players to a divisional rival with nothing to show for it. Management better have plan B, C, and D moving forward to fill the roster and prospect pool. A part of me wonders if this year is a one off. Like, we caught lightning in a bottle if you will, where just about every single player on the team is having career years. 

Does this occur again next season? or is it simply a one off? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Such a good dude. If he scores 40 - 50 goals in Calgary but puts up goose eggs playing the Canucks, I'll be ok with that. I hope he regains his scoring touch, he's def NHL calibre

• Cheers 2