[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

You're outta your friggin' mind. 

Whether or not he's part of a cup winning team, he's not worth $10 mil a year long-term. 

Thank God you aren't running the show. 

Hahaha

Who cares what he's worth. 

I was saying who cares what he gets next year. If he wins mvp get 10mill good for him. Or 15 mill

Our goal is cup. Not worried about next year re signing him. 

Just like I don't care if Brzustewicz ends up a Flame hall of fame. 

We made this trade for a cup run this year.  Not worried about Lindholm re signing.. I want him to be the best player in the world for the rest of season and playoffs. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty good trade. filled our biggest need. got our first choice of rentals i’d think.

HB is an intriguing player and i’ve been excited for him this year, but he’s a long way from a sure thing. odds are he’ll never amount to anything more than a sheltered role player at the nhl level, but he’s too young and talented to say he couldn’t become a #1 guy.  

Gotta give to get. We kept all our blue chip guys, and the first and HB are long shots to be impact players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

The scouting report on Brzustewicz is that his skating needs work, but his vision and playmaking ability make up for it at the junior level, which does not bode well for a fast track to the pro level.

This is straight from his scouting report "With his edge work and skating ability, he can run a five-on-five cycle, and quarterback a top power-play unit without much difficulty."  

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

This is straight from his scouting report "With his edge work and skating ability, he can run a five-on-five cycle, and quarterback a top power-play unit without much difficulty."  

Shhhh shhhh shh

Enough now. Bedtime. Come on , let’s go kiddo.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Who are you even and why are you here? Go cheer for your own team. No I am not asking for an official thing in any way - just find better pleasures in life.

What an absolutely stupid statement.  Isn't this message board for discussing things like trades, etc...or should everyone just agree with anything that goes on with the team?  I do cheer for the Canucks and have for years and spend a considerable amount of money each year supporting the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

As is this, from today...

"His defensive game has holes and, unless he either improves his skating or learns how to compensate, that probably continues to be a problem at the pro level."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10107466-2024-nhl-trade-deadline-trade-tracker-and-analysis-leading-up-to-march-8.amp.html

• Like 1

What an absolutely stupid statement.  Isn't this message board for discussing things like trades, etc...or should everyone just agree with anything that goes on with the team?  I do cheer for the Canucks and have for years and spend a considerable amount of money each year supporting the team.

No no you stink 

Edit: No no, your opinions stink. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

8 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Ok and they cant be compared based solely on where they were drafted?

A player drafted in the 1st round is usually more talented, and I think it's safe to assume that some can make the direct jump to an NHL roster. 

A player drafted in later rounds, the percentage drops, by quite a bit. Usually they'll need some time in the minors (AHL) to develop their game so that it's a pro game. 

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Right-handed centre (which we didn't have before him), 55% FO, 200ft selke runner up, has potted 40 goals, Swedish, 29yo. 

Insane we just added him. 

Absolutely! A couple weeks ago when I was reviewing lists of players that should be available at trade deadline, immediately Lindholm jumped out at me as the top prize and the player that would likely have the greatest impact on a lengthy playoff run. 

His skill set combination is so rare, and he is exactly the type of player that helps teams win. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

My big concern is that Kuzy exploded last year and has half an "average" season with us - I wouldn't say bad. Maybe the fit was bad, but what does this message say to other players - if you have 40 average games, you're out?

I get the need for the trade and Kuzmenko wasn't living up to his potential and cap and coaching style but it certainly leaves a sour taste in your mouth. 

Good trade to get what we need and the best available player out there but we just offered a boat-load and you know it's what Conroy wanted.

I think the guys in the media said it best about Kuzmenko. He was just not working in Tocchet's system and when everyone else in the roster has adjusted to Tocchet's system in playing a more structured, defensively responsible game except Kuzmenko, then maybe the problem is with Kuzy.

Kuzmenko excelled last season because the team wasn't playing winning hockey. It was just guys scoring playing high event hockey unstructed hockey.  So you are less likely going to see those crazy games like the 8-5 win Canucks had againts The Ducks last season where Kuzmenko had a hattrick and 4 pts.

6 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

What are you trying to even say?

Brzustewicz is obviously a decent prospect because aside from a late 1st in a meh draft we gave up nothing to land the top TDL target this season.

But even as a decent prospect he was left off of team USA and putting up points as the go to offensive d man on a stacked OHL team comes with a lot of caveats around the likelihood that he reaches his upside.  

He could be good.  He could also be nothing and a prime example of selling high. 

Good chance we aren’t going to have as deep a team next year as OEL’s hit plus UFA raises affect the cap.  Therefore it’s good business to add a key piece for the playoff run. 

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

As is this, from today...

"His defensive game has holes and, unless he either improves his skating or learns how to compensate, that probably continues to be a problem at the pro level."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10107466-2024-nhl-trade-deadline-trade-tracker-and-analysis-leading-up-to-march-8.amp.html

I just found another article from today that says something opposite but its all spitballing.  I guess time will tell.  

You're an absolute beauty!

I look forward to any meaningful input you post in the future and I will credit accordingly. It’s something neat to see here when posters show actual change. But, I just don’t suspect I’ll see you do that. I really hope I’m proven wrong because we’re only stronger together. 

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

What are you trying to even say?

Brzustewicz is obviously a decent prospect because aside from a late 1st in a meh draft we landed the top TDL target this season.  

But even as a decent prospect he was left off of team USA and putting up points as the go to offensive d man on a stacked OHL team comes with a lot of caveats around the likelihood that he reaches his upside.  

He could be good.  He could also be nothing and a prime example of selling high. 

Good chance we aren’t going to have as deep a team next year as OEL’s hit plus UFA raises affect the cap.  Therefore it’s good business to add a key piece for the playoff run. 

I've said throughout this entire thread that I like Lindholm as a player, but would have preferred to give up the 1st or Brz, not both....and then I got sucked into a bunch of rabbit holes about specifics.  

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I look forward to any meaningful input you post in the future and I will credit accordingly. It’s something neat to see here when posters show actual change. But, I just don’t suspect I’ll see you do that. I really hope I’m proven wrong because we’re only stronger together. 

As meaningful as your "shhhh", "you stink", "its bedtime kiddo" and "who are you and where did you come from?"...that kind of meaningful?

Edited by fanofvan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, The Duke said:

I mean fair enough but we weren’t landing Lindholm this early for Kuz + 1st alone.

Brz is a polarizing prospect re: his value. Maybe if we still had a 2nd we could have gotten away with a different piece.. but I think Allvin did well to hold on to Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, Willander and Raty.

Agreed Kuz and a 1st wasn't getting it done.  I place no value on Jurmo as he wasn't in the Canucks plans but would have preferred Klimovich, Sasson, Hirose or McWard be moved.  I may be wrong, which is very possible, but there was something I liked in Brz.

• Cheers 2