[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

The chances that Lindholm has appreciated in trade value since we acquired him has got to be 0, so if we do flip him, I suspect we take an immediate L on that intial trade.  Guess we gotta wait and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

The chances that Lindholm has appreciated in trade value since we acquired him has got to be 0, so if we do flip him, I suspect we take an immediate L on that intial trade.  Guess we gotta wait and see what happens.

Not necessarily. Boston really needs a center, who knows what they offer up.

• Cheers 1

So, I'm not about to call this trade a bust at this point, but I do feel like I need to see the Lindholm that we paid for, emerge tonight.

The guy that I've seen so far, I think of as worth Kuzmenko and maybe a 3rd rounder.

I want to see the guy we really paid out for start to emerge again and not just for a flashes, I want to see a whole game where he drives the play at both ends.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, I'm not about to call this trade a bust at this point, but I do feel like I need to see the Lindholm that we paid for, emerge tonight.

download.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

The guy that I've seen so far, I think of as worth Kuzmenko and maybe a 3rd rounder.

Kuzmenko and a 3rd rounder would have been worth a 7th rounder. With his contract and his defensive deficiencies nobody was lining up to pay for him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I want to see the guy we really paid out for start to emerge again and not just for a flashes, I want to see a whole game where he drives the play at both ends.

The Canucks brass, for whatever reason, created a problem that never existed in the first place.

Prior to the Lindholm trade, we already had two lines that could consistently score (Lotto Line and Garland’s line).  Three lines when you consider that Hoglander was driving the 4th line and consistently scoring.

Yes our 2nd line of Mikheyev, Suter, and Kuzmenko was completely useless but it was a non-issue given the above.

In theory, Lindholm should have been an excellent addition for us because he could have taken that Suter/Mikheyev line, and turned it into a supreme shut down line.  Mikheyev and Suter, despite their offensive impotency, are among the best defensive players in the league.  Ditto for Lindholm even when his offense isn’t up to par.

USE THAT!

Instead, our coaching staff became obsessed with Pettersson and Lindholm forming a man on man penis on penis relationship with one another in hopes of creating a baby (to address an issue which never existed in the first place).  

Even now, it’s not too late.  

1. Reunite the Lotto Line

2. Podkolzin with Bluegar/Garland until Joshua comes back. 
3. Let Hoglander continue to dominate on the 4th line.  

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter, much like me during my college days, probably won’t be able to score much, but this line would be among the best shut down lines in the league.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Even though Lindholm has been a disappointment offensively so far, I definitely notice his contributions defensively and on faceoffs. Having a RH center who is excellent in the circle is a big deal. He also takes some of the pressure off of Miller & Petey.

I hope EL gets some chemistry and offense going. If he doesn't, then we overpaid for him. But still, I'm really happy he's on the team.

• Cheers 4

I still think it's a solid trade.  We have been incredibly lucky this season with no top six injuries. If we can actually put together a deep run in the playoffs I would be a lot happier knowing we have Lindy as insurance if Petey or Miller were to go down.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a horrible trade when we made it but I thought at least Lindolm would put up descent numbers and be solid defensively, boy was I wrong he's an offensive black hole and just ok Defensively.  He's literally LE but a center.  I used to think if we re-signed him that would at least make things a little better, but now it's the last thing I want to happen.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Thrago said:

I thought this was a horrible trade when we made it but I thought at least Lindolm would put up descent numbers and be solid defensively, boy was I wrong he's an offensive black hole and just ok Defensively.  He's literally LE but a center.  I used to think if we re-signed him that would at least make things a little better, but now it's the last thing I want to happen.

i wanted to stay away from Lindholm, and take Monohan instead.

how frustrating is that,. 

• Cheers 1

They needed a winger that can play with Pettersson/Hoglander 

Toffoli 

They only had to give up 1 or 2nd round for someone like Toffoli who is proven to have good chemistry with Pettersson 

and they go and get linholm when our 3 rd line is one of the best in the league 

give up bunch of picks and one of our top prospect RHD 

Joshua Blueger Garland 

They probably can get something back trading kuzmenko to Blackhawk/blue jacket/ capital etc  

Zzzzzz

Edited by occ78
  • Cheers 1

I think it's safe to say we won't be extending Lindholm. 
Sick of Calgary continuously taking advantage of our management. The Baertschi trade was what started it all, as the 2nd we gave them turned into Rasmus Andersson. 
Then we give them Tanev & Markstrom for free. Looks like we've just handed them Kuzmenko, A top RHD prospect and a 1st round pick for free as well. 

I've liked Lindholm since he's come into the league, but come on dude, show us something. 13:54 in ice time yesterday is just embarrassing. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, KesLord said:

Sick of Calgary continuously taking advantage of our management. The Baertschi trade was what started it all, as the 2nd we gave them turned into Rasmus Andersson. 
Then we give them Tanev & Markstrom for free. Looks like we've just handed them Kuzmenko, A top RHD prospect and a 1st round pick for free as well. 

I've liked Lindholm since he's come into the league, but come on dude, show us something. 13:54 in ice time yesterday is just embarrassing. 

We didn't give them Tanev & Markstrom for free. They're automonous human beings who chose to sign in Calgary? 

But yea Lindholm needs to get his shite together. 

16 hours ago, KesLord said:

He is due a new contract and he is playing in a third line role where his offensive numbers have been stifled. Yes he is an awesome centre, he is killing it in the faceoff circle and he is really helping the Canucks with his depth BUT, there is zero intention to keep Lindholm where he is when Joshua returns as that third line the Canucks have is with no bias here one of the top 3rd lines in the league. So why continue to prevent growth and chemistry for Lindholm in the top six at his stage ? top six is where he belongs and will be anyways with Joshua's return.

For the team it has helped having Lindholm as a third line centre but overall it has been a misuse of a top six asset. There is no secret in building your forward lines in duos, Boeser & Miller, Pettersson & Lindholm. No brainer. Add Mikheyev/Suter with Miller and Boeser, Hoglander with Petey and Lindholm.

I would be of the assumption there is no chance Lindholm is extended, that might have been different had he continued in a top six role and developed chemistry there but he is not given an opportunity here to play top six minutes in a meaningful role and looking at his face he doesn't look super happy out there. Was a good bet and I am not saying he won't prove vital come Playoff time as he will be, but I think the team to a degree pooched the opportunity that was here to get him in a groove and have him enjoy success in the top six thus giving him some incentive to extend. 

Should have provided incentive for bottom six guys to play on that third line while Joshua was out all the while having Lindholm gelling in the top six.

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He is due a new contract and he is playing in a third line role where his offensive numbers have been stifled. Yes he is an awesome centre, he is killing it in the faceoff circle and he is really helping the Canucks with his depth BUT, there is zero intention to keep Lindholm where he is when Joshua returns as that third line the Canucks have is with no bias here one of the top 3rd lines in the league. So why continue to prevent growth and chemistry for Lindholm in the top six at his stage ? top six is where he belongs and will be anyways with Joshua's return.

For the team it has helped having Lindholm as a third line centre but overall it has been a misuse of a top six asset. There is no secret in building your forward lines in duos, Boeser & Miller, Pettersson & Lindholm. No brainer. Add Mikheyev/Suter with Miller and Boeser, Hoglander with Petey and Lindholm.

I would be of the assumption there is no chance Lindholm is extended, that might have been different had he continued in a top six role and developed chemistry there but he is not given an opportunity here to play top six minutes in a meaningful role and looking at his face he doesn't look super happy out there. Was a good bet and I am not saying he won't prove vital come Playoff time as he will be, but I think the team to a degree pooched the opportunity that was here to get him in a groove and have him enjoy success in the top six thus giving him some incentive to extend. 

Should have provided incentive for bottom six guys to play on that third line while Joshua was out all the while having Lindholm gelling in the top six.

I agree, except that it seems Hoglander and Petey is quickly becoming that lines pair.

I honestly think for this season once DJ gets back, a line of him, Lindy, and Garland would be even more superior then with Blue. I could see us going into the playoffs with a roster of:

mik - Miller - Boeser

hogz - Petey - Suter/Podz 

joshua - Lindy - garland

Suter/Podz - Blueger - Lafferty

• Cheers 1

This is one of current management's worst trades. 

We gave up a lot for what appears to be a mediocre player.

Of course I hope to eat crow if he actually starts playing really good hockey in the playoffs. I just won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Of course I hope to eat crow if he actually starts playing really good hockey in the playoffs. I just won't hold my breath.

I mean, Petey will rebound it's okay. Wait, no, you mean Lindholm. Nah, I am sure he'll rebound. It's okay.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I think we're even more disappointed in how the trade turn out based on Lindholm's point production so far, especially as we see other comparable rentals like Tofu and Monahan showing better value when we paid more for Lindholm. 

Some didn't like the price we paid, but they certainly didn't expect this to not work out at all because almost all the moves that JR and PA have made before this trade have worked out. 

When Joshua comes back they need to try putting Lindholm back with Petey again. I can only hope Petey gets it going then the offense will come for Lindholm as well.  Lindholm is not supposed to be the one driving the offense. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Mac said:

Edited by iinatcc

16 hours ago, NHLer said:

We didn't give them Tanev & Markstrom for free. They're automonous human beings who chose to sign in Calgary? 

But yea Lindholm needs to get his shite together. 

get-your-shit-together-rick-and-morty.gif

• Haha 2