[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

It sure seems we are an older group of fans who became Canuck fans long ago. Where are all the younger fans? IMHAO there’s a dead period during the Benning era where the club wasn’t attracting new fans, especially the young ones. Seems like the club lost a generation there. 
New management has turned that around. And the Lindholm trade just adds to the whole good management doing a good job (and attracting young fans) as opposed to what Benning did. 

I am in the younger demographic but was just very turned off from the team in the years following the meltdown against Boston. Tried going to a game here and there but the team was just lifeless until the last 2 years. I can handle a losing team if they at least show effort and fight but there has been very little of that for the last 6-7 years. Plus horrible mismanagement of prospects/picks just made it unbearable. This year has been awesome and I am cautiously optimistic that we can make playoffs👌🏻

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Mr_ajcartier7 said:

I am in the younger demographic but was just very turned off from the team in the years following the meltdown against Boston. Tried going to a game here and there but the team was just lifeless until the last 2 years. I can handle a losing team if they at least show effort and fight but there has been very little of that for the last 6-7 years. Plus horrible mismanagement of prospects/picks just made it unbearable. This year has been awesome and I am cautiously optimistic that we can make playoffs👌🏻

That down era, post twins, I wanted a tank-crash and bang era. Goon it up a bit to help change the reputation of the team. 

13 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That down era, post twins, I wanted a tank-crash and bang era. Goon it up a bit to help change the reputation of the team. 

Totally. I would have taken that over what we got. We just had a mishmash of totally generic players, many of which were NHL/AHL tweeners.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hope he does well. 

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Flames fans should appreciate his golden retriever energy if nothing else 

Kuzmenko must be a nice guy to have around if you don't have the pieces to be a winning team. Entertains the fans with his skill, and keeps things light in the dressing room. No doubt it helped the drudgery of last year go by a bit easier.

Calgary is going into full-on rebuild. Kuz will be a nice distraction for the next calendar year. And if things go well, he'll probably get them another pick at next year's deadline. 

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Kuzmenko must be a nice guy to have around if you don't have the pieces to be a winning team. Entertains the fans with his skill, and keeps things light in the dressing room. No doubt it helped the drudgery of last year go by a bit easier.

Calgary is going into full-on rebuild. Kuz will be a nice distraction for the next calendar year. And if things go well, he'll probably get them another pick at next year's deadline. 

Agreed for the most part but I'm just less certain about Calgary's rebuilding vs them trying to retool, I think it's too early to tell

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Any good micro breweries up there?

There's like one in Dawson, a couple up in FSJ apparently but I don't go that way much

Def not as many up this way unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well having one to support is good. 

True that, though I've always been more of a spirits guy

That's one thing I miss about the island, all the distilleries 

Shelter Point and Sheringham probably being my favourite, although Merridale makes a nice cider

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Shelter Point and Sheringham probably being my favourite, although Merridale makes a nice cider

Odd Society is my go to. Fits my personality 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

What have you tried from Shelter Point?