[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

This is the most fucked up part.

We already have a 2C his name is Petterson and %50 of you fucktards have his jersey. JC is our 1C and sure Petey is on vacation on the lotto line but he gotta get back to work and run his line.

This is it in a nutshell. Miller/Boeser were doing there job as part of the offense in the top six. The other line, Petey/Kuz need to form the second line and the offensive responsibilities. 

You can't just stack the top line, thats what the PP is for. 

If the #2 line is not working, Petey has to bear some of that responsibilty. Didn't we sign Kuz to be his regular line mate? 

Now Petey bails on his line mates and lets them fend for themselves. What a great team mate? 

If Petey can't run the #1 line or even the #2 line, maybe he is not a good fit here .

Great player, just not a great fit here.

We need a #2 Center more then we need a WInger for Miller and Boeser, especially if its going to cost us 12-13 Million dollars.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Yeah everyone is fine with that trade. Except Pittsburg, their management, their fanbase, their lawyers, bankers, financers, marketing groups... All of twitter, TSN, even Sportsnet would not support a canadian team snaking a deal like that ha ha ha

Pittsburgh is not against it. Talks have absolutely soured there to the point where he isn’t re-signing. He’s wanting 8 million/year long term at 30 years old.  As long as the Canucks fans realize it’s only a rental and we have 0% chance of re-signing him. 
 Hes ppg in the playoffs for his career. We need that as we don’t have much “real playoff” experience on this team. 

3 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Pittsburgh is not against it. Talks have absolutely soured there to the point where he isn’t re-signing. He’s wanting 8 million/year long term at 30 years old.  As long as the Canucks fans realize it’s only a rental and we have 0% chance of re-signing him. 
 Hes ppg in the playoffs for his career. We need that as we don’t have much “real playoff” experience on this team. 

soooo,,, can we get crosby too? I mean... this seems like a legit trade now after you explained

7 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Probably, but that's also not entirely true. It would simply require moving Garland in the offseason and letting Hoglander replace him on our 3rd line next year.

• ThereItIs 1

I like the suggestions being through out there of the Bo Horvat trade for Lindholm

Let's get err done!

1st, Raty, Beauvellier... or 1st, Bains, Kuzmenko for Lindholm

Pending UFA having a down season.

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Suter - Petterson - Lindholm

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

We’ve tried and the price is huge.  Wallinder, Lekkermaki and 3-1sts apparently AND that’s if he’ll even waive. 

Well.... do it. Bedard and Celebrini will be wanting to come home from chicago in 3 or 4 years. 

So do it.

I would prefer to give them Petterson instead, and keep our future team. How about Petterson and Suter. 

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Probably, but that's also not entirely true. It would simply require moving Garland in the offseason and letting Hoglander replace him on our 3rd line next year.

Could be possible but it’ll be hard considering Pettersson is picking up 5 million in Salary, Hronek 2-3+, plus the 2.5 in OEL cap penalty. That’s almost 10 million to keep 2 players that we have. Myers+ kuz+garland out frees up 16, but if we were to sign another 7+ contract, we’d still be further behind, against the cap and an additional 2 roster spots we’d have to fill. 

10 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I see a lot of line proposals in here and most of the time I just ignore them, but, this one makes sense. 

Petey has some chemistry with Boeser and Hogs really needs that promotion to the top 6.

The only concern is Petey and Mik down low. Hogs/Miller will be fine , just hesitant on the Petey/Mik combo digging out pucks out of the corner.

Worth a try though ,like you said, and Suter is a total waste of time in the top 6 IMO.

I agree and that's my fear fot the Petey line as well but the thing is, we know Petey and Boeser are good players and we're not gonna dump them whereas we might actually dump Kuz for pennies on the dollar as a cap dump when I think he could actually be a really good player. 

I would try this on weaker teams in hopes that this gets Kuz going while Petey line might not produce and we would still have a chance to win if Miller's line (with Kuz and Hogs) and Garland line picks up the production. 

We would prob see a drop in 4th line production as well as a line of Lafferty, Suter and Aman would be more of a shutdown line rather than contributing offensively (when Hogz is on it) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe, but if we could get a good extension in place to me it's a great addition.

He would be excellent 

would be the cheapest of the names, EK, Middlestatd, this forum has been tossing around as legit centermen aside from Monahan

if he would be willing to do 6x5 years that would be solid

my only issue is that makes the roster older than Ideal. Would rather pay a bit more and find a guy 24-27 to keep peteys window open longer

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Well.... do it. Bedard and Celebrini will be wanting to come home from chicago in 3 or 4 years. 

So do it.

I would prefer to give them Petterson instead, and keep our future team. How about Petterson and Suter. 

Lol! That’s what I call a pipe dream. I’m sure Mcdavid, Mackinnon and matthews all want to go home too. But professional hockey is a business, players do what’s best for their bank account. 

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Lol! That’s what I call a pipe dream. I’m sure Mcdavid, Mackinnon and matthews all want to go home too. But professional hockey is a business, players do what’s best for their bank account. 

That's why it is hard to have teams like Montreal,Old Edmonton and Islander teams.

We may never see a three plus year Stanley Cup team.

Unless a team gets three first rounds of a McDavid type player.

• Like 1

if we dont match the Petterson offer sheet from another team this summer in  RFA, we drop not only his cap but pick up 4 1st round picks.

You dont think we can get bedard and celebrini here in 3 or 4 years?

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

That's why it is hard to have teams like Montreal,Old Edmonton and Islander teams.

Yes and even then they want to be the highest paid player in the league. So it’s hard to fill out a good D squad and a goalie. 
 Edmonton has proved that. 

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The only way we get Ek is for Petterson. Fuck the other "ideas". And it would almost work, we need petey's cap space to sign the rest of our team.

We cant give up our future, and no other Mortgage is available.

I like Ek.

I like Petterson

You just said the only good thing about Ek was his contract. How you're talking about how you like him in a potential Petey trade? You're all over the place.

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

or a petterson

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

if we dont match the Petterson offer sheet from another team this summer in  RFA, we drop not only his cap but pick up 4 1st round picks.

You dont think we can get bedard and celebrini here in 3 or 4 years?

I think that Bedard and Celebrini end up here if they end up panning out like Nail Yakupov. Otherwise there’s a 0.01% chance. 

Yes and even then they want to be the highest paid player in the league. So it’s hard to fill out a good D squad and a goalie. 
 Edmonton has proved that. 

Exactly, a team would need all other picks in those years to produce 6 or more nhler that include a good goalie and two to three D's

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You just said the only good thing about Ek was his contract. How you're talking about how you like him in a potential Petey trade? You're all over the place.

Lol bi-polar. The only player that PA has tried actively to acquire is Guentzel, everything else has been just pure speculation and rumour.